* Notify me: Informs you when your report is dealt with.

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

* Notify me: Informs you when your report is dealt with. 

Post#1 » by dorkestra » Wed Sep 4, 2019 4:59 am

When, but not how? What is the point? If you're not going to say how, you should probably remove it as an option.
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: * Notify me: Informs you when your report is dealt with. 

Post#2 » by FNQ » Wed Sep 4, 2019 10:50 pm

Because if you are unlucky enough to be a mod in a contentious forum, the last thing you want to do after dealing with all the problems is writing a report on it that some of the time will result in more complaining from the original reporter.
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Post#3 » by dorkestra » Thu Sep 5, 2019 11:43 pm

FNQ wrote:Because if you are unlucky enough to be a mod in a contentious forum, the last thing you want to do after dealing with all the problems is writing a report on it that some of the time will result in more complaining from the original reporter.

If it's easy to remove from the interface, that sounds like the right approach if it's not going to be used as a poster would expect it to be.
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#4 » by FNQ » Fri Sep 6, 2019 5:32 pm

dorkestra wrote:
FNQ wrote:Because if you are unlucky enough to be a mod in a contentious forum, the last thing you want to do after dealing with all the problems is writing a report on it that some of the time will result in more complaining from the original reporter.

If it's easy to remove from the interface, that sounds like the right approach if it's not going to be used as a poster would expect it to be.

I dunno, seems to me it does what its supposed to. Lets the reporter new that a mod has seen it and dealt with it accordingly. Guess you could follow up to ask what happened, and responses vary from mod to mod. When I was asked about someone else's status on the T&T board, I'd just tell them it was handled, because our group went over a lot of decisions together, and extra input after the fact wasn't really needed. Plus it always devolved into a "Well [this poster] was given [harsher punishment] for the same thing" or "So I can do the same thing [reported poster] did and there's no punishment? Cool"

So its not a really functional idea. But I will admit that I always did at least read post-action complaints to see if there was any validity to them. Its rare, but it happened
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,644

Post#5 » by Howard Mass » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:15 am

FNQ,

Thank you for answering this.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions