ImageImageImage

Official Offseason thread Vol 3: Bck2BACK

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,814

Re: Official Offseason thread Vol 3: Bck2BACK 

Post#1641 » by BFRESH44 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:25 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
kobewade11 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
I don't think it really matters that he was the 13th pick. He's getting really hyped up and a lot of people expect him to be good. We need him to be good more than we needed Beasley to be good.

False. You can never compare the expectations of a guy picked at 13 to the #2 overall pick. Top 3-5 pick is franchise player territory, that isn't the expectation for Herro.

Beasley had higher expectations but higher expectations doesn't=bigger disappointment. 76ers drafted Fultz #1 but 76ers fans already moved on from him like he was the 20th pick because they didn't need him. Herro being a bust is worse than Beasley being a bust because we almost need Herro to be a good player.

This makes no sense, bro. He's a back end of the lottery selection. And no, we don't NEED Tyler Herro to be a good player. It would certainly be ideal, but it's not a case of make or break lol.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,119

Post#1642 » by twix2500 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:29 pm

FTH need his own show. His takes are special

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#1643 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:34 pm

BFRESH44 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
kobewade11 wrote:False. You can never compare the expectations of a guy picked at 13 to the #2 overall pick. Top 3-5 pick is franchise player territory, that isn't the expectation for Herro.

Beasley had higher expectations but higher expectations doesn't=bigger disappointment. 76ers drafted Fultz #1 but 76ers fans already moved on from him like he was the 20th pick because they didn't need him. Herro being a bust is worse than Beasley being a bust because we almost need Herro to be a good player.

This makes no sense, bro. He's a back end of the lottery selection. And no, we don't NEED Tyler Herro to be a good player. It would certainly be ideal, but it's not a case of make or break lol.

Yes, we almost do. Imagine this fan base if Herro becomes a bust.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1644 » by HIF » Fri Sep 6, 2019 5:37 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:If Herro were to become a bust he'd be the worst bust in Miami Heat history.
What? Didn't we just talk about Beasley

Surely Harold is far worse.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM

Post#1645 » by HIF » Fri Sep 6, 2019 5:39 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
BFRESH44 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

Only the 10 year olds will worry.

Older heads expect him to be nothing much and are surprised if a 13th pick is decent.

HIF
RealGM

Post#1646 » by HIF » Fri Sep 6, 2019 5:39 pm

So are there any Leonard rumours?

Is he gone or will he stay?

twix2500
RealGM

Post#1647 » by twix2500 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 5:43 pm

HIF wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:If Herro were to become a bust he'd be the worst bust in Miami Heat history.
What? Didn't we just talk about Beasley

Surely Harold is far worse.
I'll put Herro on the Khalid Reeves level as far as expectations from him.

MartyCONLONNN
Analyst
And1: 2,315

Post#1648 » by MartyCONLONNN » Fri Sep 6, 2019 6:03 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
MartyCONLONNN wrote:

The 13th pick just doesnt hold that kind of weight man. It definitely looks like teammates/staff like his work ethic & personality though.

I don't think it really matters that he was the 13th pick. He's getting really hyped up and a lot of people expect him to be good. We need him to be good more than we needed Beasley to be good.

I think there is a fundamental confusion in this whole conversation. His hype? Let's clarify. Almost everyone including media has identified him likely as the best shooter in the draft. But his weaknesses have been just as well-documented. Length issues, defense, loose handle, finishing at the rim, the fact that he's just 19. He's going to have serious growing pains at that age especially with lack of NBA ready body. But this is exactly why he was a mid first rounder (initially projected much later). Beasley, on the other hand, was compared closely to Durant as a prospect and DOMINATED college ball in a way rarely ever seen. His only real projected weakness was his size and mentality.

Any hype about Herro being anything outside of what his strengths are his first year have been perpetuated solely by fans. The fact that his teammates take to him, that he enjoys "drip,'' and partakes in trash talk have nothing to do with expectation even though they seem to be for whatever reason.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1649 » by twix2500 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 7:38 pm

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,632

Post#1650 » by Kobewade11 » Sat Sep 7, 2019 12:51 am

Dion looks to be in excellent shape. Vis his IG story otherwise I would link it
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,753

Post#1651 » by KingDavid » Sat Sep 7, 2019 6:26 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
BFRESH44 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? I'd be more concerned about the fanbase if we were a bad team. He could bust and we could still be a playoff team. No one is expecting Herro to be a top lotto talent. Same with Bam. It's pleasant when they meet or exceed expectations but it's more likely that someone busts around when they were picked.

We have to keep our expectations in check.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1652 » by KingDavid » Sat Sep 7, 2019 6:28 am

HIF wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
BFRESH44 wrote:

Only the 10 year olds will worry.

Older heads expect him to be nothing much and are surprised if a 13th pick is decent.

I'd be surprised if he's in any serious rotation :lol:
#HEATLifer

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1653 » by KingDavid » Sat Sep 7, 2019 6:32 am

Wow. The worst in heat history. Do you always speak with superlatives? What an awful take.

Beasley was the 2nd pick of a draft and dominated college. His work in college is what brought the hype. You're lost in Herro's sauce. He's done nothing to warrant that level of hype. He's an elite shooter. That's it. I don't know if you've heard this before, but there's more to NBA basketball than a wet jumper.
#HEATLifer

Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#1654 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sat Sep 7, 2019 2:12 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
BFRESH44 wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? I'd be more concerned about the fanbase if we were a bad team. He could bust and we could still be a playoff team. No one is expecting Herro to be a top lotto talent. Same with Bam. It's pleasant when they meet or exceed expectations but it's more likely that someone busts around when they were picked.

We have to keep our expectations in check.

Aren't we talking about biggest disappointments? Has to do with a lot. We'd still be a playoff but fans also care about how good their rookies or young players are.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#1655 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sat Sep 7, 2019 2:15 pm

KingDavid wrote:

Wow. The worst in heat history. Do you always speak with superlatives? What an awful take.

Beasley was the 2nd pick of a draft and dominated college. His work in college is what brought the hype. You're lost in Herro's sauce. He's done nothing to warrant that level of hype. He's an elite shooter. That's it. I don't know if you've heard this before, but there's more to NBA basketball than a wet jumper.

I'm not exaggerating though? Doesn't matter what Herro did to warrant that kind of hype, that has nothing to do with my argument.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,511

Post#1656 » by AirP. » Sat Sep 7, 2019 2:46 pm

Read on Twitter
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#1657 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sat Sep 7, 2019 4:18 pm

Unless one of the guards is out due to injury for a while, Herro will average around 10 minutes and 4.5 points per game.
MadD23
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,437

Post#1658 » by MadD23 » Sat Sep 7, 2019 5:58 pm

I never post here, but I come in daily to read all your posts. FTH15 I am pretty sure that Tyler Herro "if healthy" will play around 18 minutes and average close to 10 ppg in his first season with the Heat. And it wouldn't surprise me if its more.

Dion looks like he is on a mission, I am looking forward to seeing what he'll bring to the table fully healthy.

I have little expectations from JJ, but he is working hard as well and looks to be in Heat shape. Hopefully he can provide much more than the past 2 seasons.

Winslow, DJJ and Bam are the biggest X factors here. If they make the expected jump that their talents suggest, this team could open some eyes.

This is going to be an interesting season. No doubt about it. I predict Goran and other players will get traded in February right before the trade deadline. I wonder how good or bad we'll be by then.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,306

Post#1659 » by Beenie » Sat Sep 7, 2019 6:43 pm

I suspect Mia's current roster will be short lived. Whatever the eventual team looks like, come the end of the season, lineup shakeups and minutes will fluctuate.

Best guess, at some point in the season, Herro will be playing north of 20 minutes a game.

For perspective, Tyler Johnson averaged about 19 minutes per game in his first season with Mia and he's no White Drip.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#1660 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sat Sep 7, 2019 9:37 pm

MadD23 wrote:I never post here, but I come in daily to read all your posts. FTH15 I am pretty sure that Tyler Herro "if healthy" will play around 18 minutes and average close to 10 ppg in his first season with the Heat. And it wouldn't surprise me if its more.

Dion looks like he is on a mission, I am looking forward to seeing what he'll bring to the table fully healthy.

I have little expectations from JJ, but he is working hard as well and looks to be in Heat shape. Hopefully he can provide much more than the past 2 seasons.

Winslow, DJJ and Bam are the biggest X factors here. If they make the expected jump that their talents suggest, this team could open some eyes.

This is going to be an interesting season. No doubt about it. I predict Goran and other players will get traded in February right before the trade deadline. I wonder how good or bad we'll be by then.

It's hard to find minutes for 4 guards let alone 5. Maybe if DJJr is out of the rotation, Herro will get more minutes.

Return to Miami Heat