ImageImage

Who exactly do Grizzlies fans think is going to start at shooting guard next season?

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

LightYearsAhead
Ballboy
And1: 0

Who exactly do Grizzlies fans think is going to start at shooting guard next season? 

Post#1 » by LightYearsAhead » Sat Sep 7, 2019 4:38 pm

I'm curious how Grizzlies fans are making sense of this.

Doesn't anyone think it's bazaar that right now Tyus Jones is the only one on the roster who you can look at and say "he's gonna
start at the off-guard."

I'm sure everyone has fantasies that somehow the expiring contracts the Grizzlies are holding on to all summer is going to land them Steph Curry but that's not always realistic.

But I'm interested in how a Grizzlies fan is even rationalizing this.

Do you guys believe Tyus Jones or Grayson Allen is really going to start? Or are you guys believing that trades are coming as well?
JJJgoat
Ballboy
And1: 2

Re: Who exactly do Grizzlies fans think is going to start at shooting guard next season? 

Post#2 » by JJJgoat » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:18 am

Aren't they enamored with Melton, he could earn starting minutes at the 2.
LightYearsAhead
Ballboy

Re: Who exactly do Grizzlies fans think is going to start at shooting guard next season? 

Post#3 » by LightYearsAhead » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:37 pm

Wow, Bob Myers is really dragging this one out to avoid all the media coverage.

It's like when the Mets fired Willie Randolph at 3 in the morning.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#4 » by VCfor3 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:49 pm

I think Dillon Brooks will start at SG to begin the season
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#6 » by No-Man » Thu Oct 3, 2019 9:17 am

I see it this way

Morant-Jones
Brooks-Guduric/Allen
Anderson-Crowder
Jackson-Clarke/Caboclo
Valanciunas-Rabb

Melton is hurt I believe so it could take him a bit to claim a spot, not sure if Solo Hill or Plumlee can offer anything

Obv Iggy and Jackson are out of the rotation

The team has way too many 4s, Slo-mo and Crowder are PFs but will have to play the 3
LightYearsAhead
Ballboy

Post#7 » by LightYearsAhead » Thu Jan 9, 2020 5:06 pm

He's out for three or four months with an injury and that's why this has taken so long to complete.

He'll be there though. Bob Myers will probably give some speech honoring the players but at the same time telling the truth

about their five year run.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies