ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1721 » by HeadtopChunes » Sat Sep 7, 2019 3:26 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:I saw some bootleg Mo Bamba trade rumors lol.

I rather not risk any assets we have left for him, since we have a big who can score and is dynamic.

More for a swingman tbh.

thats fair, we are definitely weaker at the wing than the c spot

my rationale is Bamba has great upside with the potential to buy low and we dont really have a long term C
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,497

Post#1722 » by bballsparkin » Sat Sep 7, 2019 6:25 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:Given their roster composition it would be a gaurd.

Maybe a deal around Vanvleet? Depending on how they feel about his pending free agency

I can see them wait of course but they are also a playoff team now so they have some pressure to win now

He can shoot more than most rim runners but not good yet. Hovered around 30% from 3 both in the league and in college and his FT% (59% in the league and 68% in college) is not good

He did shoot well from long mid range tho but on fairly low volume (19/43)

His jumper has some promise but I wouldn’t expect a great shooter.

As a 6th pick in 2018 it seems early to give up on him. That's looking like a pretty epic draft too. FVV is expiring and looking to get paid so I'm thinking we'd have to add lots of incentives. I feel like we're bad trading partners at present since two of our best trade assets are expiring bigs. They do have a glut of bigs though. So I like the idea of trying to grab one of Gordon, Isaac and Bamba. Only on the cheap though as I want to keep the picks for Masai to do his draft magic.

Yeah that's what I figured about his shooting.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#1723 » by HeadtopChunes » Sat Sep 7, 2019 8:04 pm

Speaking of the Magic, Markelle Fultz would be an interesting reclamation project for us.

If the magic decline his option (they almost 100% will) could be an interesting get in FA
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,235

Post#1724 » by TheAlchemist » Sat Sep 7, 2019 9:30 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:Speaking of the Magic, Markelle Fultz would be an interesting reclamation project for us.

If the magic decline his option (they almost 100% will) could be an interesting get in FA

I was legitimately thinking the same thing today, crazy.

I honestly believe he's the best Target to get.

Unfortunately Philadelpha fd the process up, and gave up on youngins way too fast.

I really think that we can rehabilitate him, and if you can get a shot back he has a chance to be a real good star.
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#1725 » by YelloC » Sun Sep 8, 2019 12:47 am

Kris Wilkes who was just dropped by the Knicks seems like a Middleton type player.
His measurables are nice and his stats are solid all-around.
I know he got cut due to medical issues but this team has the wing depth to bring him along slowly. Hits the 3 at a decent clip at high volume.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,735

Post#1726 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sun Sep 8, 2019 5:34 am

Any interest in Juan Hernangómez? Knock down shooter buried on Denver's bench.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#1727 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 1:21 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:Any interest in Juan Hernangómez? Knock down shooter buried on Denver's bench.

I would take both of those brothers.
jeffya2
Veteran
And1: 2,982

Post#1728 » by jeffya2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:54 am

gerrit4 wrote:
Dalek wrote:I know this team needs some reliable scoring. The guy who is both a good player now and in the long term is Gary Harris.

Denver is fully committed to Jamal Murray but he is a non-traditional point who would benefit with having a guy like Lowry beside him. This does a favour to Lowry who will play with a Finals contender and give them the edgy veteran they need.

Harris is coming off a down year mainly due to nagging injuries, but every year before last he improved every aspect of his game. He is a SG but a two way one that Denver maybe could part with now that Malik Beasley is progressing. Harris is making $17m and they might be willing to move him.

Toronto sends out:
Lowry/Boucher

Denver sends out:
Harris/Plumlee

Toronto gets a star to replace Lowry as opposed to losing him next year for nothing. They can then start Van Vleet and see if he is worth re-signing.

I am a big Harris fan and think he fits the culture here to a tee. Don't know if Denver will deal with Masai, but there is a good case to be made.

Harris would be a perfect fit here, and when you consider how little wing scoring we have this season (unless Pascal shifts down to the 3), there's probably a great opportunity to really inflate the stats of a good scorer like Harris. I'll bet he'd average at least 20ppg here.

That said, I doubt that Lowry alone is enough to get Harris. But personally, I'd be willing to give up more. Harris/OG/Siakam isn't exactly a future big 3, but that's a very nice nucleus. If we get lucky on a late first round pick (as we did with Siakam), or a small trade (as we did with Lowry), then it would get us right back into the 50 win range for years to come.

I doubt Masai would do that
He's more of a 60's guy now I think :wink:
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#1729 » by YelloC » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:02 pm

Raptors are working out Isaiah Taylor. Probably better than Cam Payne.
wazabifuzz
Starter
And1: 599

Post#1730 » by wazabifuzz » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:03 pm

Beasley ? Raptors could use some of his versatility.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,260

Post#1731 » by Raptorfan2012 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:04 pm

wazabifuzz wrote:Beasley ? Raptors could use some of his versatility.

I have to say; Beasley looked pretty good in those Rico Runs. Is he currently a better fit than say Carmelo? Masai generally avoids guys with issues, but then again Masai did bring in James Johnson back in the day.
wazabifuzz
Starter
And1: 599

Post#1732 » by wazabifuzz » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:36 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:

I have to say; Beasley looked pretty good in those Rico Runs. Is he currently a better fit than say Carmelo? Masai generally avoids guys with issues, but then again Masai did bring in James Johnson back in the day.

Beasley might be happy here with Weed being legal and all ... :)
Masai / Bobby could pitch that.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#1733 » by Red_Claw » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Not even a sliver of a chance that Masai signs Bum Beasley.

You guys should know the Masai's standards at this point. Unless you're suggesting 2k terms.
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Post#1734 » by navyblue » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:20 pm

player whose team gave up on him after just signing him this offseason.
chose a 37 year big 3 player over him.
is already suspended to start the season.

plus its like none of the lessons from this season go through to this board, 2 way players are key to chip, having even one weak D player and the other teams will exploit endlessly in playoffs.
TheAlchemist
General Manager

Post#1735 » by TheAlchemist » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:38 pm

Was messing around with the trade checker, and was thinking about Chris Paul after Sports Illustrated named him #20.

I truly believe the guy got something to prove and a fire lit under his ass.

I did a 3 team trade of teams receiving:

Houston
Marc Gasol
Miller ( Salary relief)

Okc:
OG
Ibaka

Raptors:
Chris Paul
Clint Capella
PJ tucker

I'm not that Big on OGs potential. I also love Capelas game and believe he'd be a great fit next to Siakim.

That's something we can build on for years.

The dynamic of adding Chris Paul is that we got some serious play making and shooting. Another shot creator and a borderline/former All Star.

PJ tucker would play well defending the 3 spot in an conference with no dominate 3 anymore.

Between the motion offense potential, a back court of Lowry and Chris Paul, a front court of Capela and Siakim, with FVV and Powell off the bench. Damn. What's not to like?

This is definitely a Eastern conference finalist contender.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,189

Post#1736 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:58 am

TheAlchemist wrote:Was messing around with the trade checker, and was thinking about Chris Paul after Sports Illustrated named him #20.

Houston
Marc Gasol
Miller ( Salary relief)

Okc:
OG
Ibaka

Raptors:
Chris Paul
Clint Capella
PJ tucker

I'm not that Big on OGs potential. I also love Capelas game and believe he'd be a great fit next to Siakim.

The dynamic of adding Chris Paul is that we got some serious play making and shooting. Another shot creator and a borderline/former All Star.

PJ tucker would play well defending the 3 spot in an conference with no dominate 3 anymore.

Between the motion offense potential, a back court of Lowry and Chris Paul, a front court of Capela and Siakim, with FVV and Powell off the bench. Damn. What's not to like?

That's a big no from me, Chris Paul is past his prime and a bad deal. Capela is nice but IMHO he doesn't gell with Pascal IMHO neither can stretch the floor at a consistent level and PJ Tucker again is a year older and not the same bull dog defender he was.

This is throwing away OG Anunoby and bringing in Paul to run a two PG lineup which would get murdered
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
TheAlchemist
General Manager

Post#1737 » by TheAlchemist » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:49 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:Was messing around with the trade checker, and was thinking about Chris Paul after Sports Illustrated named him #20.

Houston
Marc Gasol
Miller ( Salary relief)

Okc:
OG
Ibaka

Raptors:
Chris Paul
Clint Capella
PJ tucker

That's a big no from me, Chris Paul is past his prime and a bad deal. Capela is nice but IMHO he doesn't gell with Pascal IMHO neither can stretch the floor at a consistent level and PJ Tucker again is a year older and not the same bull dog defender he was.

This is throwing away OG Anunoby and bringing in Paul to run a two PG lineup which would get murdered

Yeah the more I thought of it, the more it looks like crap.

We do need another star though, wonder how Masai will go about getting one.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,584

Post#1738 » by Syd-TK3 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:34 am

Lowry is better than chris paul
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Post#1739 » by navyblue » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:42 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:
Yeah the more I thought of it, the more it looks like crap.

We do need another star though, wonder how Masai will go about getting one.

his blue print since denver days has been to collect assets, roll over expiring contracts, marginal trades to improve assets base.
then splash big. he did that in denver with the iggy trade and same here with kawhi trade.

it took him 3-4 years to get into a position to have the base to do the kawhi trade and still have enough around him.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#1740 » by jimmy keys » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:08 pm

Houston
Marc Gasol
Miller ( Salary relief)

Okc:
OG
Ibaka

Raptors:
Chris Paul
Clint Capella
PJ tucker

I'd need SGA included to take on Chris Paul and that horrible contract.

Return to Toronto Raptors