ImageImageImageImageImage

who should our starting PG be?

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

lalalaker
Sophomore
And1: 19

who should our starting PG be? 

Post#1 » by lalalaker » Sat Sep 7, 2019 9:08 am

Lets be realistic hear nothing is simple when it comes to deciding who to start and this season we have 3 type of pg all different skill set but in nba especially lakers vets somehow gets favorable rotation simply bc they are vets but i wish for this season and beyond that lakers take into consideration more of fits than experience.

rondo can playmake, caruso can defend and cook can shoot so if we where to think about who fits the offense best its clearly shooter cook or caruso. rondo does not fit with starting unit and frankly i have little hate for rondo even getting playtime. I do like caruso to start bc he has some swag about him and size to handle 1 and 2. cook isnt bad as well since lbj would find him open but rondo would clash with the starters and his size is hard to overcome against all star pgs of opposing teams.

2nd unit should be run by rondo then while lbj rests but vets are smart in aspect of games so he too deserve some respect.

BUT BUT BUT we are finally free from disastrous coach in luke who was clueless about how to run the team so i am hopeful frank vogel is more of a normal coach
NatiboyB
Rookie
And1: 389

Re: who should our starting PG be? 

Post#2 » by NatiboyB » Sat Sep 7, 2019 1:13 pm

I thought you guys were starting Lebron? and keeping Kuzma in the starting lineup?
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#3 » by ROballer » Sat Sep 7, 2019 3:43 pm

It doesn't matter who starts or not. It's the minutes each one gets and who finishes the game.

I'm fairly certain the finishing lineup will be Lebron/Green/Iguodala/Kuzma/Davis. And may the basketball Gods have mercy on the opponent souls', cause that's a **** load for anyone. They're gonna be a problem.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#4 » by Landsberger » Sat Sep 7, 2019 4:48 pm

Bron and Davis will have the ball over 60% of the time is my guess.... if not more. Why do we need a traditional PG? Getting a "good" PG means another guy that needs the ball. What we need are combo guards around those 2 who can initiate when needed but also can get to the hoop and score along with hitting 3's to space the floor.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#5 » by stan francisco » Sat Sep 7, 2019 7:25 pm

LeBron
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#6 » by Danny Darko » Sun Sep 8, 2019 3:45 pm

Looks like it could end up being Wade later in the season.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#7 » by Danny Darko » Sun Sep 8, 2019 3:51 pm

Read on Twitter
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#8 » by One Love » Sun Sep 8, 2019 4:43 pm

I think the starter will be Avery... Rondo will play with the 2nd unit, Cook is young & Caruso seems set on coming off the bench... Avery got the biggest contract & played over 65% of his minutes at PG in his career (moved to SG when Irving came to Boston)...

Avery plays defense, shoots the 3 well and is a veteran... He is a little short (6’2”) but with Green at 6’5” & LBJ at 6’8”, we match up well on the perimeter, plus McGee & AD will protect the rim...

In terms of ending games, LBJ runs the show with AD in the middle, Kuzz at the 4, Green at the 2 & the hottest hand (Avery, Caruso, Cook, etc...) on the floor...

Lakeshow Baby...
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Post#9 » by tamaraw08 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 6:35 pm

Landsberger wrote:Bron and Davis will have the ball over 60% of the time is my guess.... if not more. Why do we need a traditional PG? Getting a "good" PG means another guy that needs the ball. What we need are combo guards around those 2 who can initiate when needed but also can get to the hoop and score along with hitting 3's to space the floor.

I just hope that AD would not drastically change his playing style just to preserve his body. In the Lakers press conference, along with Vogel, he was clear how much he doesn't want to play center so he can avoid banging bodies against huge centers and help him play a long career. While he has nice handles and great mobility for a 6-10 player, he has really not shown he can play great by lurking in the perimeter. His main strength for me is when he dives hard from the weak-side and get those alley oops allowing him to have a great % of career 72.5% from 0-3 feet.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/davisan02.html
His % drops to 43.3% from 3-16 feet and just 31.4 from the 3pt area for his career.
And recently there was a video about him practicing his side step 3 pt shot. https://www.12up.com/posts/video-anthony-davis-hitting-side-step-3-pointers-will-make-lakers-fans-drool-01dgkga8mmr6
If he dramatically improves his accuracy, then fine, if not and not be judicious about taking a lot of low% shots, gulp, God forbid, he could be the next Jonathan Bender, the 6-11 player shot 47% of his shots from beyond 16 feet. He had less than 46% EFG% for a career 5.5 pts/game.https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bendejo01.html
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,507

Post#10 » by zimpy27 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:06 pm

Been watching Mills in the Olympics and think he could be a good target. Spurs in general have some good targets down low.

Spurs have Murray, White, Mills at the PG spot. Then they have Bryn Forbes, Lonnie Walker and Bellinelli at the SG.

Would be tough to deal with them but Pop seemed to like Kuzma.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#11 » by ROballer » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:12 pm

Murray and White will probably both start. They're not dealing with us.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#12 » by Kilroy » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:55 pm

LeBron, in a broke-dick Magic kind of way... But with a solid Defensive small guard to cover for him on D... Our starting PG should be LeBron-Avery Bradley... Can't do one without the other IMO.
But I think that's a really good combo
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#13 » by Slava » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:36 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Been watching Mills in the Olympics and think he could be a good target. Spurs in general have some good targets down low.

Spurs have Murray, White, Mills at the PG spot. Then they have Bryn Forbes, Lonnie Walker and Bellinelli at the SG.

I'd take Mills in a hot second but you have to wonder how much of his success in the NBA is down to popovich making things simple enough for him on offense.

Some of their out of time out plays with Mills are absurdly simple give and gos.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#14 » by Kilroy » Mon Sep 9, 2019 7:14 pm

Danny Darko wrote:Looks like it could end up being Wade later in the season.

Wade would be great for the playoffs and already knows how to run a team with LeBron. He was still balling too...

Only thing about this team is we're relying on a lot of 'good on paper' players to take us over the hump into true contender status. A lot needs to go right for it all to work.
I'm getting antzy waiting for some of those check boxes to get marked.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#15 » by Slava » Mon Sep 9, 2019 7:47 pm

If I had to predict, it'll probably be Darren Collison around all star break.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,132

Post#16 » by lambchop » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:26 am

Slava wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Been watching Mills in the Olympics and think he could be a good target. Spurs in general have some good targets down low.

I'd take Mills in a hot second but you have to wonder how much of his success in the NBA is down to popovich making things simple enough for him on offense.

Some of their out of time out plays with Mills are absurdly simple give and gos.

I love Mills, but trading away wing players isn't the best thing to do in today's NBA.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#17 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:47 am

Press memphis to give up Iggy. Bron would defer. And start iggy
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,094

Post#18 » by SlimShady83 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:14 am

WHITE MAMBA

Caruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuso!

ENough said - case closed.
I'M OFFICALLY ON HOLIDAYS! I JUST LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT OVER SOMEONES OWN SIGNATURE LMAO!.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL I'LL BE BACK! AND BACK WITH MORE BUTT HURT SIGNATURS LMAO
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,094

Post#19 » by SlimShady83 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:16 am

I like Mills cause I'm AUssie too, but damn boy, you wanna trade Kuz - you nuts.

I doubt pop would trade with us

What is mills contact?
I'M OFFICALLY ON HOLIDAYS! I JUST LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT OVER SOMEONES OWN SIGNATURE LMAO!.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL I'LL BE BACK! AND BACK WITH MORE BUTT HURT SIGNATURS LMAO
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#20 » by stan francisco » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:55 pm

How much is Kuz making this season? Is he arguably our third best player? I say he will be.

If we’re trading him while on his rookie deal it’d better be for a third star caliber promising young player of Kuzma’s level or better. Tatum? Good luck.

Patty Mills? Hell no.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4

Return to Los Angeles Lakers