ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi's sister charged in deadly robbery

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Sanyo
Starter
And1: 1,628

Re: Kawhi's sister charged in deadly robbery 

Post#61 » by Sanyo » Sun Sep 8, 2019 4:28 am

Whats new in america...
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#62 » by B-Ball Freak » Sun Sep 8, 2019 4:37 am

itsme23 wrote:Nope he left us while fully acting like we had a legit shot to sign him.

Move on bro, that **** aint healthy
raptors2019
Analyst
And1: 5,871

Post#63 » by raptors2019 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 4:45 am

End a life for a purse. Sad.
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#64 » by GordanFreeman » Sun Sep 8, 2019 5:10 am

Cryan Bolangelo wrote:What a stupid nikker

Racist idiot
RealGM
And1: 66,425

Post#65 » by 720 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 6:02 am

This is not the sister that runs his fan page.
Jenga_tDot
Analyst
And1: 4,737

Post#66 » by Jenga_tDot » Sun Sep 8, 2019 6:18 am

what the ****?
yogimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,927

Post#67 » by yogimvp » Sun Sep 8, 2019 7:50 am

its too bad she couldnt turn her life around.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,889

Post#68 » by fbalmeida » Sun Sep 8, 2019 9:45 am

An unspeakably disgraceful and needless crime. This insight into Kawhi's family background, in which crime is unfortunately common among NBA athletes, somehow makes his assertion into basketball lore even more remarkable.

I recall a reporter quoting Kawhi stating how he wanted to be closer to his nieces, while they were growing up. The appeal to be closer to his family makes even more sense at this point. If the range of achievement in your family's generation goes from 2x NBA Finals MVP and murder, he'd obviously feel a crushing sense of moral obligation to return home and provide guidance.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Post#69 » by jonny three time » Sun Sep 8, 2019 10:25 am

Cryan Bolangelo wrote:What a stupid nikker

Come on dude, it could have just as easily been Reddick or Haywards sister doing this
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#70 » by RaptorsNorth » Sun Sep 8, 2019 10:32 am

Bankai wrote:
right between the eyes wrote:Kawhi has unlimited money why do this for freaking purse wtf???

Some people feel the need to steal for some reason, I have a coworker who makes $30 an hour, but every so often he blatantly steals his $6 lunch from the Loblaws we visit by walking out without paying.
or maybe she's his half sister and they don't even really close like that. I have a half sister on my dad's side and I haven't spoken to her in like 15 years. Just because your pops or mom may have had a fling with someone and had a kid it doesn't mean you and their kid is close, or even have a relationship. The fact she's not in Kawhi's family circle to be eating off his loot, and the loot the clippers was throwing around to his family, tells me she's most likely a half sister that's probably not even close with him. for the media It's a bigger story to report it as "kawhi sister" but for all we know when kawhi heard this he could have been like meh. I mean if my half sister was locked up it would be a " meh" from me. Shes not really part of my immediate family. Shes my dads kid with another woman, and I haven't seen, or talk to this girl in like 15 years. I'm not attach to her is anyway to have emotions towards her. I have cousins I'm closer with than her.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,332

Post#71 » by OakleyDokely » Sun Sep 8, 2019 11:42 am

Unfortunately, you can't pick your family.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#72 » by RaptorsNorth » Sun Sep 8, 2019 12:03 pm

fbalmeida wrote:An unspeakably disgraceful and needless crime. This insight into Kawhi's family background, in which crime is unfortunately common among NBA athletes, somehow makes his assertion into basketball lore even more remarkable.

I recall a reporter quoting Kawhi stating how he wanted to be closer to his nieces, while they were growing up. The appeal to be closer to his family makes even more sense at this point. If the range of achievement in your family's generation goes from 2x NBA Finals MVP and murder, he'd obviously feel a crushing sense of moral obligation to return home and provide guidance.
No sh.. :lol: a number of NBA players come from poor inner city's thats infested with Crime. When you hear their friend or family members are involve in a crime it's because they're still there! These are not always guys that grew up in Suburban America or Suburban Canada with their parents that had deep pockets to send them expensive Hockey programs, build skating rinks in their backyards in Richmond Hill, Peterborough, Mississauga, Markham, Sudbury, or Victoria BC.

These are guys from the in vet cities of LA, Chicago, NY, Detroit, ect..they're not learning the game on ice rink in the burbs sharing Tim Hortons where the only thing flying is puck. They're devolving their games on the same courts where shots is flying daily. Basketball and football are ways for them to get out of these alive. Look at guys like DeMar that came from Compton and had countless friends that died there. He could have easily been one of those guys if he wasn't good at Basketball. You see the same thing with baseball players from the Caribbean, South and Central America. These guys usually come from the slums of those countries that's ran by drug cartels and baseball is their way to actually survive and get out of these places. Roberto Osuna had to drive by Cartel road blocks to get his Games. I'm sure Larry Walker and Joey Vatto's baseball story was much different! Just because they're out that doesn't mean every family member is out living in Mansions. There is no telling how big their family is, or if they know all of their family members.

See it's so easy for some people that don't live in these situations, and have no real understanding of it to sit in their class rooms taking in a education that's paid for by their parents, legs up in a big condo downtown because of the opportunities that was accessible to them because they only had to worry about being a happy child going to school while daddy and mommy provided the best life them as a kid. They didn't have to worry about sharing the same buildings with crackheads shooting up needles, drug dealers, or the guys you know are dropping bodies 2 doors from them. I'm sure you think these things don't have any affects on a child right ? How would you know you were never there! Go read about the story of Terence Davis Jr.

I count my blesses but never look down on those that never had the same blesses as a child. All I had to do was go to school and get an education while my parents bought my clothes, books, ect.. Sure I had to work some BS jobs in high school and college, but I actually had the opportunity to work those jobs and complain while my checks come in. There's people in this country that come from places where they couldn't even get job if they wanted to, and that means no money for any real higher education. The love of judging others without any knowledge of their life story is what's wrong with society. The mentality of "I'm better than you" because my mommy and Daddy was able to give me a good start to succeed in life as child.

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Post#73 » by Klayforspicy » Sun Sep 8, 2019 12:25 pm

Bankai wrote:
right between the eyes wrote:Kawhi has unlimited money why do this for freaking purse wtf???

Some people feel the need to steal for some reason, I have a coworker who makes $30 an hour, but every so often he blatantly steals his $6 lunch from the Loblaws we visit by walking out without paying.
I did that on Friday at lunch at Loblaws,
I gave them a 20 and they told us we gotta go to the other end of the store to pay...its like they want you to walk out.

But anyways, yea man this chick is obviously demented and Kawhi would serve best not to help her with legal fees. Family or not.
Loyal_Canuck
Sophomore
And1: 234

Post#74 » by Loyal_Canuck » Sun Sep 8, 2019 12:38 pm

Well Kawhi has the killer instinct and now we know it runs in the family
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,414

Post#75 » by PD28 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 12:39 pm

A story about murder and that's the take you went with.
Loyal_Canuck wrote:Well Kawhi has the killer instinct and now we know it runs in the family

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using RealGM mobile app
RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#76 » by RaptorsNorth » Sun Sep 8, 2019 1:11 pm

Crosby grew up in the suburbs of Halifax with a room in his house dedicated to him learning hockey. He has skating rink him his backyard.

Derrick Rose grew up in Englewood Chicago (one of worse parts of Chicago) learning to shoot while not getting shot as kid. The guy has to risk his life to make it out of there and because somebody. Never compare most NHL players struggle to make it big to most NBA players. it's just peaches and oranges man. It's easy to pass judgement though. Most North American NHL players don't come any real financial struggle in life. Most grew up in upper class, or middle class homes were their parents paid their way in the sport. Guys like Don Cherry will pretend as if that's not the case though.

Loyal_Canuck
Sophomore

Post#77 » by Loyal_Canuck » Sun Sep 8, 2019 1:17 pm

Going back to Southern California and the drama. Fun times ahead for his reputation and family
right between the eyes
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,503

Post#78 » by right between the eyes » Sun Sep 8, 2019 1:47 pm

Loyal_Canuck wrote:Well Kawhi has the killer instinct and now we know it runs in the family

Completely inappropriate and stupid comment..wtf is wrong with forum! So many idiots! An elderly woman died here loser!
Loyal_Canuck
Sophomore

Post#79 » by Loyal_Canuck » Sun Sep 8, 2019 2:50 pm

right between the eyes wrote:

Completely inappropriate and stupid comment..wtf is wrong with forum! So many idiots! An elderly woman died here loser!

I feel bad for the 84 year women’s family. I was just ridiculing the superlatives we tag onto athletes which are absurd in my opinion
sprewellchokes
Junior
And1: 343

Post#80 » by sprewellchokes » Sun Sep 8, 2019 2:59 pm

Loyal_Canuck wrote:Going back to Southern California and the drama. Fun times ahead for his reputation and family

His whole departure seemed so strange. He left so much positive energy, he rehabilitated is rep and had his best year with us. From his nickname and our logo. To his playing style and raptors teammates, everything was a very natural fit. But he was determined to reject any positive energy or love from the city/organization to play in front of family. So instead of defending his title, he was trying to get any other star player to play with him on the clippers. He finally got the clippers to gut their future to play with Paul George. So he hopes that Paul George's shoulders and leg hold up to be a side kick on a championship team. Something that a younger and healthier Siakam has already proven to be. All the clippers are trying to do is to emulate the raptors success and at the same time kawhi is talented enough to get it done. But I think he'll realize that doc rivers (Who hasn't made it passed the second round in about 10 years) isn't Nick nurse. Patrick Beverley isn't Kyle Lowry, Zubac isn't marc gasol either and clippers fans aren't raptors fans. Jerry west is an all time great executive but in 2019 Masai >West . I wont get into the clippers medical staff. But look at Blake Griffin and Chris Paul's health up to today. I have nothing but love and respect for him because he played his ass off for us and got us a ring. But that clippers organization seems to have terrible karma.And after stalking and tampering throughout the season as well as hiring media to write pro clippers and "Kawhi's leaving" stories throughout our championship run.And now with this murder trial is the first domino to fall. This isn't kawhi or the clippers fault but it's PR hell and a distraction throughout the season. Especially inTmz land aka LA, ironically he could have stayed away from this drama staying in Toronto. But here we are today Kawhi is now out to prove he can bring any franchise to a championship and the raptors are out to prove that they're a championship team with or without Kawhi. So we'll see what happens.

Return to Toronto Raptors