Moderator: Texas Chuck

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Re: Garrett... 

Post#61 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:06 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm still waiting. Nice performance once again by Garrett and Linehan. Not prepared and ready which is something that happens at least 5 times a year. He is killing this team and it always seems to happen when the lights shine the brightest and the pressure of the playoffs rolls around.

I still think Linehan is gone regardless of how far they go in the playoffs.

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#62 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:39 am

Looks like that final hurdle will never come to pass.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#63 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:27 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm still waiting. Nice performance once again by Garrett and Linehan. Not prepared and ready which is something that happens at least 5 times a year. He is killing this team and it always seems to happen when the lights shine the brightest and the pressure of the playoffs rolls around.

I still think Linehan is gone regardless of how far they go in the playoffs.

Read on Twitter

Yea I heard that this morning too. This afternoon though Stephen said they will evaluate the entire staff before making that decision. I still think both Linehan and Marinelli are gone. Richard will obviously take over as the DC however I have no idea who they would hire as the OC.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#64 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 8, 2019 12:55 pm

Jason Garrett is now the weakest link on our team. I hear little birdies screaming for Lincoln Riley !!
Mr B
RealGM

Post#65 » by Mr B » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:11 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jason Garrett is now the weakest link on our team. I hear little birdies screaming for Lincoln Riley !!

I think it will come down to Riley or Kris Richard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#66 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:47 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jason Garrett is now the weakest link on our team. I hear little birdies screaming for Lincoln Riley !!

I know I sound like a broken record going on 3 years now. But how much more evidence do we need to get rid of this bafoon? :banghead:

#1TKfan
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#67 » by #1TKfan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:29 pm

Think the 3-0 start gave JG a little cushion, but getting beat by the Jets is inexcusable. Way too much talent on this team to play that poorly. Hard to imagine JG getting fired mid season but that's what it should come to if the Ls continue.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#68 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:47 pm

All this talent on both sides of the ball, yet we still have no QB or Coach.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#69 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:All this talent on both sides of the ball, yet we still have no QB or Coach.

Dak has actually played well this year in spite of the losses. I don’t believe he’s the problem. I still wouldn’t pay him $35 mil a year but even though their record is not great he has played fairly well. A couple of missed throws yes, but no more than any other QB in the league this year.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#70 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:48 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:All this talent on both sides of the ball, yet we still have no QB or Coach.

Dak has actually played well this year in spite of the losses. I don’t believe he’s the problem. I still wouldn’t pay him $35 mil a year but even though their record is not great he has played fairly well. A couple of missed throws yes, but no more than any other QB in the league this year.

He just doesn't seem to have that it factor like Staubach and Aikman. Hate to say it because the kid does everything right. Pisses me off when he throws off his back foot. I'm starting to think Cooper and Elliot make him look good instead of the other way around.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#71 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Nov 3, 2019 5:20 pm

#FireGarrett
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#72 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Nov 4, 2019 10:43 pm

Mr B wrote:

Settling for Richard would be a mistake imho. Just doesn't scream head coaching material to me. At least not as an upgrade over Garrett.

As a Carroll disciple he runs the same defensive principles. But the problem is that the league has figured it out for the most part. See Dan Quinn in Atlanta. Without a stacked roster, it doesn't work. The Hawks defense has gotten progressively worse each year as talent has gone away. The same thing would virtually occur in Dallas if Richard ran that defense.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#73 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 4, 2019 10:54 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:#FireGarrett

Sure nice to see a post from you. boy, do some of us miss you around here. :clap: :cuddle :kiss
Mr B
RealGM

Post#74 » by Mr B » Tue Nov 5, 2019 12:06 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Settling for Richard would be a mistake imho. Just doesn't scream head coaching material to me. At least not as an upgrade over Garrett.

As a Carroll disciple he runs the same defensive principles. But the problem is that the league has figured it out for the most part. See Dan Quinn in Atlanta. Without a stacked roster, it doesn't work. The Hawks defense has gotten progressively worse each year as talent has gone away. The same thing would virtually occur in Dallas if Richard ran that defense.

See, I could easily see Jerrah going with Richard and even bringing in Dan Quinn as the DC. Especially if Kellen Moore shows improvement throughout the season and keep the offense innovative. Dan Quinn doesn’t have much defensive talent to work with in Atlanta and maybe he’s just one of those guys that’s a DC only (see Wade Phillips). I think the key to all of this is Kellen Moore though. Lincoln Riley will want to bring his own offensive guys including the OC. I don’t see Moore taking a demotion to stay (unless he absolutely sucks but then why would want to keep him).

I’m not trying to say that will definitely happen but just be aware that it will be a possibility for Jerry and Stephen.

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 5, 2019 12:07 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Sure nice to see a post from you. boy, do some of us miss you around here. :clap: :cuddle :kiss

Did a drive-by to see if I still got pop ups and ad bombardment. Good to see you’re still kicking this can down the road BJJ...
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#76 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 5, 2019 12:38 am

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

See, I could easily see Jerrah going with Richard and even bringing in Dan Quinn as the DC. Especially if Kellen Moore shows improvement throughout the season and keep the offense innovative. Dan Quinn doesn’t have much defensive talent to work with in Atlanta and maybe he’s just one of those guys that’s a DC only (see Wade Phillips). I think the key to all of this is Kellen Moore though. Lincoln Riley will want to bring his own offensive guys including the OC. I don’t see Moore taking a demotion to stay (unless he absolutely sucks but then why would want to keep him).

I’m not trying to say that will definitely happen but just be aware that it will be a possibility for Jerry and Stephen.

Quinn is calling the plays in Atlanta. They're beyond awful. He won as a DC with one of the greatest collections of talent (Legion of Boom) in Seattle. Then was carried by Matt Ryan the year he won MVP & lost the Super Bowl. The Falcons have been pretty mediocre to bad since. So you see, giving Richard a promotion & hiring Quinn to run the defense would be dumb. Just hire Riley & call it a day.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#77 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 5, 2019 12:39 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Did a drive-by to see if I still got pop ups and ad bombardment. Good to see you’re still kicking this can down the road BJJ...

Hey bud!
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#78 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 5, 2019 1:10 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Sure nice to see a post from you. boy, do some of us miss you around here. :clap: :cuddle :kiss

Hey bud!

Good to see you too Jack! Your warnings about Richard have been in the back of my mind the last few weeks. Especially weeks 4-6.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#79 » by Mr B » Tue Nov 5, 2019 1:10 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Settling for Richard would be a mistake imho. Just doesn't scream head coaching material to me. At least not as an upgrade over Garrett.

Quinn is calling the plays in Atlanta. They're beyond awful. He won as a DC with one of the greatest collections of talent (Legion of Boom) in Seattle. Then was carried by Matt Ryan the year he won MVP & lost the Super Bowl. The Falcons have been pretty mediocre to bad since. So you see, giving Richard a promotion & hiring Quinn to run the defense would be dumb. Just hire Riley & call it a day.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d MUCH prefer Lincoln Riley. I just don’t know that Jerry would be willing to let go of his “wonder boy/offensive innovator” in Kellen Moore.

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:31 pm

Well... if there were any questions remaining about whether Jerry would be cutting a new deal for Red Ball after this season, I’m pretty certain they were answered by Jerry after the game yesterday.

Bye Jason.

Return to Dallas Cowboys