The Official Jazz Off-Topic Thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: The Official Jazz Off-Topic Thread 

Post#541 » by stitches » Wed Jul 3, 2019 4:37 am

KqWIN wrote:
Sure, if he finds himself in a position to post up Yogi Ferrell!

Obviously these videos just exist to look cool, and they do. I just hope he's working on his pullup 3 and learning how to create contact on his finishes around the rim. It looked cool for Jayson Tatum too until he started using this iso mid range stuff in real games instead of going to the rim.

Here's him and Conley working on stuff... some part of it was taking a seeking a bump and finishing in the lane or staying strong and balanced with a defender right next to you...
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#542 » by KqWIN » Wed Jul 3, 2019 4:41 am

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
Sure, if he finds himself in a position to post up Yogi Ferrell!

Obviously these videos just exist to look cool, and they do. I just hope he's working on his pullup 3 and learning how to create contact on his finishes around the rim. It looked cool for Jayson Tatum too until he started using this iso mid range stuff in real games instead of going to the rim.

Here's him and Conley working on stuff... some part of it was taking a seeking a bump and finishing in the lane or staying strong and balanced with a defender right next to you...

Loved this video...It's cool to see how detailed the coach was with the footwork in different situations. It would be huge if Mitchell can BS his way to more FT's.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,957

Post#543 » by goober » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:05 pm

I’m looking to buy a car for college/work. What are good car options?
stitches
RealGM

Post#544 » by stitches » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:26 pm

Goober wrote:I’m looking to buy a car for college/work. What are good car options?

I think GobertReport was working at a car dealership. I bet he can give you a good deal...

GobertReport wrote:...

GobertReport, you are needed...
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#545 » by AingesBurner » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:29 am

Goober wrote:I’m looking to buy a car for college/work. What are good car options?

What are somethings you’re looking for in a vehicle and what do you want to do with it? Also what’s your budget?
Ingles is cooked.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,957

Post#546 » by goober » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:35 am

GobertReport wrote:

What are somethings you’re looking for in a vehicle and what do you want to do with it? Also what’s your budget?

I’m looking for $10,000 and under with 80,000 and under.

A good car that can drive from SLC to Arizona, California, Nevada, etc. I don’t like white cars. Im pretty open to anything else
Soul Patch
RealGM
And1: 920

Post#547 » by Soul Patch » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:11 pm

Welcome home Goober!
Jugs wrote:Fark orf slet kent dome wuote ujquote exp
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,424

Post#548 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:16 pm

Had a chance to play a little-known game called Golden Treasure: The Great Green, and I have to say it was more than just a pleasant surprise--it was freakin' amazing.

The looks might fool you, as it is a essentially an RPG with mostly 2D hand-drawn pictures, but the pictures are beautiful, and there are actually a lot of mechanics involved. The music is also very good, it has a lot of choices and consequences, and a good amount of replayability. The best thing about this game is the writing--it is absolutely phenomenal, and stands out right from the start. I wouldn't say it's a game for everyone but if anyone likes a good, well-written story and doesn't mind reading, this game is highly recommended. It's also not that expensive at $20, so there's that. There's a DLC planned to release soon and I can't wait. Yes, it looks simple, but it has a lot of depth. Best game of the year for me.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
stitches
RealGM

Post#549 » by stitches » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:00 am

Andrew Luck retired... Holeeeeeeeeeey ****! This is horrible. WOW! The most shocked I've been by sports news in my life I think...
TO11
Senior
And1: 297

Post#550 » by TO11 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:17 pm

stitches wrote:Andrew Luck retired... Holeeeeeeeeeey ****! This is horrible. WOW! The most shocked I've been by sports news in my life I think...

Can you imagine if Rudy Gobert of Donovan Mitchell just decided to randomly retire. that would be bonkers
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#551 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:38 pm

TO11 wrote:
stitches wrote:Andrew Luck retired... Holeeeeeeeeeey ****! This is horrible. WOW! The most shocked I've been by sports news in my life I think...

Can you imagine if Rudy Gobert of Donovan Mitchell just decided to randomly retire. that would be bonkers

Some Jazz fans will be like, "we didn't lose them for nothing, we got cap space!"

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
stitches
RealGM

Post#552 » by stitches » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:12 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
TO11 wrote:

Some Jazz fans will be like, "we didn't lose them for nothing, we got cap space!"

With all due respect to Mitchell and Gobert they are not at the level of talent Luck had. Luck was a generational type of talent. He was the equivalent of LeBron if LeBron's career was derailed by injuries and he retired before his move to Miami.

But yeah... no doubt some would say that.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#553 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sat Sep 7, 2019 5:22 am

stitches wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
TO11 wrote:Can you imagine if Rudy Gobert of Donovan Mitchell just decided to randomly retire. that would be bonkers

With all due respect to Mitchell and Gobert they are not at the level of talent Luck had. Luck was a generational type of talent. He was the equivalent of LeBron if LeBron's career was derailed by injuries and he retired before his move to Miami.

But yeah... no doubt some would say that.[/quote

LBJ has six rings been to finals like 8 times. How many rings did Luck get? Now if you said Tom Brady I'd buy off. Luck? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#554 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Sep 7, 2019 12:37 pm

ForeverRDjazz wrote:LBJ has six rings been to finals like 8 times. How many rings did Luck get? Now if you said Tom Brady I'd buy off. Luck? :lol: :lol: :lol:

LBJ has 3 rings and 9 finals appearances.

stitches
RealGM

Post#555 » by stitches » Sat Sep 7, 2019 1:12 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:LBJ has six rings been to finals like 8 times. How many rings did Luck get? Now if you said Tom Brady I'd buy off. Luck? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And none of his rings were before he left Cleveland. His first ring was in his 9th season... Luck never got to his 9th season. That was my point - Luck was generational talent coming out of college and was playing a lot like it whenever he was healthy. The problem is Colts GM and coaching staff(the previous ones) did everything they could to ruin his career and they succeeded.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#556 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sun Sep 8, 2019 1:50 pm

stitches wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

And none of his rings were before he left Cleveland. His first ring was in his 9th season... Luck never got to his 9th season. That was my point - Luck was generational talent coming out of college and was playing a lot like it whenever he was healthy. The problem is Colts GM and coaching staff(the previous ones) did everything they could to ruin his career and they succeeded.

Didn't LBJ take them to the final couple times before going to Miami? Not sure Luck made to to the playoffs more than once while with Colts? Still a shack seeing Luck leave the game so young and walk from so much money. But the kid is rich and still healthy and young. More power to him.
stitches
RealGM

Post#557 » by stitches » Sun Sep 8, 2019 3:03 pm

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
stitches wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:LBJ has 3 rings and 9 finals appearances.

Didn't LBJ take them to the final couple times before going to Miami? Not sure Luck made to to the playoffs more than once while with Colts? Still a shack seeing Luck leave the game so young and walk from so much money. But the kid is rich and still healthy and young. More power to him.

He made the playoffs in his first 3 seasons(11-5 seasons) with a team that finished 2-14 the year before they got him in the draft and was advancing further and further into the playoffs every season. He got injured in the 4th season and the Colts finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs, then he played injured for the next year and missed half the season and Colts finished 8-8. Then he got surgery on the torn labrum he played with the previous 2 seasons and missed the next season, the Colts finished 4-12 that season. He was the most sacked and most hit QB in the entire league over that period. He had horrible offensive line and defense every single year over that period... He suffered
-at least 1 documented concussion,
-lacerated kidney,
-torn cartilages in 2 ribs,
-partially torn abdomen,
-torn labrum in his throwing shoulder

Then returned with his repaired shoulder last year(with new coach and new GM) and took the Colts to the playoffs again and 10-6 record and won a playoff game on the road vs the Texans. Then lost to the Chiefs... then he got some mysterious injury in camp in his lower leg and it wasn't getting any better and he decided to retire.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#558 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:09 am

stitches wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:
stitches wrote:And none of his rings were before he left Cleveland. His first ring was in his 9th season... Luck never got to his 9th season. That was my point - Luck was generational talent coming out of college and was playing a lot like it whenever he was healthy. The problem is Colts GM and coaching staff(the previous ones) did everything they could to ruin his career and they succeeded.

He made the playoffs in his first 3 seasons(11-5 seasons) with a team that finished 2-14 the year before they got him in the draft and was advancing further and further into the playoffs every season. He got injured in the 4th season and the Colts finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs, then he played injured for the next year and missed half the season and Colts finished 8-8. Then he got surgery on the torn labrum he played with the previous 2 seasons and missed the next season, the Colts finished 4-12 that season. He was the most sacked and most hit QB in the entire league over that period. He had horrible offensive line and defense every single year over that period... He suffered
-lacerated kidney,
-partially torn abdomen,

Then returned with his repaired shoulder last year(with new coach and new GM) and took the Colts to the playoffs again and 10-6 record and won a playoff game on the road vs the Texans. Then lost to the Chiefs... then he got some mysterious injury in camp in his lower leg and it wasn't getting any better and he decided to retire.

Different sports. Basketball is about as close to golf when it comes to injuries. You just never know in football when you could be done. How much money do you really need to retire? Luck made more than many will ever see in a life time and the man can still walk so I say more power to him going forward in life. He's earned it.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#559 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:10 am

stitches wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:
stitches wrote:And none of his rings were before he left Cleveland. His first ring was in his 9th season... Luck never got to his 9th season. That was my point - Luck was generational talent coming out of college and was playing a lot like it whenever he was healthy. The problem is Colts GM and coaching staff(the previous ones) did everything they could to ruin his career and they succeeded.

-lacerated kidney,
-partially torn abdomen,

Different sports. Basketball is about as close to golf when it comes to injuries. You just never know in football when you could be done. How much money do you really need to retire? Luck made more than many will ever see in a life time and the man can still walk so I say more power to him going forward in life. He's earned it.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#560 » by KqWIN » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:33 am

Utah Football couldn't even make it to the PRESEASON before choking!! I'm not going to make it this year. There's a different kind of disappointment with Utah Football. Not because I like them more than the Jazz, but because they are incredibly overrated and throw away the season in the same way each year.

Football is not a game I love...when I can so easily see the failures, there's something really **** up with the coaching.

Return to Utah Jazz