ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: UFC 242 Khabib vs. Poirier

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,799

OT: UFC 242 Khabib vs. Poirier 

Post#1 » by Steelo Green » Mon Sep 9, 2019 3:34 pm

Khabib won! Man is unstoppable.

Alhamdhullilah.

He jumped out of the cage... and hugged Dana and his dad :cry:
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,688

Re: OT: UFC 242 Khabib vs. Poirier 

Post#2 » by Clay Davis » Mon Sep 9, 2019 3:39 pm

Poirier put up a great fight, that guillotine was fierce! Here's a decent breakdown of the bout with Poirier... and the bout with Dana after
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
Moon Walk
Bench Warmer
And1: 162

Post#3 » by Moon Walk » Mon Sep 9, 2019 3:45 pm

So happy to see Khabib winning. He is the greatest so far.
Who cares about that BS guy some unknown mma guy who keeps loosing with his big mouth.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,759

Post#4 » by ItsDanger » Mon Sep 9, 2019 3:47 pm

Tony Ferguson is the type of guy to beat him.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#5 » by Danny1616 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 3:51 pm

The Ferguson-Khabib fight needs to happen.
Steelo Green
RealGM

Post#6 » by Steelo Green » Mon Sep 9, 2019 3:56 pm

Connor punched an old man and couldn’t knock him out.

Few weeks later, Khabib thoroughly owns Poirier and is donating money to help Poirier build homes in Africa. :wink:
Steelo Green
RealGM

Post#7 » by Steelo Green » Mon Sep 9, 2019 3:58 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Tony Ferguson is the type of guy to beat him.

He can’t IMO.

Ferguson struggled against Lee and had it not been for the infection may have lost. Ferguson has bad TDD and he’s banking on elite jiu jitsu to win because he has little other way to beat him. Khabib puts so much pressure on you that even the people who don’t get tired, get tired. Dustin is a black belt himself and has cardio for days too.

Khabib has little left after he finishes Tony.
Danny1616
General Manager

Post#8 » by Danny1616 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:06 pm

Steelo Green wrote:

He can’t IMO.

Ferguson struggled against Lee and had it not been for the infection may have lost. Ferguson has bad TDD and he’s banking on elite jiu jitsu to win because he has little other way to beat him. Khabib puts so much pressure on you that even the people who don’t get tired, get tired. Dustin is a black belt himself and has cardio for days too.

Poirier is not on Ferguson's level.

Ferguson does have a realistic shot to beat Khabib.

I still have Khabib winning that but I wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson pulls the upset at all.

Don't know what you mean he has little left.

He could try going up to 170 and fighting Usman or Covington for the title.

Conor took a risk going up to 155...gotta give him credit for that. He could've stayed at 145 where he would have still been the champion.
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#9 » by Joker » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:24 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:

He can’t IMO.

I still have Khabib winning that but I wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson pulls the upset at all.

I agree but I also wouldn't be shocked if Khabib thoroughly dominates him a la Poirier/Conor.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,645

Post#10 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:57 pm

Khabib is the GOAT.

And once he beats Tony, he'll be the undisputed GOAT.

El Cucuy has a legit shot at pulling off an upset, but Khabib is just too good. I can't see this man ever losing. If you watch the Anatomy of a Fighter series, you'd understand why. Even Will Harris who went down to Dagestan to train with Khabib & his team said there's no one that'll ever stop him.

6:30
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
wow09
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,559

Post#11 » by wow09 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 5:23 pm

I love Dustin but I am tired of seein Khabib face strikers. I want to see him face Tony or GSP.

If GSP can make 155 I definitely think he can beat Khabib. He has the wrestling to match him and he has far better striking / boxing.
Danny1616
General Manager

Post#12 » by Danny1616 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 5:32 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Khabib is the GOAT.

El Cucuy has a legit shot at pulling off an upset, but Khabib is just too good. I can't see this man ever losing. If you watch the Anatomy of a Fighter series, you'd understand why. Even Will Harris who went down to Dagestan to train with Khabib & his team said there's no one that'll ever stop him.

Jon Jones would still be the GOAT.
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,998

Post#13 » by kalel123 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:01 pm

wow09 wrote:I love Dustin but I am tired of seein Khabib face strikers. I want to see him face Tony or GSP.

If GSP can make 155 I definitely think he can beat Khabib. He has the wrestling to match him and he has far better striking / boxing.

Wanna see him face GSP, too. But won't happen since UFC don't want GSP to do what he did when he won Middleweight again should he win.
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#14 » by GordanFreeman » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:09 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:Khabib is the GOAT.

Jon Jones would still be the GOAT.

Peds, being a **** human, etc...
jimross
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Post#15 » by jimross » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:16 pm

Khabibs been my favorite fighter for a long time and hes a beast, #1 P4P imo but Tony Ferguson is going to give him a run for his money.

Poirier showed two weaknesses Khabib has:

1) When you pressure Khabib hes like a fish out of water. Poirier and Michael Johnson have both clipped Khabib by being the aggressor.

2) Khabib leaves himself exposed to different submissions while attempting takedowns.

Ferguson is awesome at applying crazy amounts of pressure and is a black belt jujitsu practitioner who is a savage off his back. Not to mention he has the best cardio in MMA imo.

Khabib should still be the favorite in this fight but Tony will be his toughest opponent by far. Matchup wise, this fight is one of the greatest MMA fights of all time.
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#16 » by Joker » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:45 pm

jimross wrote:Khabibs been my favorite fighter for a long time and hes a beast, #1 P4P imo but Tony Ferguson is going to give him a run for his money.

1) When you pressure Khabib hes like a fish out of water. Poirier and Michael Johnson have both clipped Khabib by being the aggressor.

2) Khabib leaves himself exposed to different submissions while attempting takedowns.

Ferguson is awesome at applying crazy amounts of pressure and is a black belt jujitsu practitioner who is a savage off his back. Not to mention he has the best cardio in MMA imo.

Khabib should still be the favorite in this fight but Tony will be his toughest opponent by far. Matchup wise, this fight is one of the greatest MMA fights of all time.

Khabib has mauled BJJ black belts thus far --- Poirier and RDA come to mind.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,102

Post#17 » by duppyy » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:47 pm

kalel123 wrote:
wow09 wrote:I love Dustin but I am tired of seein Khabib face strikers. I want to see him face Tony or GSP.

Wanna see him face GSP, too. But won't happen since UFC don't want GSP to do what he did when he won Middleweight again should he win.

Only Connor is allowed to not defend a belt, a class act like GSP gets **** on by Dana.
jimross
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Post#18 » by jimross » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:57 pm

Joker wrote:
jimross wrote:Khabibs been my favorite fighter for a long time and hes a beast, #1 P4P imo but Tony Ferguson is going to give him a run for his money.

Khabib has mauled BJJ black belts thus far --- Poirier and RDA come to mind.

Neither one of them offered the combination of pressure, craftiness, awkwardness, cardio and huge reach advantage Tony offers.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,759

Post#19 » by ItsDanger » Mon Sep 9, 2019 7:03 pm

Ferguson is originally a wrestler, his take down D is decent Has an assortment of counters on the floor, nice reach and the elbows are a factor. Khabib plans on tiring him out which won't happen, Tony's stamina is too strong. While Khabib is an elite grappler, if the fight is mostly standing in the 5th, I like Tony's chances.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,649

Post#20 » by hype_2004 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 7:21 pm

Not just BJJ as Poirier is a BJJ black belt himself but a 10th planet black belt under Eddie Bravo, that rubber guard of his, flexibility, length and patience will enable him to secure possibly a triangle on the bottom. Khabib could go all out and ignore the dangers and it will be nighty night as Khabib is not the type to tap. Tony Ferguson has been drilling his rubber guard and triangle non stop, I would also see a scenario where he reverses Khabib rolls out and lock his head/arm for the D'arce, Tony is the most dangerous opponent for Khabib due to his skills on the ground.

Return to Toronto Raptors