ImageImageImageImageImage

Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,867

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#101 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:51 pm

blueNorange wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
blueNorange wrote:what team is carmelo anthony currently on??

he's 35. that might have something to do with it too.

the nerve of some of you to try to win this discussion by waiting until he's aged out of the league to say "see i was right". :lol:

you're the one who's waited till he's aged to use it as an excuse.

the nba was done with melo 2 years ago.

As someone who said the cheese was moldy 8 years ago, not sure who those people are that needed cheesy Melo to age until now before they said he was ripe
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,789

Post#102 » by Stannis » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:52 pm

god shammgod wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
So you ignore the obvious delusion of the source to take the part that matches your beliefs?

Very on brand for you

what team is carmelo anthony currently on??

the nerve of some of you to try to win this discussion by waiting until he's aged out of the league to say "see i was right". :lol:
He's 35 now. But has been abysmal for 3 years at least.

Nobody else with that star power and connections ended their career so early unless they had a major injury, which Melo did not.

If we are going to say 32 is too old, then I don't know what to say.
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#103 » by blueNorange » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:54 pm

Stannis wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Nobody else with that star power and connections ended their career so early unless they had a major injury, which Melo did not.

shammgod is better than that, he knows when he pressed submit that post was a reach.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,639

Post#104 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:55 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
blueNorange wrote:i hope people didn't think this, and if so shame on them.

clearly what rose meant was because they're both black, mills assumed rose would be with open arms when it's still a "i don't really know you" thing.

I don't think that's what Derrick meant at all. He wouldn't have said be yourself. And everybody jumping on it to say ... see Mills sucks. Is ignoring that Mills has always been very pro-Black and this is not a facade.

i took "be yourself" to mean, lead with who you are and not pro-black pandering. :dontknow:

What if he is about pro-Black sentiment (not pandering) and he has walked it while what has Derrick Rose done except buy sex toys?
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,395

Post#105 » by god shammgod » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:57 pm

i believe he was an all-star 3 years ago at 32
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#106 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 7:03 pm

Stannis wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

We're just going to forget the major knee surgery he had? He was never the same after that.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#107 » by NYKAL » Mon Sep 9, 2019 7:30 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:Phil should have just coached the team. It seems like the main issue was people were just uncomfortable with the triangle and didn't know how to run it non robotically... I know physically it would have been tough but he could have done all of the home games plus the atlantic division road games (besides Toronto) which are all just bus rides away. He would have ended up getting like 60 games in and he could have just had Hornacek/Fisher do the far road games until he felt comfortable enough with their coaching ability and ability to implement his system.

A team goes nowhere without buy-in from their best player. Folks were complaining about the triangle, but the team barely ran it. That illustrates how the press shapes public opinion.

Phil thought that he could psychologically manipulate Melo. He couldn’t and that’s why he was doomed from the start. Melo’s rigidness is also why he’s out of the league.

It is what I called Phil's hubris. He thought he could mould Melo which was both wrong and conceited. For a guy who supposedly was a psychological mastermind to be so woefully incapable of diagnosing Melo's condition and then deluding himself into believing he'd be the one who cured Melo was a gigantic farce. It is why I went on the warpath when Phil made him the highest player in the league with a frigging NTC. I knew it doomed the franchise for years to come.

How Arrogant to think he can Mould someone he isn't Coaching.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#108 » by NYKAL » Mon Sep 9, 2019 7:34 pm

HerSports85 wrote:Met Mills when he was working with Magic here in Detroit to rebuild some struggling areas. Mills is more for the culture than Rose ever was and he doesn’t seem to be faking it. So that’s why I’m upset. How you know that’s not HIM

and I’m high key offended by some posters in this thread but I’m going to be quiet before I get suspended. Just don’t downplay or question someone’s blackness because you are unsure about yours. Fu!king clown

they act like kids from the Hood have never made it into Princeton or Yale. Hood cats are everywhere, you just don't know unless someone violates them to the point that they feel the need to let the hood out. This is NOT me saying Perry is Hood, it's me giving an example of how and why someone could have an education of the highest order and still be fully in touch with where he came from. Never question people cultural identity.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Post#109 » by Adelheid » Mon Sep 9, 2019 7:43 pm

Scalabrine wrote:Him comparing his situation to George Hill and the Kings contract negotiations is pretty off-base. Hill has always been a role-player, put the team above his personal accolades, done the dirty work, and been a good mentor/teammate everywhere he's been.

For Rose to want that type of contract/role, when he plays a totally different game, was admittedly looking out for himself and trying to re-find his place in the league, and go through rehabbing his upcoming surgery, is apples and oranges.

Him going AWOL pretty much guaranteed that no one was going to bring him in for vet leadership. Maybe now, now that he's found his role again, teams can start looking at him as a guy that can help young players develop, but during his time with the Knicks, Rose proved he was not at all ready for that. He was still finding himself.

Phil is a weird man. He wanted team players but aquired and resigned guys that are not receptive to team play.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#110 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Sep 9, 2019 8:03 pm

NYKAL wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
A team goes nowhere without buy-in from their best player. Folks were complaining about the triangle, but the team barely ran it. That illustrates how the press shapes public opinion.

Phil thought that he could psychologically manipulate Melo. He couldn’t and that’s why he was doomed from the start. Melo’s rigidness is also why he’s out of the league.

It is what I called Phil's hubris. He thought he could mould Melo which was both wrong and conceited. For a guy who supposedly was a psychological mastermind to be so woefully incapable of diagnosing Melo's condition and then deluding himself into believing he'd be the one who cured Melo was a gigantic farce. It is why I went on the warpath when Phil made him the highest player in the league with a frigging NTC. I knew it doomed the franchise for years to come.

How Arrogant to think he can Mould someone he isn't Coaching.

It is arrogant when you've already had plenty of time as Melo's boss to know better than to max him out with a NTC under the self-deluded pretension you are going to change him. Phil had all the data already to know better, so yeah, he was arrogant and misguided.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#111 » by blueNorange » Mon Sep 9, 2019 8:15 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Stannis wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

We're just going to forget the major knee surgery he had? He was never the same after that.

the one he held off to selfishly play in an all star game?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#112 » by blueNorange » Mon Sep 9, 2019 8:16 pm

god shammgod wrote:i believe he was an all-star 3 years ago at 32

you mean the popularity contest that's fan voting and not actual production?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#113 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 8:29 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Stannis wrote:He's 35 now. But has been abysmal for 3 years at least.

the one he held off to selfishly play in an all star game?

I really don't understand how that is selfish... He didn't run the risk of injuring it any further and the Knicks were out of it. Either way he wasn't going to come back that year regardless if he got the surgery a week or 2 earlier. He made the all-star game and wanted to be there because it was in New York. I'm fine with Melo hate because he's not on the team anymore but you're really going at him for no reason... he's gone let it go
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,081

Post#114 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Sep 9, 2019 8:48 pm

Melo just wanted to rep New York in the all star game. Salute to him..
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,789

Post#115 » by Stannis » Mon Sep 9, 2019 8:49 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:I'm fine with Melo hate because he's not on the team anymore but you're really going at him for no reason... he's gone let it go

Well in all honesty, Melo has been coming up a lot because he was/is linked to the Knicks this summer. And he had an interview saying stuff like he never had the teams other stars had.

So it's not like his haters are hating on him just because they want to.

While his "haters" haven't let it go yet, neither has Melo, and maybe the Knicks FO hasn't let go either. That's why he's been a topic of discussion this summer
Free Palestine
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,081

Post#116 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Sep 9, 2019 8:53 pm

Stannis wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:I'm fine with Melo hate because he's not on the team anymore but you're really going at him for no reason... he's gone let it go

Well in all honesty, Melo has been coming up a lot because he was/is linked to the Knicks this summer. And he had an interview saying stuff like he never had the teams other stars had.

While his "haters" haven't let it go yet, neither has Melo, and maybe the Knicks FO hasn't let go either. That's why he's been a topic of discussion this summer

Melo stating facts though. Yes he’s a flawed player and has had ego problems, but the fact is that he’s played with garbage in NY and was used as a scapegoat.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#117 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Sep 9, 2019 9:11 pm

Stannis wrote:

Melo did everything he could to remain a news item this Summer, so he's getting his wish and people are talking about him.

How is this not obvious?

There continue to be Melo discussions or even threads that get started, because either he and "his team" are trying so hard to spark interest in him or former colleagues are revealing their true feelings about him as a player (even if they like him as a person in street clothes).

That it may not be having the intended effect is yet another iteration of Melo's usual cluelessness. All his ridiculous attempt to leverage SAS got him was some pity instagrams and lots of posts that tell it like it actually is.

What club wants the drama this kind of obliviousness and neediness brings? Evidently none.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#118 » by blueNorange » Mon Sep 9, 2019 9:21 pm

melo going to fire people on his pr staff if he doesn't sign with a team, the spin machine for melo has been in full throttle ever since the stephen a. smith interview
LOL Y U MAD THO?
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,395

Post#119 » by god shammgod » Mon Sep 9, 2019 9:57 pm

blueNorange wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i believe he was an all-star 3 years ago at 32

you mean the popularity contest that's fan voting and not actual production?

actually the coaches voted him in. the fans only pick the starters. they're not you, but they probably know a little something about basketball.

look, melo wasn't perfect at all. he could have done a lot of things better. he also wasn't the force of the evil in the universe that some of you make him out be. but i understand, realgm is not about nuance.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#120 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Sep 9, 2019 10:16 pm

Stannis wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

His play style is what's aged. In skillset Melo is like 45. If the early 2000 lasted forever, Melo couldve played till 50. Its not like his athleticism is limiting him from doing anything he wants to do out there. Melos a vastly skilled player. As we speak there be few defenders who can stop him from scoring. Problem is if you score but took 6 seconds of the shot clock doing it at a low passing rate, based on current rules and coaching styles that defense already won the matchup, score or not.

So it's his mentality that is dated and idk if you could change that. I enjoyed watching him play though.

Return to New York Knicks