ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Re: Official 2019 Mets Thread, II, p. 337 

Post#521 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 8, 2019 6:49 am

blueNorange wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:he's not a huge loss, good pitcher but mets already have steven matz.

Kay struck out 8 in 5.1 innings. When has Matz ever done that?

he struck out 8 in 5 on april 6th
he struck out 10 in 6 on june 8th

last year:

he struck out 8 in 5 on april 7th
he struck out 11 in 7 on september 1st
he struck out 8 in 5 on september 7th

do you need more?

Forget Matz. What about Stroman? Dude is choking big time.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#522 » by 2010 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 9:12 pm

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#523 » by blueNorange » Mon Sep 9, 2019 9:14 pm

2010 wrote:It's official. They hate Syndergaard. Look what just leaked:

https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/noah-syndergaard-confronts-mets-bosses-over-wilson-ramos-frustration/

yup, first comes the slow hit pieces to make him look like an issue.

next comes the trade.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
RealGM

Post#524 » by 2010 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 9:25 pm

blueNorange wrote:

https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/noah-syndergaard-confronts-mets-bosses-over-wilson-ramos-frustration/

next comes the trade.

As much as Jeff Wilpon tries to make Thor the villain, Brodie is the one who ends up looking bad here. Like a straight hypocrite who can't be trusted among player ranks:

In general, Van Wagenen’s front office believes the pitcher-catcher dynamic is overstated and favors the best offensive matchup against the opposing pitcher. The Mets also want to avoid pitchers having personal catchers. In addition, Van Wagenen is invested in Ramos, having handed him a two-year, $19 million contract this offseason.

Last season when he was Jacob deGrom’s agent, Van Wagenen encouraged the ace to demand to pitch to Devin Mesoraco because deGrom felt so much more comfortable throwing to him than the other Met catchers. The request was mainly granted with Mesoraco starting 21 of deGrom’s final 25 starts in his Cy Young season.

Van Wagenen also said his administration would be based on a players-first credo, and Syndergaard does not feel as if that is playing out with him. Reached Monday, Van Wagenen would not comment.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#525 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:31 am

2010 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

next comes the trade.

As much as Jeff Wilpon tries to make Thor the villain, Brodie is the one who ends up looking bad here. Like a straight hypocrite who can't be trusted among player ranks:

In general, Van Wagenen’s front office believes the pitcher-catcher dynamic is overstated and favors the best offensive matchup against the opposing pitcher. The Mets also want to avoid pitchers having personal catchers. In addition, Van Wagenen is invested in Ramos, having handed him a two-year, $19 million contract this offseason.

Last season when he was Jacob deGrom’s agent, Van Wagenen encouraged the ace to demand to pitch to Devin Mesoraco because deGrom felt so much more comfortable throwing to him than the other Met catchers. The request was mainly granted with Mesoraco starting 21 of deGrom’s final 25 starts in his Cy Young season.

Van Wagenen also said his administration would be based on a players-first credo, and Syndergaard does not feel as if that is playing out with him. Reached Monday, Van Wagenen would not comment.

Didn't Brodie also represent Noah? I forget.
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Post#526 » by Stannis » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:52 am

"However, this season Syndergaard has an 8.10 ERA in two games with Travis d’Arnaud, a 5.09 ERA with Ramos in 15 games and a 2.45 ERA with Nido in 10 games. He threw seven shutout innings the only time he matched up with Rivera. In 22 career games with Nido, Syndergaard has a 2.17 ERA and it is 2.52 in 29 games with Rivera."

Says a lot. And I don't think its just Noah who doesn't like pitching to Ramos. Who staff has been struggling this season.

Im ok with a defensive catcher who pitchers like, even if they bat .197.

Ramos is a DH playing catcher.

Sent using RealGM mobile app
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#527 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:00 am

Stannis wrote:"However, this season Syndergaard has an 8.10 ERA in two games with Travis d’Arnaud, a 5.09 ERA with Ramos in 15 games and a 2.45 ERA with Nido in 10 games. He threw seven shutout innings the only time he matched up with Rivera. In 22 career games with Nido, Syndergaard has a 2.17 ERA and it is 2.52 in 29 games with Rivera."

Says a lot. And I don't think its just Noah who doesn't like pitching to Ramos. Who staff has been struggling this season.

It seems to me that the reason why Noah went to Brodie was because Mickey shut down that request. I don't blame Noah. He just wants to go out and pitch the best he can.
POSTING POLICIES:
prolific96
Junior
And1: 118

Post#528 » by prolific96 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Stannis wrote:"However, this season Syndergaard has an 8.10 ERA in two games with Travis d’Arnaud, a 5.09 ERA with Ramos in 15 games and a 2.45 ERA with Nido in 10 games. He threw seven shutout innings the only time he matched up with Rivera. In 22 career games with Nido, Syndergaard has a 2.17 ERA and it is 2.52 in 29 games with Rivera."

Part of me agree's with you but Ramos has been paramount to the Mets run over the last 6 weeks. Degrom also requested to pitch to Nido or Rivera but Ramos caught him last night and he still went out and threw a heck of a game.

Another part of me feels Thor needs to man up. Thor can decline any pitch called by Ramos and even without his personal catcher, baserunners have been running all over Thor. He's slow to the plate and terrible at holding runners on.
RealGM

Post#529 » by 2010 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:44 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
2010 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:yup, first comes the slow hit pieces to make him look like an issue.

next comes the trade.

Didn't Brodie also represent Noah? I forget.

No

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,642

Post#530 » by mpharris36 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:22 pm

blueNorange wrote:

next comes the trade.

Call me crazy but I honestly don’t mind trading him. I have a hard time he will ever be the elite dominant pitcher we hope because he can’t hold runners on. What elite pitcher can’t hold runners on. It’s a huge concern because every blooper or walk leads to a double sometimes a triple.

My concern in big games and playoffs he simply has to be perfect unlike someone like degrom that can work around base runners and trouble all game. Noah can’t do that because he has simply no way to slow down a running game which is why I don’t believe he will ever reach his full potential
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#531 » by blueNorange » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:05 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

next comes the trade.

Call me crazy but I honestly don’t mind trading him. I have a hard time he will ever be the elite dominant pitcher we hope because he can’t hold runners on. What elite pitcher can’t hold runners on. It’s a huge concern because every blooper or walk leads to a double sometimes a triple.

My concern in big games and playoffs he simply has to be perfect unlike someone like degrom that can work around base runners and trouble all game. Noah can’t do that because he has simply no way to slow down a running game which is why I don’t believe he will ever reach his full potential

you are crazy, noah is a victim of a poor defense.

he's a sinker ball pitcher that has poor defenders behind him and a catcher that can't frame low pitches.

he's only 26, put a good defense behind him and he's elite.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#532 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:45 pm

blueNorange wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:yup, first comes the slow hit pieces to make him look like an issue.

next comes the trade.

he's a sinker ball pitcher that has poor defenders behind him and a catcher that can't frame low pitches.

Just give him the catcher he wants to pitch to and put up the rest of the lineup as is. Very simple. But the fcking Mets have to turn it into another stupid drama.
POSTING POLICIES:
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#533 » by blueNorange » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:48 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Just put the catcher he wants to pitch to and put up the rest of the lineup as is. Very simple. But the fcking Mets have to turn it into another stupid drama.

having nido catch stroman the night before noah's start is also a coincidence.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#534 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:07 pm

blueNorange wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:you are crazy, noah is a victim of a poor defense.

Just put the catcher he wants to pitch to and put up the rest of the lineup as is. Very simple. But the fcking Mets have to turn it into another stupid drama.

having nido catch stroman the night before noah's start is also a coincidence.

Stroman throws a ton of sinkers in the dirt. Too much for Ramos.
POSTING POLICIES:
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#535 » by Garbagelo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Knew the Stroman trade was trash

Knew the Diaz/Cano trade was trash

Know the trades down the line by Brodie will be trash

Need to cut the losses quick and dump him immediately
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,642

Post#536 » by mpharris36 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:10 pm

blueNorange wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

next comes the trade.

You keep making excuses for him. Degrom is elite with the same roster. Noah has some diva in him. That is a fact. He is a good pitcher but I have always thought something isn’t right.

He can’t hold runners on too. That mostly on him. Which skews his FIP stats.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
RealGM

Post#537 » by 2010 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:56 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Just give him the catcher he wants to pitch to and put up the rest of the lineup as is. Very simple. But the fcking Mets have to turn it into another stupid drama.

This. Especially when Brodie argued in favor of this philosophy when he was deGrom's agent. Now he is suddenly against it when he's the GM? He is going to come across as a phony and lose the respect of the locker room with chit like this.

RealGM

Post#538 » by 2010 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:25 am

This quote from Thor all but confirms Jeff Wilpon is leaking this info to the press in a smear campaign.

“It’s unfortunate that a private conversation that I had with the front office and the coaching staff became public, but it is what it is now,” Syndergaard said.

Syndergaard denied the leak came from him or anyone close to him. He said his relationship with Ramos hasn’t changed, though the two haven’t had a long discussion about the matter since the latest news came out. When asked how he feels about the Mets’ leadership, with which he has clashed and which dangled him as a trade chip last offseason and again this season, Syndergaard paused and said, “The 25, 40 guys in the clubhouse, those guys are my family.”

Last year, Jacob deGrom was given a personal catcher for a majority of his starts after Devin Mesoraco was acquired. Syndergaard has not been given the same luxury, Callaway said, because the Mets are in a playoff race and deGrom was having a Cy Young season a year ago.

SEE ALSO

Noah Syndergaard confronts Mets bosses over Wilson Ramos frustration
“We have a chance to get in the playoffs and if we get in the playoffs with Jacob and Noah and [Zack] Wheeler and our starting pitching, we can do something very, very special,” Callaway said. “So that’s all of our focus right now.”

https://nypost.com/2019/09/10/mets-saga-noah-syndergaard-speaks-as-wilson-ramos-issue-remains/

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#539 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:58 pm

2010 wrote:This quote from Thor all but confirms Jeff Wilpon is leaking this info to the press in a smear campaign.

“It’s unfortunate that a private conversation that I had with the front office and the coaching staff became public, but it is what it is now,” Syndergaard said.

Syndergaard denied the leak came from him or anyone close to him. He said his relationship with Ramos hasn’t changed, though the two haven’t had a long discussion about the matter since the latest news came out. When asked how he feels about the Mets’ leadership, with which he has clashed and which dangled him as a trade chip last offseason and again this season, Syndergaard paused and said, “The 25, 40 guys in the clubhouse, those guys are my family.”

Last year, Jacob deGrom was given a personal catcher for a majority of his starts after Devin Mesoraco was acquired. Syndergaard has not been given the same luxury, Callaway said, because the Mets are in a playoff race and deGrom was having a Cy Young season a year ago.

SEE ALSO

Noah Syndergaard confronts Mets bosses over Wilson Ramos frustration
“We have a chance to get in the playoffs and if we get in the playoffs with Jacob and Noah and [Zack] Wheeler and our starting pitching, we can do something very, very special,” Callaway said. “So that’s all of our focus right now.”

https://nypost.com/2019/09/10/mets-saga-noah-syndergaard-speaks-as-wilson-ramos-issue-remains/

I think I’m hating on Jeff worse than Dolan
POSTING POLICIES:
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#540 » by blueNorange » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:07 am

hope people realize the value nimmo has, the mets mishandled the initial injury costing him most of the season but even in a down year he has a .370 obp.

the ideal lineup next year should be this

nimmo
rosario
mcneil
alonso
conforto
davis
ramos
cano
LOL Y U MAD THO?

Return to New York Knicks