Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,551

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#21 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:36 pm

E S V L wrote:I am not sure I am ready to trade Melton for Robinson straight.

Really? I would have had that an easy choice.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,297

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#22 » by babyjax13 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:05 pm

E S V L wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Harkless, McGruder, Robinson for Iggy, Crowder, Melton

Seems more reasonable. I think Robinson is underrated, but I was really high on him in the draft, so IDK.

Easy no from Memphis. I am not sure I am ready to trade Melton for Robinson straight.

The Grizzlies are seeking only a FRP for Igoudala. Thus, the formula for a successful trade is simple: Clippers send a FRP to Memphis and whoever they want to a 3d party for some value back and an expring going to Memphis.

An expiring and 1st for an overpaid bench player seems like a massive reach. Maybe I'll be wrong, but I don't see it.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,297

Post#23 » by babyjax13 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:07 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:

Agreed. Robinson didn't have a great rookie year, but he displayed all the tools that made him get drafted. He has a silky-smooth game and a really nice stroke + some ability to handle the ball. Really reminds my of early career Khris Middleton, who people slept on and then he put it all together. Robinson needs to build some strength to finish through contact, but I see no reason to believe that a second round pick from the same year has similar value. It's not like Melton did anything special.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#24 » by E S V L » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:33 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
E S V L wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Seems more reasonable. I think Robinson is underrated, but I was really high on him in the draft, so IDK.

Easy no from Memphis. I am not sure I am ready to trade Melton for Robinson straight.

The Grizzlies are seeking only a FRP for Igoudala. Thus, the formula for a successful trade is simple: Clippers send a FRP to Memphis and whoever they want to a 3d party for some value back and an expring going to Memphis.

Clips trade Hark, Robinson to OKC, OKC trades Roberson and DEN 1st to MEM, Iggy to LAC

Deal
FK NFL
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#25 » by E S V L » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:38 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Agreed. Robinson didn't have a great rookie year, but he displayed all the tools that made him get drafted. He has a silky-smooth game and a really nice stroke + some ability to handle the ball. Really reminds my of early career Khris Middleton, who people slept on and then he put it all together. Robinson needs to build some strength to finish through contact, but I see no reason to believe that a second round pick from the same year has similar value. It's not like Melton did anything special.

You guess against my guess. I don’t know - you may easily end up right, but I am high on Melton due to his age, physical tools for defence, and a fantastic feeling for steals, whereas cautious on Robinson’s due to lack of progress in the system where many his young fellows have managed to thrive. Also, he disappointed during the Summer League.
FK NFL

Return to Trades and Transactions