ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: WSJ profile on Durant - Some Raps content

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Re: OT: WSJ profile on Durant - Some Raps content 

Post#21 » by Danny1616 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:39 pm

PoundTown wrote:People can feel however they want, but dude is the insecure type who can't look himself in the mirror. He won a championship, yes two, but he never did what we just saw Kawhi do, what Lebron did against the Warriors, what Dwayne Wade did first championship, or what Dirk did. He will never be as great as those guys. He put himself in a situation where it was very hard to lose. I do, to some extent, understand why he had a hard time playing with Westbrook. If Westbrook could have tried to get KD going more than get himself going, maybe Durant gets himself one real one.

Yep.

He's just extremely delusional about everything.

He would have gotten a lot less flack if he joined the Celtics or the Spurs in 2016 but he chose to join a 73 win team that he was on the verge of defeating just weeks prior.

It's like he doesn't understand why he's not satisfied. He's not satisfied because he expected to be praised and glorified after he became a champion, but many fans won't give him that recognition because he took easiest route possible in NBA history.

Then he acts like an insecure child throwing a tantrum debating 12 year olds on Instagram over stuff like this.
jTF2
Head Coach
And1: 96

Post#22 » by jTF2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:48 pm

I don't care about KD the person. He seems very flawed and of course that makes him human just like the rest of us. The difference is he makes millions and us fans hold him to a higher or different standard. whatever

What does interest me is he understands why the fans jeered when he went down.

“They was terrified that I was on the floor,” - KD

THANK YOU. That's exactly what I was doing. That's exactly what most of the fans jeering were thinking as soon as he went down.
On the Kardashian sisters:
Boognish wrote:
True Warrior Zo wrote:Why are they all standing with their legs crossed?

Keeps the evil spirits from escaping
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#23 » by Kevin Willis » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:13 pm

Ska needs to make a comeback.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,176

Post#24 » by LLJ » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:15 pm

This Durant guy is really long winded.
Jeremy Lin 7
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,133

Post#25 » by Jeremy Lin 7 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:24 pm

If Durant owns up to the fact he joined a 73 win team I could respect him more.

The guy needs to stop being so insecure.

You have all the talent and yet still needs the approval of others.
RealGM
And1: 66,421

Post#26 » by 720 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:38 pm

He, Klay and Curry shot lights out and we were only down 5 when he went down. Usually that kind of run means a 10-12 point lead for the Warriors. Even if he had played all we had to do was win one of those three games. We were an elite defensive team. We would have done it.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,338

Post#27 » by Tha Cynic » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:33 pm

PoundTown wrote:People can feel however they want, but dude is the insecure type who can't look himself in the mirror. He won a championship, yes two, but he never did what we just saw Kawhi do, what Lebron did against the Warriors, what Dwayne Wade did first championship, or what Dirk did. He will never be as great as those guys. He put himself in a situation where it was very hard to lose. I do, to some extent, understand why he had a hard time playing with Westbrook. If Westbrook could have tried to get KD going more than get himself going, maybe Durant gets himself one real one.

Leonard joined a team that has been the 3rd best team in the last several years behind the Warriors and Cavs; LeBron created his own superteam.... twice and is trying it again a third time; Wade won with either Shaq or James; and Dirk had to try over and over again to win, and accomplished it only once.

There's a lot of hatred for a guy who's pretty much like every other star basketball player.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,889

Post#28 » by fbalmeida » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:17 pm

Truly fascinating.

Durant is living proof that dedicating essentially every waking moment of your childhood and adolescence into becoming virtuously proficient at something, in his case, basketball, comes with psychological costs.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,961

Post#29 » by Metallikid » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:29 pm

jTF2 wrote:I don't care about KD the person. He seems very flawed and of course that makes him human just like the rest of us. The difference is he makes millions and us fans hold him to a higher or different standard. whatever

What does interest me is he understands why the fans jeered when he went down.

“They was terrified that I was on the floor,” - KD

THANK YOU. That's exactly what I was doing. That's exactly what most of the fans jeering were thinking as soon as he went down.

Fake narrative. The fans jeered because only a few minutes prior he fouled the **** out of Fred and they were jawing in each others' faces.
15Years
Veteran
And1: 7,012

Post#30 » by 15Years » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:30 pm

So before it was "they'll never win another championship", now the tone is they were scared? Which is it? As great of a player he is, his personality is definitely snake like.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,476

Post#31 » by Bankai » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:38 pm

At least Durant the man himself also agrees that the Cheering was not meant to be malicious and not about the actual injury itself. He took that Series with good heart, respect.
itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Post#32 » by itsme23 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:38 pm

I never say this but I actually understand what Durrant is saying.

Just sucks for us. If we could ever draft a player of his caliber he would never leave.
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,059

Post#33 » by xAIRNESSx » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:52 pm

Sherlock wrote:Great feature article on Durant in the WSJ Magazine. Lots of insight into his personality and thought process. Plus some Raptors content too.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/kevin-durants-new-headspace-11568119028

I've included a bunch of excerpts I found interesting. Long article -- hopefully I'm not sharing too much. Mods, please cut down if needed.

If you get upset about how Drake roots for his hometown team, he adds, “You need to reevaluate yourself.”

This even applies to many "Raptors fans".
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,998

Post#34 » by kalel123 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:50 am

Every time I hear Durant speak or read what he says... I have to SMH, cringe, and frown.

I disagree with so many things he says in the article. Heck, almost everything.

He's one weird dude. And up to this point in his career, he's no champion in my books.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,138

Post#35 » by PoundTown » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:29 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:

Leonard joined a team that has been the 3rd best team in the last several years behind the Warriors and Cavs; LeBron created his own superteam.... twice and is trying it again a third time; Wade won with either Shaq or James; and Dirk had to try over and over again to win, and accomplished it only once.

There's a lot of hatred for a guy who's pretty much like every other star basketball player.

Leonard got traded to Toronto against his will on a team with one all star, who had only been on the All NBA third team once. Durant joined a team that was good enough to win a title without him against a team with Lebron and two other all stars and lost in 7 to them the next year only because an absolutely epic performance from a top 5 player of all time. KD joined the other greatest scorer in the game with two other all stars after they pulled off a 73 win season. And yup, Dirk tried over and over again with team that drafted him and finally got it done after years of failure - nothing wrong with that; if KD did that, people wouldn't have anything to bash him about and his legacy would be far greater than his easy route to 2 championships, but he didn't. There is also a difference in getting traded to bailing on a team that lost in 7 to the team you've signed with the year before - you quit on trying to beat the best and you joined the best.

The hatred comes from the over-sensitive whining "woah is me" attitude, that he single-handidly took away all parody in the NBA for a few years, and the other d bag qualities like the burner account. He could take a page from the Raps of this past year who don't disput anyone on social media and just worry about their business. Kawhi didn't do social media and Lowry mentioned never responding to haters because he knows there is always going to be haters, no matter what and it doesn't phase him.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,176

Post#36 » by LLJ » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:36 pm

itsme23 wrote:I never say this but I actually understand what Durrant is saying.

Just sucks for us. If we could ever draft a player of his caliber he would never leave.

2 franchises have bowed to him to keep him. Yet he still left.

Durant is just the type of guy who will never be comfortable where he is or who he is no matter how well you treat him. Even if we gave him everything he asked for, he's go into his poor me routine "I'm just different, I never seemed to fit in with the guys, they just don't understand me, etc."

Read on Twitter
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 7,987

Post#37 » by ontnut » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:47 pm

He is easily one of the most disliked players in the league right now. Hard to think of anyone else.
I get it, he's his own man and can his own opinion, but man is he unlikable.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,449

Post#38 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:53 am

Amazing basketball player. One of the best ever. Also extremely butter soft, insecure, and childish.
team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#39 » by team edward » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:54 am

What a **** diva.

Return to Toronto Raptors