Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

The positives and negatives of your team and/or any team from week 1 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 1:24 pm

Chargers:

Good:

Rivers looked great.
Ekeler and Jackson looked every bit as good as Gordon. They hit the holes harder. Gordon dances around too much. They are better at running after contact and great are both pass catchers, particularly Ekeler.
Kicking - Their kicker was out and they've had terrible kicking problems the last few years before finding Badgley, but their punter, who used to kick in the CFL was perfect, even with a brand new and first time long snapper and holder making all his extra points and a 40+ yard FG.
Pass rush - Not great, but Ingram and Bosa do put some pressure and their entire front line is solid. They were a bit tired to end the game after holding the Colts and then the punt returner fumbling the ball, so they had to stay on for two possessions in a row in the 3rd, but they held on at the end for the win.
Keenan Allen solid and reliable as usual.
Hunter Henry with a nice bounce back game after being out with injury last year.
Special teams punt rush came up with a nice block. I can't remember the last time the Chargers blocked a punt or FG, but it's been a LONG time.

Bad:

Their run defense looked awful, carrying over from the Pats game in the playoffs. Missing Derwin James even hurts more here.
Offensive line is always a problem, until last year where Russell Okung helped a lot. Unfortunately he is out for at least 6 weeks and had another injury, and Trent Scott, the replacement was flat out awful, allowing people to get to Rivers all day, but everyone outside of the C is below average.
Pass D - While this is a strength with Derwin James, without him and an injury to starter Thomas Davis hurt, and they gave up too many pass plays too.
Punt returner dropped a punt and gave the Colts good field position, and kept the Chargers tired D on the field after a nice stop. Luckily the Colts came away with no points, missing a FG, but the defense was visibly more tired in the 4th because of those that.

Revived wrote:.
matt131 wrote:.
BobbieL wrote:.

I'll probably do the Cardinals later on down.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Re: The positives and negatives of your team and/or any team from week 1 

Post#2 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:56 pm

Good:
Carson is poised to have a huge year. Just so fun to watch.

D.K. Metcalf looks really promising. Made some nice plays.

Bad:
Our line looks really poor at times in Pass Pro. Really concerning. Cincinnati was able to get consistent pressure all game.

The Secondary is a huge concern. Especially at FS. Where the **** is Earl Thomas? :cry:

Dalton had 400 yards passing. :roll:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#3 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:36 pm

I am a casual fan but for the Bills

Positives:

- Singletary was great and showed why they cut McCoy for him. After the Bills almost didn't run the ball at all to start the game, he really changed the game in the second half. He looked like has potential catching as well.
- Allen looked good. The turnovers mostly weren't his fault and then he led the comeback in second half. He was accurate most of the day and had some solid runs as usual. He did well throwing the ball away instead of taking the sack.
- John Brown had some big plays and gives them much needed speed
- Defense was excellent all around, Jets only offense was Leveon

Negative:

- Zay Jones remains frustrating
- Gore did not do much
- I didn't notice Ed Oliver but since the defense had a good game possible he was "quietly effective"
Dacost
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#4 » by Dacost » Mon Sep 9, 2019 7:28 pm

Titans

We Destroy the browns look great everywhere even Mariota look elite.

Bad
It was againts the browns and it's week one the chances of that lasting for the whole season is pretty low.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,228

Post#5 » by azcatz11 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 7:39 pm

bwgood -

I am curious your thoughts on the Cards.

They looked horrendous for 95% of the game but Murray showed flashes there of what he can be.

I'm still firmly of the opinion that he's too small to play the position and won't be an impact player but I am hoping he proves me wrong. Not that he's injury prone either but he looks tiny out there...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 8:01 pm

azcatz11 wrote:bwgood -

They looked horrendous for 95% of the game but Murray showed flashes there of what he can be.

I'm still firmly of the opinion that he's too small to play the position and won't be an impact player but I am hoping he proves me wrong. Not that he's injury prone either but he looks tiny out there...

Negatives - They have a lot of holes. The OL didn't look good at all and Kyler Murray looked flustered. He cannot deal with the speed or height of defensive linemen and ends up getting a lot of balls batted down and losing a lot of yardage on sacks, or scrambling backwards and finally throwing it away.

Positives - Murray did show resilience leading the 18 point comeback but it was the Lions at home and they were likely playing somewhat of a prevent defense.

The playcalling was terrible and they need to utilize David Johnson more, particularly inside the 5 yard line...even inside the 10. He's one of the best backs in all of football and can easily punch it in from inside the 5, especially if given multiple opportunities.

I imagine they will have a VERY tough time against the Ravens in Baltimore and maybe get crushed. I am really interested to see if Murray can continue to pull magic out of a hat since he's only lost 3 games ever at any level. Once he figures things out or maybe even a team out, maybe it just clicks for him. Hanging with the Ravens in Baltimore will be a very tall order though.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,744

Post#7 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:30 am

I'm still waiting Lol!

Edit:

Pros:

The D#!

How sharp Carr was!

Jacobs!

Cons: To many fc*kk***ing penalties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,569

Post#8 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:46 am

bwgood77 wrote:

Negatives - They have a lot of holes. The OL didn't look good at all and Kyler Murray looked flustered. He cannot deal with the speed or height of defensive linemen and ends up getting a lot of balls batted down and losing a lot of yardage on sacks, or scrambling backwards and finally throwing it away.

Positives - Murray did show resilience leading the 18 point comeback but it was the Lions at home and they were likely playing somewhat of a prevent defense.

The playcalling was terrible and they need to utilize David Johnson more, particularly inside the 5 yard line...even inside the 10. He's one of the best backs in all of football and can easily punch it in from inside the 5, especially if given multiple opportunities.

I imagine they will have a VERY tough time against the Ravens in Baltimore and maybe get crushed. I am really interested to see if Murray can continue to pull magic out of a hat since he's only lost 3 games ever at any level. Once he figures things out or maybe even a team out, maybe it just clicks for him. Hanging with the Ravens in Baltimore will be a very tall order though.

I caught the end of this game after the Niners game ended. (Have always loved DJ in fantasy, took him in 2 leagues this year)

One thing I noticed a lot in the little time I watched was just how little Murray looks. He looked much shorter than even Russell Wilson and Drew Brees. Like I wouldn't be surprised if he was 5'8 or 5'9. It seemed to really effect him as he struggled to throw over the offensive line. The other thing was that he and Wilson both weigh in a little under 210 lbs, but he definitely looked much skinnier than Wilson.

Hopefully it works out, I know we are division opponents but never really minded the Cards. Love DJ and Fitz.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#9 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:08 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I caught the end of this game after the Niners game ended. (Have always loved DJ in fantasy, took him in 2 leagues this year)

One thing I noticed a lot in the little time I watched was just how little Murray looks. He looked much shorter than even Russell Wilson and Drew Brees. Like I wouldn't be surprised if he was 5'8 or 5'9. It seemed to really effect him as he struggled to throw over the offensive line. The other thing was that he and Wilson both weigh in a little under 210 lbs, but he definitely looked much skinnier than Wilson.

Russ is thicc. He wasn't so much his rookie year. He also has bigger hands. Huge advantage.

Spoiler:
He's north of 210!

Murray will need to put weight on.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,744

Post#10 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:27 am

edited my post above.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:55 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Hopefully it works out, I know we are division opponents but never really minded the Cards. Love DJ and Fitz.

He's 5'9.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:00 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Russ is thicc. He wasn't so much his rookie year. He also has bigger hands. Huge advantage.

Spoiler:
He's north of 210!

Murray is pretty thick for a rookie.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#13 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:16 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Spoiler:
He's north of 210!

Murray is pretty thick for a rookie.

His frame isnt all that big tho. It certainly helps with his speed. He'll naturally put more weight on.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,176

Post#14 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:36 pm

I will chime in on The Ravens

Pros:

Lamar Jackson crushed any doubters saying he can't throw, he's a bust etc.
Played The Dolphins who are BAD, like possibly Alabama could beat em
Defense was good enough nowhere near the glory days but they are good enough
Finally Marquise Brown had 4 receptions for 147 yards that's crazy like Madden video game numbers plus that's his first game with a QB "who can't throw"
Steelers lost

Cons:

Win was against The Dolphins
Wasn't a win at home
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:34 pm

Good;
Great team, great players, great depth, bad contract gone and Kellen Moore.

Bad;
Jason Garrett.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#16 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:53 pm

Another usual Chargers negative.....injuries. They were already without one of their best players, Derwin James, and their best OL, Russell Okung, and of course Melvin Gordon (though I don't care about him too much), but now they lost Hunter Henry, who is a very solid TE, and Mike Williams....to deplete the pass catching options.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,569

Post#17 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:28 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Another usual Chargers negative.....injuries. They were already without one of their best players, Derwin James, and their best OL, Russell Okung, and of course Melvin Gordon (though I don't care about him too much), but now they lost Hunter Henry, who is a very solid TE, and Mike Williams....to deplete the pass catching options.

Ya thats tough. Unfortunate for both. Henry cant stay healthy to save his life, and hopefully Williams can shake this off.

AS a Keenan Allen owner, i'm ready to sell high once he goes for 40 this week lol.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#18 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:33 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Another usual Chargers negative.....injuries. They were already without one of their best players, Derwin James, and their best OL, Russell Okung, and of course Melvin Gordon (though I don't care about him too much), but now they lost Hunter Henry, who is a very solid TE, and Mike Williams....to deplete the pass catching options.

Okung was always hurt when he played here. It's a big reason the team moved on from him. He's solid when he's in the lineup. But he always had some kind of nagging injury issue. Never played a full season.

Return to The General NFL Board