ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,799

Re: Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding 

Post#21 » by Steelo Green » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:33 pm

Instant classic?
Album of the year?
MoMan24
Analyst
And1: 3,615

Post#22 » by MoMan24 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:39 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Badonkadonk wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:This post just hurts to reads from start to end.

In a year in which we have the following albums:

Freddie Gibbs - Bandana
Tyler the Creator - Igor
Quelle Chris - Guns
Little Simz - Grey Area
Anderson Paak - Ventura
Billy Woods - Hiding Places
Malibu Ken - Malibu Ken
Denzel Curry - ZUU
Little Brother - May the Lord Watch
Rapsody - Eve
And literally probably a hundred more albums, Post Malone isn’t anywhere **** near the AOTY let alone the hip-hop AOTY.

Thank you, beat me to it.

Music is subjective, I get it ... and I've seen rap/hip-hop/r&b evolve A LOT over the years, but my own personal opinion is that Post Malone puts out pure, unadulterated trash.

Agree, I’m a fan of all types of music and I have no issues with Pop Rap or Trap Music, but Post Malone is **** garbage.

He sounds like Quavo, Swae Lee and even a guy like French Montana is making more pop music now. There is a army of similar or identical artists making basically the same songs. I have twin little brothers and I laugh cause the songs sound the same and the subject matter is always the same. No offense to Post Malone, he has catchy songs but I know it's not something I would listen to a year from now. Just me personally if your over 25 or 30 you can do better music wise. Today I listened to Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye and Capital Punishment by Big Pun. I learned that the best music is found when you go backwards in time.
slimdiamante
Sophomore
And1: 190

Post#23 » by slimdiamante » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:41 pm

If this dude came out in the 90s, he would be called the "W" word. W****r. Don't know if that's an offensive word these days or not since everyone is hyper PC. Anyways, Post is another modern day entertainer who needs a cool haircut and tats to compromise for his average or below average talent.
jimross
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Post#24 » by jimross » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:46 pm

The two best albums for me if 2019 so far:

Saint Jhn - Ghetto Lennys love Songs
Freddie Gibbs - Bandana
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,929

Post#25 » by Ado05 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:46 pm

Is post malone even hip hop?
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,175

Post#26 » by LLJ » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:51 pm

She was 13, Karl. 13!
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 26,894

Post#27 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:00 pm

RoLo wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:And literally probably a hundred more albums, Post Malone isn’t anywhere **** near the AOTY let alone the hip-hop AOTY.

100 more albums? jesus the bitterness. he makes pop music. just say u dont like pop music. theres a reason why he sells out shows and those other guys do not.

I like pop music actually. Really enjoyed the new Carly Rae Jensen album and I do enjoy a lot of pop rap. So you’re argument just flew out the window
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#28 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:03 pm

MoMan24 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Badonkadonk wrote:Thank you, beat me to it.

Music is subjective, I get it ... and I've seen rap/hip-hop/r&b evolve A LOT over the years, but my own personal opinion is that Post Malone puts out pure, unadulterated trash.

Agree, I’m a fan of all types of music and I have no issues with Pop Rap or Trap Music, but Post Malone is **** garbage.

He sounds like Quavo, Swae Lee and even a guy like French Montana is making more pop music now. There is a army of similar or identical artists making basically the same songs. I have twin little brothers and I laugh cause the songs sound the same and the subject matter is always the same. No offense to Post Malone, he has catchy songs but I know it's not something I would listen to a year from now. Just me personally if your over 25 or 30 you can do better music wise. Today I listened to Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye and Capital Punishment by Big Pun. I learned that the best music is found when you go backwards in time.

That’s not true. There’s tons of great music out today just like there always has and always has been.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
jimross
Sixth Man

Post#29 » by jimross » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:08 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
MoMan24 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Agree, I’m a fan of all types of music and I have no issues with Pop Rap or Trap Music, but Post Malone is **** garbage.

That’s not true. There’s tons of great music out today just like there always has and always has been.

Yeee. You just have to look a little harder.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Post#30 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:23 pm

So much fun >>> hollywood's bleeding
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
RoLo
Senior
And1: 1,252

Post#31 » by RoLo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:24 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
RoLo wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:And literally probably a hundred more albums, Post Malone isn’t anywhere **** near the AOTY let alone the hip-hop AOTY.

100 more albums? jesus the bitterness. he makes pop music. just say u dont like pop music. theres a reason why he sells out shows and those other guys do not.

I like pop music actually. Really enjoyed the new Carly Rae Jensen album and I do enjoy a lot of pop rap. So you’re argument just flew out the window

I literally don't have an argument. I dont care either way. just find it amusing u have to be so hyperbolic to downplay someone. Whether its sports or music or whatever in life, u always have someone trying to tear you down. U killin that role sir
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Post#32 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:25 pm

Freddie Gibbs - Bandana
Tyler the Creator - Igor
Quelle Chris - Guns
Little Simz - Grey Area
Anderson Paak - Ventura
Malibu Ken - Malibu Ken
Denzel Curry - ZUU
Rapsody - Eve
And literally probably a hundred more albums, Post Malone isn’t anywhere **** near the AOTY let alone the hip-hop AOTY.

You should definitely check out the Mirrorland by EarthGang then. Dope album.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,134

Post#33 » by Dalek » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:30 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:

Freddie Gibbs - Bandana
Tyler the Creator - Igor
Quelle Chris - Guns
Little Simz - Grey Area
Anderson Paak - Ventura
Malibu Ken - Malibu Ken
Denzel Curry - ZUU
Rapsody - Eve

Any albums you'd suggest for a guy who loves old school hip hop but also R&B?

I tried the Tyler the creator stuff, was pretty decent but didn't hit home.

As for the OP, I'm a Post Malone fan too, I know a lot of people either love him or hate him. Looking forward to checking the album out.

Anderson Paak's previous album Malibu seems to resonate really well universally and definitely with the people I know that old heads. I also loved his 2014 album (i think debut?), Venice.

YBN Cordae - Lost Boy has a similar vibe to Paak, even has Paak on one of his released tracks. I'd say his sound is a bit more like older Acid Rap Chance the Rapper - bouncy and soulful hip hop. Honestly, this whole album just blew me away.

Also just want to mention Burna Boy. Afrobeat and hip hop and even reggae thrown in. I can just picture Serge Ibaka doing car karaoke to this album.

I think those two are my favorite albums of the year.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,525

Post#34 » by Syd-TK3 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:So much fun >>> hollywood's bleeding

I like post but so far thug probably at the top this year
ghuytro
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#35 » by ghuytro » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 pm

jimross wrote:The two best albums for me if 2019 so far:

Yes!!! I was worried how he'd follow-up Collection 1 but I like the album a lot.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#36 » by Red_Claw » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:04 pm

When's "Weird Al" coming out with a new album?
jimross
Sixth Man

Post#37 » by jimross » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:35 pm

ghuytro wrote:
jimross wrote:The two best albums for me if 2019 so far:

Yes!!! I was worried how he'd follow-up Collection 1 but I like the album a lot.

He really polished his sound on this one. I think it's just as good if not slightly better than Collection 1. Two straight projects with zero skippable songs is crazy especially in this day and age.

I have no idea how he hasn't blown up. Less than 275k IG followers is criminal.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#38 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:11 pm

RoLo wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
RoLo wrote:100 more albums? jesus the bitterness. he makes pop music. just say u dont like pop music. theres a reason why he sells out shows and those other guys do not.

I literally don't have an argument. I dont care either way. just find it amusing u have to be so hyperbolic to downplay someone. Whether its sports or music or whatever in life, u always have someone trying to tear you down. U killin that role sir

Lmao you don’t even know me.

Not sure how I downplayed anyone here except Post Malone. His music simply isn’t that good and is incredibly overrated.

Not really sure what you’re rambling on about :lol:
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#39 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:12 pm

Dalek wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:
Any albums you'd suggest for a guy who loves old school hip hop but also R&B?

I tried the Tyler the creator stuff, was pretty decent but didn't hit home.

As for the OP, I'm a Post Malone fan too, I know a lot of people either love him or hate him. Looking forward to checking the album out.

Anderson Paak's previous album Malibu seems to resonate really well universally and definitely with the people I know that old heads. I also loved his 2014 album (i think debut?), Venice.

YBN Cordae - Lost Boy has a similar vibe to Paak, even has Paak on one of his released tracks. I'd say his sound is a bit more like older Acid Rap Chance the Rapper - bouncy and soulful hip hop. Honestly, this whole album just blew me away.

Also just want to mention Burna Boy. Afrobeat and hip hop and even reggae thrown in. I can just picture Serge Ibaka doing car karaoke to this album.

I think those two are my favorite albums of the year.

Not in love with YBN but “RNP” with Paak is one of the best songs of the year. The way they work off each other is something special
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#40 » by SFour » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:39 pm

I like his music...I wouldn't call it album of the year or anything like that though...I consider his music to be a mix of pop/hip hop similar to Drake, it would be dumb to compare him to old school hip hop or lyrical rappers.

Return to Toronto Raptors