ImageImageImageImageImage

The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,933

Re: The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1501 » by Stannis » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:58 pm

That's some passion. We should start playing the French national anthem before our games
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1502 » by Stannis » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:59 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:
Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This dude Smh

Damn he really be on twitter having full blown convos with fans lol. I like that. Wish more guys did that

That could honestly be another burner of his lol
Free Palestine
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,386

Post#1503 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:10 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,441

Post#1504 » by KnicksGod » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:16 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Even one of KD's burner accounts is joining the club

Another guy quasi-obsessed with the Knicks but wouldn't take the risk of joining them.
offense
RealGM
And1: 4,361

Post#1505 » by offense » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:18 pm

Stannis wrote:
NYKnickerbocker wrote:
Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This dude Smh

Damn he really be on twitter having full blown convos with fans lol. I like that. Wish more guys did that

what do you mean? you think he forgot to change his account?
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1506 » by Stannis » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:24 pm

offense wrote:
Stannis wrote:
NYKnickerbocker wrote:Damn he really be on twitter having full blown convos with fans lol. I like that. Wish more guys did that

Initially that's what I thought.

but I'm probably wrong. I thought he meant "He's still on the Knicks" as a slight aka "He's still doomed".
Free Palestine
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,518

Post#1507 » by NYKnickerbocker » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:26 pm

Stannis wrote:
offense wrote:
Stannis wrote:That could honestly be another burner of his lol

but I'm probably wrong. I thought he meant "He's still on the Knicks" as a slight aka "He's still doomed".

That’s how I read it at first lol
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1508 » by Stannis » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:31 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:
Stannis wrote:
offense wrote:what do you mean? you think he forgot to change his account?

Either way...

1) He's on the Nets talking to Knick fans about the Knicks. Why? Is he trying to ease the Knick-Nets rivalry because he knows majority of this city is going hate him like crazy, lol?

2) Or he is talking chit and forgot but forgot to switch accounts
Free Palestine
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,441

Post#1509 » by KnicksGod » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Stannis wrote:
NYKnickerbocker wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Either way...

1) He's on the Nets talking to Knick fans about the Knicks. Why? Is he trying to ease the Knick-Nets rivalry because he knows majority of this city is going hate him like crazy, lol?

2) Or he is talking chit and forgot but forgot to switch accounts

I think he is just talking ball and being a NYC kind of guy.

Something about KD makes me feel a little bad for him tbh. To be very honest. He should have more joy at this point in his life. Maybe he just doesn't like the media but there's something off there. I can't root for him as a fan but hope he's okay.
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#1510 » by remi_222 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:46 pm

19 yrs after we bring vengence for Fred Weis' murder !!!
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1511 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:55 pm

back then they didnt want me, now im hot they all on me.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,318

Post#1512 » by Clyde Frazier » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:01 pm

Stannis wrote:That's some passion. We should start playing the French national anthem before our games

The passion he displayed was awesome. I don't think anyone's ever questioned his effort, but seeing him happy and into it was definitely encouraging. International play for young players can really have a great effect on them going into the next season.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,884

Post#1513 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:04 pm

This is why I wanted him to play for the French team last summer. He just needs to get out on the court and play. It’s good to see him improving how he reacts on the court. If frank hits his jumpers and attacks the paint like that I can easily see him stealing Payton’s back up job. I’ll gladly eat crow he can keep this up during the season. Does anyone have his FIBA stats so far?
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#1514 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:04 pm

taj2133 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Cmon man. We were bad and he’s a kid. You have to go through the growing pains with most kids. Most kids aren’t as game ready as guys who’ve been in the league for years.

The other thing to consider is what Fizz values. Take Melo for example. Dantoni wanted him traded in his prime. Right now he could walk into a gym and murder many NBA players but for some reason the fact that he could do that doesnt change his circumstances. Now theres enough posts talking about the why behind it, that's not my goal here but just to state it's not providing percieved value.

Well for Frank, how do you define a good game. Let's take this game for example. Luckily for Frank he scored in double digits to temporarily silence haters but what was his real value to this game..........shutting down Kemba Walker and I'd argue it should be placed in order of importance right behind Forniers 30pts. And let's say instead of scoring double digits he passed up those shots to another teammate who scored and that person scored those points, but he still played the sane defense and got the win?

And that's my issue with the Knicks. In the perfect world youd have 14 players who can all score and defend at the same time. But we have plenty of players who can't defend and seemingly dont get any hate and funny thing is, youd think that with all this freedom Fiz gives to iso scorers that one of them would average 20. Nope, most give you nothing on defense to them average a measly 12-13 points. But its Frank who has to justify his play.

Then we all know Fizz don't run any system so what exactly are we truly judging him on? His ability to outscore others in a system less program? Might as well call in JR Smith and Corey Maggette. These guys wouldve proven themselves to be the next Michael Jordan under that context. Wins surely didnt matter.

I just dont value what the guys who beat him out are to a team, once that team decides to run real plays with the expectation of winning games. And I think the moment you start doing that Frank would prove to be more valuable

Frank is the number 8 pick in his draft class he is lottery pick there expectation especially in nyc to produce him scoring 5 points is not acceptable. The expectation that i had was for frank to score 10 points ,5 assist, on 40 percent shooting that's wasn't some high expectation for him to do that. When your drafted that high you are expected to produce and quickly especially in nyc if frank was in small market team like charlotte where expectation aren't that high would let him develop him slowly. I will give you example lonzo ball had high expectation in big market team in Los Angles and didn't product to the lakers standards and shipped him out to new orleans where the expectation in new orleans aren't that high for ball and he can focus on basketball. I will give you another example look at fultz getting traded from the sixers to the orlando magic he didn't produce with the sixers and hasn't had chance to produce yet with orlando a small market team that going to take time develop fultz .

I get you. At the end of the day Frank never shouldve been drafted there. But my concern is whether or not a player can help, not whether or not he lives up to a draft pick.

On a secondary level my concern is exactly what you said or implied that the Knicks simy are incapable of building a player from nothing to something. It's why players dont get better here and why players who initially start out better here get overhyped. Allonzo Trier is supposed to look good compared to our lottery picks. Our lottery picks were picked based on thier potential, Trier was a 4 yr college scorer who hasnt been asked to do anything outside of what hes done for the previous 4 yrs and mastered in that time. Maybe the Knicks should only draft 4 yr college players if they arent prepared to develop anybody.
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#1515 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:04 pm

Idk if this was posted. i didnt see it.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#1516 » by El Poochio » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:09 pm

Wtf KD trying to hop on the Frank wagon ACCESS DENIED

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,271

Post#1517 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:09 pm

Milk wrote:

I just watched that last three (0:50 mark) by Frank 10 times to be sure I was seeing what I thought I saw.

That pump fake and side dribble into a strong jump with full extension shot over the outreached hands was not something he ever did before. Faced with that pressure in the past he would look for someone to give the ball to. But he shaked and baked. He's changing. For the better.
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#1518 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:12 pm

Nice video breakdown of frank . 14 mins worth. Im only 4 mins in, but its all about frank so far for the most part.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,518

Post#1519 » by NYKnickerbocker » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:20 pm

Like how he’s using his long ass arms to extend his finishes. Doesn’t have to get all the way to the rim most the times. Just puts it up an over guys

Hope he sticks
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1520 » by dakomish23 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:25 pm

Stannis wrote:
offense wrote:
Stannis wrote:That could honestly be another burner of his lol

He wouldn’t be wrong :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks