Getting to forum from realgm.com

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,396

Getting to forum from realgm.com 

Post#1 » by MartyConlonJr » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:47 am

Hi, not sure if this has been posted, but I've always accessed the site from the main page, first looking at the wiretap, then clicking the forum button to proceed to forums. Recently this changed so the buttons were larger (meaning I had to scroll). A slight inconvenience but ok. Definitely a step backwards.

But now when you click that button the icons disappear and you don't go to the forum!? Instead you then have to click menu and then select a forum and if you want to get to a team one you have to remember the division they are in!?

Best to please go back to the old size links that you could access direct and that worked.

I am on an android Samsung galaxy 9 (I think). OS probably latest version
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 227

Re: Getting to forum from realgm.com 

Post#2 » by CR Reina » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:51 am

MartyConlonJr wrote:Hi, not sure if this has been posted, but I've always accessed the site from the main page, first looking at the wiretap, then clicking the forum button to proceed to forums. Recently this changed so the buttons were larger (meaning I had to scroll). A slight inconvenience but ok. Definitely a step backwards.

But now when you click that button the icons disappear and you don't go to the forum!? Instead you then have to click menu and then select a forum and if you want to get to a team one you have to remember the division they are in!?

Best to please go back to the old size links that you could access direct and that worked.

Thanks for the feedback. If you click on 'Basketball Forums' within the menu bar it takes you to the splash page. We're not seeing any issues, however, with the scrolling functionality. You're unable to scroll and click on the forum diamond or is there some sory of error?
MartyConlonJr
General Manager

Post#3 » by MartyConlonJr » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:08 am

CR Reina wrote:
MartyConlonJr wrote:Hi, not sure if this has been posted, but I've always accessed the site from the main page, first looking at the wiretap, then clicking the forum button to proceed to forums. Recently this changed so the buttons were larger (meaning I had to scroll). A slight inconvenience but ok. Definitely a step backwards.

Thanks for the feedback. If you click on 'Basketball Forums' within the menu bar it takes you to the splash page. We're not seeing any issues, however, with the scrolling functionality. You're unable to scroll and click on the forum diamond or is there some sory of error?

If I am on the main page www.realgm.com with the wiretap, there will be the realgm logo, then basketball, football, baseball, soccer and hockey logos. If i drag left, I can see the forum logo. If i tap the forum logo, then all the basketball, football, baseball, soccer, hockey and forum (and everything after) logos disappear (panel background goes black). The realgm logo remains.

If I scroll down then back up, the logos all return. If I click on the forum logo again, it disappears again as before. Same thing happens if you select the other buttons e.g. soccer
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » by CR Reina » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:40 am

We'll see if we can fix this ASAP.
MartyConlonJr
General Manager

Post#5 » by MartyConlonJr » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:52 pm

CR Reina wrote:We'll see if we can fix this ASAP.

This looks to work now
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#6 » by CR Reina » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:16 pm

MartyConlonJr wrote:

This looks to work now

Cool. We fixed it late last week. Thanks again for letting us know about the issue.
MartyConlonJr
General Manager

Post#7 » by MartyConlonJr » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:29 pm

CR Reina wrote:
MartyConlonJr wrote:

This looks to work now

Cool. We fixed it late last week. Thanks again for letting us know about the issue.

No worries, thanks for the time taken to quickly fix the issue and it also seems I can click the forum without scrolling across now which is a good result.

So thanks for the quick turnaround!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Post#8 » by Howard Mass » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:48 pm

We are here to help.

If there are any other issues, I'll alert CR Reina.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions