ImageImageImageImage

Hurricane Dorian

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Re: Hurricane Dorian 

Post#61 » by basketballRob » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:00 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I have searched all search engines and can only find Charley as only hurricane with winds over 100mph to ever hit Orlando. Is this true?

If so, Orlando never really got hit by another hurricane.
Yeah I did the same research and the record in Seminole county was 102 mph with Charlie.

If we get hit with heavy rains it'll be a disaster on I-4. I don't think they've figured out how to drain all the water from a major storm yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
uraverage
Rookie
And1: 453

Post#62 » by uraverage » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:29 am

basketballRob wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I have searched all search engines and can only find Charley as only hurricane with winds over 100mph to ever hit Orlando. Is this true?

Yeah I did the same research and the record in Seminole county was 102 mph with Charlie.

If we get hit with heavy rains it'll be a disaster on I-4. I don't think they've figured out how to drain all the water from a major storm yet.

So true maitland blvd is a mess when it rains.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#63 » by basketballRob » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:35 am

uraverage wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

So true maitland blvd is a mess when it rains.
I thought Maitland Blvd would be elevated enough not to flood. It's the interstate that might get some serious flooding in a tropical storm, like the one we may get this weekend.

uraverage
Rookie
And1: 453

Post#64 » by uraverage » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:40 am

Yes its higher than I4 but with all the construction on the road they have trapped a lot of water. 10"with no where to go is high to me.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#65 » by basketballRob » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:03 pm

Both of the lows are trending towards taking more of a Dorian path now.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5

Return to Orlando Magic