ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#1081 » by emunney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:45 pm

I think Fringe was the last network drama I watched.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,943

Post#1082 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:37 am

I need to watch Fringe and Hannibal for the second time soon.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,561

Post#1083 » by blazza18 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:18 am

I gotta do Fringe again soon too. Was looking into buying it on blu ray just recently.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,173

Post#1084 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:05 am

Anyone watch Bill Burr’s new hour on Netflix? Thoughts? Reactions? I’m only halfway through.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#1085 » by stellation » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:51 am

If anyone out there runs a small business can I suggest the reality series Nathan For You?
#FreeChuckDiesel
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,879

Post#1086 » by RiotPunch » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:06 am

stellation wrote:If anyone out there runs a small business can I suggest the reality series Nathan For You?

Not trying to tip my LA hat, but tippity tip tip tip, I see Nathan most weeks in my neighborhood and he is a delight. I was a Nathan For You fan well before I moved out here, but damn, I am a bigger fan now after meeting him.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#1087 » by stellation » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:26 am

RiotPunch wrote:
stellation wrote:If anyone out there runs a small business can I suggest the reality series Nathan For You?

Not trying to tip my LA hat, but tippity tip tip tip, I see Nathan most weeks in my neighborhood and he is a delight. I was a Nathan For You fan well before I moved out here, but damn, I am a bigger fan now after meeting him.

Supreme ain't got nuttin' on you, my man!
#FreeChuckDiesel
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#1088 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:41 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:Anyone watch Bill Burr’s new hour on Netflix? Thoughts? Reactions? I’m only halfway through.

I've never been a Bill Burr fan. Usually "give him a chance" and end up turning off his stand up well before it ends. But I legitimately, and surprisingly, enjoyed his latest special. Actually laughed out loud numerous times. Something that hasn't happened with his past performances.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#1089 » by tydett » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:41 pm

I also keep telling myself that I need to rewatch Fringe. There is some good taste on this board.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1090 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:33 pm

I can't believe I hadn't heard of this until now:

Rian Johnson! That cast!

Currently at 100% on RT after 43(!) reviews.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#1091 » by emunney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:35 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I can't believe I hadn't heard of this until now:

Rian Johnson! That cast!

Currently at 100% on RT after 43(!) reviews.

Hopefully it doesn't subvert the Knives Out extended universe canon or there will be KEYBOARDS TO PAY
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1092 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:15 pm

It's fun to watch the pilot of Fringe again and see how completely jammed pack with everything FRINGE it was.

FYI it's streaming on IMDB TV (something I didn't know existed before today), and it's available as a channel for free on Amazon Prime Video.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,173

Post#1093 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:20 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:Anyone watch Bill Burr’s new hour on Netflix? Thoughts? Reactions? I’m only halfway through.

I've never been a Bill Burr fan. Usually "give him a chance" and end up turning off his stand up well before it ends. But I legitimately, and surprisingly, enjoyed his latest special. Actually laughed out loud numerous times. Something that hasn't happened with his past performances.

I just finished the latest one and it was tight. It was race and gender from the perspective of a white male which was interesting. Some of it I didn't agree with but still laughed which is a good sign to me that the comedy worked. He spoke his truth (some I believe was the truth, but that's, like, my opinion) which is become more and more rare these days with so much backlash from every angle.

If you can get through the first 15 minutes or so and the Michelle Obama bit you will be rewarded. To view it as a 'take down of PC culture' is myopic. I found his set nuanced and layered. Was it perfect? No, but I'm enjoying his evolution.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,121

Post#1094 » by DingleJerry » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:53 pm

Bill Burr is one of my favorites for sure. If you're a fan and haven't seen it yet I'd recommend F is For Family on Netflix. Its an animated show with him as the cranky dad, basically playing himself (or at least his stand up type 'self'). Set in the 70s in suburban america.

Haven't seen his or Dave's new specials yet though, definitely on my list. Spent the last week doing the latest Handmaids. I saw a lot of negativity towards it when it was coming out as if it went off the rails and I didn't get that at all and thought it was right in line with previous seasons. I of course have plenty of nitpicks and everything but just saying if you thought the previous was good or liked it, there isn't really anything crazily out of line or different. Good show overall and main character's acting is top notch.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,728

Post#1095 » by Licensed to Il » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:53 pm

stellation wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

Nathan For You is incredible. He is not only one step ahead of the joke (and everyone else) at all times, he can pull off something really unique in making you laugh in a guilty/mean way, then somehow flip the whole construct and make some redemptive point.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#1096 » by Licensed to Il » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:54 pm

“Peanut Butter Falcon” has a dumb name, but is very enjoyable, if you are in to empathy and inclusion.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,690

Post#1097 » by HaroldinGMinor » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:56 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:
stellation wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Not trying to tip my LA hat, but tippity tip tip tip, I see Nathan most weeks in my neighborhood and he is a delight. I was a Nathan For You fan well before I moved out here, but damn, I am a bigger fan now after meeting him.

Nathan For You is incredible. He is not only one step ahead of the joke (and everyone else) at all times, he can pull off something really unique in making you laugh in a guilty/mean way, then somehow flip the whole construct and make some redemptive point.

Friend of mine did some work on that show, met Tim Heidecker, did more work for him and now she is nominated for an Emmy for editing on the latest Sasha Baron Cohen show.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#1098 » by Licensed to Il » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:56 pm

Beorn wrote:
Licensed to Il wrote:
Beorn wrote:Anyone seen the Terror? Thinking about giving it a go, have neard blasting review from a friend I usually trust regarding series

Season 1, or season 2?

just finished s01e01, looks promising so far

It was one of my favorite shows of the last few years, though I’m not sure I could describe the genre. Historical fantasy? Sci Fi Biography Fiction? Regardless, I thought it was captivating. Also, my father in law is Danish and talks just like the captain (and is also usually drunk).
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#1099 » by El Duderino » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:27 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:

Burr is one of my all time favorite stand up comedians, especially his earlier stuff.

These were some clips of a young Bill Burr which first got me into him.

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,212

Post#1100 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:45 pm

jschligs wrote:Apologize if it has been discussed, but Who Murdered Garrett Phillips on HBO was a great 2 (lengthy) episode murder documentary. Highly recommended.

Watched this the past couple of days, very good.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks