Forum Mod
And1: 64,605

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#461 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:07 am

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Grimes

Quentin from Kansas? expecting a big year from him?

he's in Houston now, but yea, huge year.

Did he get a waiver? Isn't he sitting out this year?
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#462 » by clyde21 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:24 am

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

shows how out the loop I've been. talent over there or we talking one man show?

they have talent for sure, they'll make the tournament comfortably.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#463 » by clyde21 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:25 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

he's from the Houston area so he doesnt have to sit out a year apparently.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#464 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:34 am

clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

This says he is sitting out

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/KU-baskeball-Quentin-Grimes-Houston-transfer-officially-announced-133443759/
clyde21
RealGM

Post#465 » by clyde21 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:40 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/KU-baskeball-Quentin-Grimes-Houston-transfer-officially-announced-133443759/

he's on the roster for them for the 19-20 season :-?

https://uhcougars.com/roster.aspx?roster=179&path=mbball

maybe i was confused argh, really needed him in this class.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#466 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:46 am

clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

he's on the roster for them for the 19-20 season :-?

https://uhcougars.com/roster.aspx?roster=179&path=mbball

and he just dropped 22/10 for them against LCC:

https://uhcougars.com/news/2019/8/13/quentin-grimes-leads-houston-mens-basketball-in-win-over-lcc-university.aspx

Transfers and redshirts can play in exhibition games.

Houston's website says he is out for the year as well.

https://uhcougars.com/news/2019/7/5/mens-basketball-guard-quentin-grimes-joins-houston.aspx
clyde21
RealGM

Post#467 » by clyde21 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:53 am

Duke4life831 wrote:

https://uhcougars.com/news/2019/7/5/mens-basketball-guard-quentin-grimes-joins-houston.aspx

bummer
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#468 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:03 am

clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

bummer

He must have gotten some really bad feedback from NBA guys if he was willing to transfer to sit out the year and basically take him out of next year's draft as well.
gorz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,603

Post#469 » by gorz » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:41 am

What is udoka azubuike draft prospecs looking like? Im shocked to discover hes only 19 not bc he's going into his senior yr but the fact that he looks much older. Somebody need to check his birth certificate asap. :lol:
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#470 » by Stillwater » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:28 pm

gorz wrote:What is udoka azubuike draft prospecs looking like? Im shocked to discover hes only 19 not bc he's going into his senior yr but the fact that he looks much older. Somebody need to check his birth certificate asap. :lol:

i think he looks old but he also is not a highly recruited prospect at this point given his injuries among other things
luckily for him he was never more than a dunk machine anyway and is getting an education
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#471 » by Marcus » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:26 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

bummer

He must have gotten some really bad feedback from NBA guys if he was willing to transfer to sit out the year and basically take him out of next year's draft as well.

and that might be a tough draft to drag a first round contract out of.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#472 » by Marcus » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:27 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

bummer

who you got 3rd now?
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
clyde21
RealGM

Post#473 » by clyde21 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:31 pm

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

bummer

who you got 3rd now?

most likely Anthony Edwards
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#474 » by Marcus » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:32 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
bummer

who you got 3rd now?

what gives Scottie the edge over Antman for you?
Watch More Basketball

youngWizzy
Rookie
And1: 481

Post#475 » by youngWizzy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:50 am

What' are some thoughts on Precious Achiuwa at Memphis?
Twitter: @youngwizzydfs
clyde21
RealGM

Post#476 » by clyde21 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:31 am

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
who you got 3rd now?

better motor, much better defender, longer, more versatile on the wings, Edwards, energy comes and goes, doesn't really bring it defensively but is obviously a much better creator on-ball at this point...admittedly I am much higher on Lewis than most people at this point.

tbh, it doesn't look like this class is going to have that true #1 pick IMO a la '17
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#477 » by BostonCouchGM » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:07 pm

nolang1 wrote:
Fischella wrote:It's about the type of athlete you are, I am not talking about Wiseman's body, just his hops, that's difficult to change or improve upon, he might but he is very much like Damian Jones there, good athlete yeah, even really good for his dimensions, but still needs time to exert his athleticism, reaction time and IQ are often times more important and his are not great imo

He sucks for a guy being projected to get picked 1st overall, so yeah, ofc if he were the 70th ranked recruit and not expected to even be a OAD the story would be much different, not sure what your point is (?)

Why would it be much different? High school accolades should have no bearing on someone's draft stock. He's the longest and most athletic big in the draft, is the best finisher overall, and has the most shot-blocking potential. You'd have to point me to a place that considers him some sort of generational prospect or in his own tier as the #1 pick. He's just one of the guys in the mix for #1 in another weak draft, and even having him #1 is going to be a more accurate assessment than thinking he's a borderline lotto pick or like Skal Labissiere.

I have no idea where the 'that's difficult to change or improve upon' blanket statement comes from; it's quite common that long, skinny guys who are still growing into their bodies look more explosive when they add some muscle/core strength. That's exactly what happened during summer league and everyone was acting like it was some crazy surprise there too.

He's continued to get stronger and develop skill-wise throughout his high school career (people bizarrely seem to discount that the McDonald's/Hoop Summit practices and games are where he's looked the best when they're the most recent data points for players who are all still a work in progress). I'm of the minority opinion that if someone is the kind of elite finisher who can shoot 70 plus percent from the field, I'm fine with them focusing on rim running, lobs, offensive rebounds, and some simple post moves rather than trying to be a point guard, but Wiseman has a solid amount of skill for a young big. He's comfortable flashing to mid-range jumpers and makes some nice plays in transition both with handling the ball and making outlet passes.

wait, what? People actually think this is a weak draft? smh. This might be even better than the all time greats like 2017 and 2018. Seems like the people who spend the most time in these draft forums are the very worst at evaluating prospects and prognostication.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#478 » by Stillwater » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:30 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
Fischella wrote:It's about the type of athlete you are, I am not talking about Wiseman's body, just his hops, that's difficult to change or improve upon, he might but he is very much like Damian Jones there, good athlete yeah, even really good for his dimensions, but still needs time to exert his athleticism, reaction time and IQ are often times more important and his are not great imo

He sucks for a guy being projected to get picked 1st overall, so yeah, ofc if he were the 70th ranked recruit and not expected to even be a OAD the story would be much different, not sure what your point is (?)

Why would it be much different? High school accolades should have no bearing on someone's draft stock. He's the longest and most athletic big in the draft, is the best finisher overall, and has the most shot-blocking potential. You'd have to point me to a place that considers him some sort of generational prospect or in his own tier as the #1 pick. He's just one of the guys in the mix for #1 in another weak draft, and even having him #1 is going to be a more accurate assessment than thinking he's a borderline lotto pick or like Skal Labissiere.

I have no idea where the 'that's difficult to change or improve upon' blanket statement comes from; it's quite common that long, skinny guys who are still growing into their bodies look more explosive when they add some muscle/core strength. That's exactly what happened during summer league and everyone was acting like it was some crazy surprise there too.

He's continued to get stronger and develop skill-wise throughout his high school career (people bizarrely seem to discount that the McDonald's/Hoop Summit practices and games are where he's looked the best when they're the most recent data points for players who are all still a work in progress). I'm of the minority opinion that if someone is the kind of elite finisher who can shoot 70 plus percent from the field, I'm fine with them focusing on rim running, lobs, offensive rebounds, and some simple post moves rather than trying to be a point guard, but Wiseman has a solid amount of skill for a young big. He's comfortable flashing to mid-range jumpers and makes some nice plays in transition both with handling the ball and making outlet passes.

wait, what? People actually think this is a weak draft? smh. This might be even better than the all time greats like 2017 and 2018. Seems like the people who spend the most time in these draft forums are the very worst at evaluating prospects and prognostication.

It is way to early for anyone to make sound judgements on the next draft class in general and definitely too soon to say it is weak or better than most. So you're comments about people who frequent these threads as being bad at evaluating prospects holds no merit whatsoever. I do think anyone could justifiably speculate based on the limited info to date their confidence in one player or another .but for the people claiming the draft class is better than most already when there isn't even a clear cut #1 prospect yet even based on hype alone there isn't...and there usually is by this time,so if that doesn't suggest its historically trending towards being a weaker class nothing does even though there is no definitive basis for either case this soon.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
clyde21
RealGM

Post#479 » by clyde21 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:41 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
nolang1 wrote:

wait...which are u talking about? 2020? :-?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#480 » by Marcus » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:00 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

better motor, much better defender, longer, more versatile on the wings, Edwards, energy comes and goes, doesn't really bring it defensively but is obviously a much better creator on-ball at this point...admittedly I am much higher on Lewis than most people at this point.

tbh, it doesn't look like this class is going to have that true #1 pick IMO a la '17

yeah the more i look into this class the more i see it as a "fit" draft. The guards are all over the place in terms of talent and exposure with so much of that talent being overseas. The bigs are questionable in a variety of ways and the wings need a standout. This should be one of those seasons (especially since the talent is spread out) where no Mock shares the same throughout and the names bounce all over the place as the season goes on.
Watch More Basketball

Return to NBA Draft