ImageImageImageImageImage

Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,651

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#161 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:22 pm

blueNorange wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:so the answer is no team right?

because he's not a team player, can't be coached, refuses to be coached, wants to chuck and duck like his entire career.

I answered the question and you proved yet again why you will take anything as validation of your beliefs.

2019-20 - nobody wants melo
2018-19 - rockets got rid of melo
2017-18 - thunder got rid of melo
2016-17 - knicks got rid of melo
This is it. He isn't a catch and shoot player. He isn't a standstill three point shooter and he can't be your main guy. So that makes it impossible to justify picking up a Carmelo.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#162 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:10 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:He violated Mills lols. Mills do seem like he try too hard.

He really did. I don’t think it’s fair he question the man’s “Blackness” without substantiating it some.

In an ironic spin for Mr Rose particularly it’s like calling someone weak or a quitter without context or consideration—which the Knicks (at least publicly) didn’t when he upped and left without notifying the team.

Some things you don’t question out loud in the media brother.

Is Mills not enough of a brotherman because he didn’t resign Rose to a gajillion Dolandollars?

Kinda unfair for Rose to throw that out there like that.
Unfair and irresponsible.
That’s bigger than hooping.

He was pointing out that Mills used the fact that he is also black to be cool with him while knowing that behind his back he does snake ****, which Mills does do because he is Dolan's puppet, the guy who reports back to him...his agenda is clear, his position in Dolans organization, the fact that he holds a position when he isn't even needed, makes that clear, no matter how many times he says "hey brothaman!!!" and tries to fist bump Derrick Rose in the hallways.

Believe it or not, there are many people in this world that don't support somebody who they feel is doing wrong, regardless of them being the same color as them, and they do show love to people who show it back....regardless of their color. It's called judging people individually.

Anyway, don't be a blind, black tinted glasses wearing ignorant fool in support of your people...there are **** amongst all of us. You help the cause of your people by picking and calling the bad apples out to make the rest of you better, more united, not by putting a veil over them in fear that they will make the rest of you look bad, divided. Isn't this what you want with policing? How about, I say, with **** people in general? That'll be even better, we'll start weeding all the **** people out, regardless of color, employment, political or religious affiliation.

As a Muslim, I know this all too well. Try it, Blackfeet...but I digress, your screen name coupled with the fact that you're questioning somebody that was around Mills and believing what you ASSUME just because "he's one of ours" tells me what your mindset is.

Power to the people, yada yada yada.
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#163 » by prophet_of_rage » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:10 pm

RiseOfTheEmpire wrote:
BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:He violated Mills lols. Mills do seem like he try too hard.

He really did. I don’t think it’s fair he question the man’s “Blackness” without substantiating it some.

In an ironic spin for Mr Rose particularly it’s like calling someone weak or a quitter without context or consideration—which the Knicks (at least publicly) didn’t when he upped and left without notifying the team.

Some things you don’t question out loud in the media brother.

Is Mills not enough of a brotherman because he didn’t resign Rose to a gajillion Dolandollars?

Kinda unfair for Rose to throw that out there like that.
Unfair and irresponsible.
That’s bigger than hooping.

He was pointing out that Mills used the fact that he is also black to be cool with him while knowing that behind his back he does snake ****, which Mills does do because he is Dolan's puppet, the guy who reports back to him...his agenda is clear, his position in Dolans organization, the fact that he holds a position when he isn't even needed, makes that clear, no matter how many times he says "hey brothaman!!!" and tries to fist bump Derrick Rose in the hallways.

Believe it or not, there are many people in this world that don't support somebody who they feel is doing wrong, regardless of them being the same color as them, and they do show love to people who show it back....regardless of their color. It's called judging people individually.

Anyway, don't be a blind, black tinted glasses wearing ignorant fool in support of your people...there are **** amongst all of us. You help the cause of your people by picking and calling the bad apples out to make the rest of you better, more united, not by putting a veil over them in fear that they will make the rest of you look bad, divided. Isn't this what you want with policing? How about, I say, with **** people in general? That'll be even better, we'll start weeding all the **** people out, regardless of color, employment, political or religious affiliation.

As a Muslim, I know this all too well. Try it, Blackfeet...but I digress, your screen name coupled with the fact that you're questioning somebody that was around Mills and believing what you ASSUME just because "he's one of ours" tells me what your mindset is.

Power to the people, yada yada yada.
Wow. You think between Steve Mills and Derrick Rose Derrick Rose is better for the people?

ellobo
Veteran
And1: 4,477

Post#164 » by ellobo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:29 pm

Fuq Derrick Rose.

That is all.
Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Yesterday I was lying; today I'm telling the truth.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,998

Post#165 » by Capn'O » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:04 pm

Melo does look trim. I hope a team does pick him up.

I don't have a huge ax to grind so would be happy for him if it works. If it doesn't, I always enjoy a good world burning.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#166 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:30 am

You.can't sign Melo. Melo isn't Vince or even DWade who gracefully faded. Melo needs shots to be Melo and he wants to contribute not be a mentor.

JustinJohnson
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#167 » by JustinJohnson » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:19 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:This will be fun

https://nypost.com/2019/09/07/derrick-rose-phil-jacksons-meddling-doomed-my-knicks/

Steve Mills is talking all this black dude stuff with me, like we’re brothers and all this. He’s saying that s–t, making me think it’s going to make us closer. Come on, be yourself.

Spoiler:

Loooool
ny-n-md
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Post#168 » by ny-n-md » Fri May 1, 2020 2:00 am

D Rose is oblivious to his part he played in that season. He seemed to be putting it all on Melo and the triangle while not even mentioning Porzingis as a piece on that team. He missed countless opportunities to pass the ball to a wide open KP which drove me crazy. His once in a while acrobatic layups did nothing for me. He was insignificant here and I don’t even know why he devoted a chapter to NY.
JUST PLAY THE KIDS ALREADY!!!!!

Return to New York Knicks