ImageImageImageImageImage

The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Re: The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1581 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:37 pm

Stannis wrote:Some people are saying not to over exaggerate or get ahead of ourselves, since it's one game. Part of me feels that way.

However, it just seems one of those thing in life where things finally *click*.

Frank's biggest issues were always lack of confidence, motivation, and hunger. It was like he was overthinking all the time and making things overly complicated. If things finally turn around, this game will be the defining moment of where things finally *clicked* for him. That is why Frank fans are excited.

I'm still skeptical though. With all the rentals we got this offseason, there still isn't enough minutes for Frank. I don't think Pills and Fiz will ever be high on Frank. And there's still development to be done, which isn't Fiz's strong suit.

Frank is going to look great as a Spur. Wouldnt be surprised if SA gives us a protected first for him.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,405

Post#1582 » by robillionaire » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:47 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Stannis wrote:Some people are saying not to over exaggerate or get ahead of ourselves, since it's one game. Part of me feels that way.

However, it just seems one of those thing in life where things finally *click*.

Frank's biggest issues were always lack of confidence, motivation, and hunger. It was like he was overthinking all the time and making things overly complicated. If things finally turn around, this game will be the defining moment of where things finally *clicked* for him. That is why Frank fans are excited.

I'm still skeptical though. With all the rentals we got this offseason, there still isn't enough minutes for Frank. I don't think Pills and Fiz will ever be high on Frank. And there's still development to be done, which isn't Fiz's strong suit.

Frank is going to look great as a Spur. Wouldnt be surprised if SA gives us a protected first for him.

The Spurs will just wait until next summer and sign him as a free agent
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#1583 » by blanko » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Dsj frank and rj. Payton coming off the bench with iso zo.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#1584 » by remi_222 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:54 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:Frank still looks awkward on many layups, also in this game. Can't overlook this.

i agree ! But we all can see that its better than his rookie season ! Also he keeps growing so he has to adapt to his brand you freakin body month after month :) Thats why he needs to provok more contact with his lenght ! Would be a formidable offensive package combined with shooting skills !
Its the next step, lets just enjoy slowly but surely!

Frank sees your love New Yorkers !
remi_222
Pro Prospect

Post#1585 » by remi_222 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:56 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
GONYK wrote:Frank is the only Knick youth who has experienced a game of this level of importance and rose to the occasion.

This was like a playoff game, and Frank hit possibly the two biggest shots in his country's history.

It were important shots but there’s no need to exaggerate things. France has had many more important wins that this QF. Nobody was afraid of this years USA.

That’s no exaggeration. You watch the video I posted above. You might learn something.

To be honest we were not affraid of this team he's right ! Look at the game vs Serbia : no team experience, no team chemistry ! Why should we be affraid of names ???
Real french bball fans know that we had a chance ! For the rest of the country its UNBELIEVABLE !!!
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#1586 » by god shammgod » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:59 pm

i know it's a joke and all, the knicks are dumb and the spurs are smart so they'll recognize frank's greatness or whatever. but the spurs already have 2 young guards (murray & white) who are both very good defenders and are better players than frank. he's not starting there. then they have lonnie walker and patty mills. he'll be fighting for minutes there too. and they're a playoff team, they don't have time to be patient with frank during games they're trying to win.
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#1587 » by Blockwatcher » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:02 pm

A lot of people here think fiz hates frank, i cant see it. No coach can hate the type of player or person frank is. If he can carry this confidence into practice theres no way this coach cant find a way to use him.
1 John 2 : 15-17
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,559

Post#1588 » by Bob8 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:05 pm

remi_222 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
It were important shots but there’s no need to exaggerate things. France has had many more important wins that this QF. Nobody was afraid of this years USA.

That’s no exaggeration. You watch the video I posted above. You might learn something.

To be honest we were not affraid of this team he's right ! Look at the game vs Serbia : no team experience, no team chemistry ! Why should we be affraid of names ???
Real french bball fans know that we had a chance ! For the rest of the country its UNBELIEVABLE !!!

Yes, nobody was afraid of this USA. They have lost against France, Serbia and Australia in preparations and should have lost against Turkey too. Their best win in this WC is against Czech, who are nobody in basketball.
remi_222
Pro Prospect

Post#1589 » by remi_222 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:11 pm

Blockwatcher wrote:A lot of people here think fiz hates frank, i cant see it. No coach can hate the type of player or person frank is. If he can carry this confidence into practice theres no way this coach cant find a way to use him.

absolutely ! Next season is the one to confirm if Fiz is a good coach or not !
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Post#1590 » by Stannis » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:13 pm

Blockwatcher wrote:A lot of people here think fiz hates frank, i cant see it. No coach can hate the type of player or person frank is. If he can carry this confidence into practice theres no way this coach cant find a way to use him.

Frank lost minutes to Mudiay and Burke last year in what was supposed to see a developmental season. That's why we suspect Fiz doesn't like Frank.

This year we added Payton. So he's not getting any time at PG.

Even if Frank were to play a different position, there's too many bodies.

SG: RJ, Ellington, and Dotson
SF: Knox, Morris, and Dotson
PF: Randle, Bobby

Only thing I see happening is maybe Frank taking Dotson's time, which will still only be like 13 minutes a game maximum.
Free Palestine
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1591 » by robillionaire » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:19 pm

Stannis wrote:

Frank lost minutes to Mudiay and Burke last year in what was supposed to see a developmental season. That's why we suspect Fiz doesn't like Frank.

Only thing I see happening is maybe Frank taking Dotson's time, which will still only be like 13 minutes a game maximum.

if Taj goes down he might be able to get some minutes at backup center
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1592 » by god shammgod » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:21 pm

they should be developing frank because they drafted him and there is some potential. but let's be honest, is frank currently a better player than dennis or payton ? i don't even like those 2 and i have to admit no. so on merit i don't see how he gets minutes. now, they have let some other guys play last year who didn't deserve it and why they didn't do that with frank is questionable but just on ability, he's the 3rd pg. for now at least. maybe he'll work his way into the rotation on a permanent basis sometime during the year.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Post#1593 » by Stannis » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:23 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Stannis wrote:

That'd be interesting. You think he can actually play center?
Free Palestine
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1594 » by god shammgod » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:27 pm

Stannis wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,271

Post#1595 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:27 pm

Stannis wrote:

Don't forget Trier too.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1596 » by god shammgod » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:29 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Don't forget Trier too.

and iggy and bullock eventually. the 2 & 3 are way more crowded than the 1.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1597 » by robillionaire » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:33 pm

I see it based on last season. The knicks with frank starting at PG (frank, thj, dotson, vonleh, mitch) were playing the best basketball they played all season (not saying much since they were the worst team in the nba), then Fiz pulled him out of a game after 5 minutes when he missed 3 shots and began to give him DNPs with the argument that "we weren't winning" although they had won a few games in the stretch. Then he capitulated to Kanter and started him over Mitch because "we weren't winning" and we began losing more than ever.

This was either a blatant tank or fiz is an idiot. If you're in the former camp, maybe there is hope for frank, that Fiz didn't want to play him because it might lead to more wins. And now he will finally unleash him. I'm leaning toward fiz being an idiot.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1598 » by robillionaire » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:35 pm

Stannis wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Stannis wrote:

They said he's gained 15 pounds in the offseason, he has the wingspan :lol:
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#1599 » by Galou » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:36 pm

Stannis wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Uhhhhhh, :-?

god shammgod wrote:
Stannis wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

:lol:
F$+*k the Nets.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,271

Post#1600 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:55 pm

god shammgod wrote:they should be developing frank because they drafted him and there is some potential. but let's be honest, is frank currently a better player than dennis or payton ? i don't even like those 2 and i have to admit no. so on merit i don't see how he gets minutes. now, they have let some other guys play last year who didn't deserve it and why they didn't do that with frank is questionable but just on ability, he's the 3rd pg. for now at least. maybe he'll work his way into the rotation on a permanent basis sometime during the year.

Payton might be better right now, but I really don't see him being good enough where it should block Frank's development especially in our situation. Frank could easily end up the better player especially if he can keep up his play in the tournament.

Payton is not a good defender and provides no spacing so see him as a liability a lot of times. But Perry likes him and maybe he's Fiz's type of player so will probably get a lot of time.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce

Return to New York Knicks