ImageImageImageImageImage

The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,255

Re: The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1601 » by DOT » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:03 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:they should be developing frank because they drafted him and there is some potential. but let's be honest, is frank currently a better player than dennis or payton ? i don't even like those 2 and i have to admit no. so on merit i don't see how he gets minutes. now, they have let some other guys play last year who didn't deserve it and why they didn't do that with frank is questionable but just on ability, he's the 3rd pg. for now at least. maybe he'll work his way into the rotation on a permanent basis sometime during the year.

Payton might be better right now, but I really don't see him being good enough where it should block Frank's development especially in our situation. Frank could easily end up the better player especially if he can keep up his play in the tournament.

Payton is not a good defender and provides no spacing so see him as a liability a lot of times. But Perry likes him and maybe he's Fiz's type of player so will probably get a lot of time.

Not being a good defender and providing no spacing?

Seems to fit the mold of players we want
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#1602 » by BeagleBoss » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:04 pm

Just being honest but I'm not impressed. I'd trade Ntilikina now as his value likely won't be as high.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,913

Post#1603 » by god shammgod » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:07 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:they should be developing frank because they drafted him and there is some potential. but let's be honest, is frank currently a better player than dennis or payton ? i don't even like those 2 and i have to admit no. so on merit i don't see how he gets minutes. now, they have let some other guys play last year who didn't deserve it and why they didn't do that with frank is questionable but just on ability, he's the 3rd pg. for now at least. maybe he'll work his way into the rotation on a permanent basis sometime during the year.

Payton might be better right now, but I really don't see him being good enough where it should block Frank's development especially in our situation. Frank could easily end up the better player especially if he can keep up his play in the tournament.

Payton is not a good defender and provides no spacing so see him as a liability a lot of times. But Perry likes him and maybe he's Fiz's type of player so will probably get a lot of time.

they should have never got payton, but they did. they're not gonna just bench him now.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,386

Post#1604 » by robillionaire » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:11 pm

Payton has his noted weaknesses and I get why people don't want him around but I'll say this, he's way better for a young team than bootyay. He actually looks to pass the ball. He's not going to be a black hole. He will promote team basketball and involve other players on the court. Just looking for a silver lining here
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#1605 » by taj2133 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:23 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
Stannis wrote:Some people are saying not to over exaggerate or get ahead of ourselves, since it's one game. Part of me feels that way.

However, it just seems one of those thing in life where things finally *click*.

Frank's biggest issues were always lack of confidence, motivation, and hunger. It was like he was overthinking all the time and making things overly complicated. If things finally turn around, this game will be the defining moment of where things finally *clicked* for him. That is why Frank fans are excited.

I'm still skeptical though. With all the rentals we got this offseason, there still isn't enough minutes for Frank. I don't think Pills and Fiz will ever be high on Frank. And there's still development to be done, which isn't Fiz's strong suit.

Frank is going to look great as a Spur. Wouldnt be surprised if SA gives us a protected first for him.

The Spurs will just wait until next summer and sign him as a free agent

People don't remember this knicks have bad blood with spurs reguarding kp the knicks aren't trading with the spurs.
The Knicks And Spurs Have Bad Blood Stemming From Kristaps Porzingis Trade Talks
https://uproxx.com/dimemag/knicks-spurs-bad-blood-kristaps-porzingis-marcus-morris-details/
Also the last time the knicks and spurs did a trade was 2005 the malik rose for nazr muhmamded its been 14 years since the knicks and spurs made a trade.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robwolkenbrod/2019/01/27/spurs-trade-deadline-history-involves-few-game-changers/#dae61782276d

2005 Trade Deadline: Spurs acquire Nazr Mohammed from Knicks

Perhaps the largest deal of the three, the Spurs sent two conditional first-round picks and Malik Rose to the New York Knicks for Nazr Mohammed and Jamison Brewer. Mohammed was the Knicks' starting center in 2004-05, but moved to a reserve role on the championship-winning Silver and Black, although he started all 23 of their playoff games on that title run.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,224

Post#1606 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:24 pm

Isola saying theirs friction between Perry's people and mill's people.

It never ends man.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,248

Post#1607 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:29 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:Isola saying theirs friction between Perry's people and mill's people.

It never ends man.

Link?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,549

Post#1608 » by mpharris36 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:30 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Frank lost minutes to Mudiay and Burke last year in what was supposed to see a developmental season. That's why we suspect Fiz doesn't like Frank.

This year we added Payton. So he's not getting any time at PG.

Even if Frank were to play a different position, there's too many bodies.

SG: RJ, Ellington, and Dotson
SF: Knox, Morris, and Dotson
PF: Randle, Bobby

Only thing I see happening is maybe Frank taking Dotson's time, which will still only be like 13 minutes a game maximum.

Don't forget Trier too.

and iggy and bullock eventually. the 2 & 3 are way more crowded than the 1.

We will just have to wait for the eventual DSJ or Payton injury...smh
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,386

Post#1609 » by robillionaire » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:32 pm

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if payton starts at PG at least to start the year. Dude had 5 straight triple doubles just a few months ago. He played with Randle so they might have a little chemistry. It's Perry's guy. I'm just saying don't be surprised when it happens.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,489

Post#1610 » by Fat Kat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:33 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:Isola saying theirs friction between Perry's people and mill's people.

It never ends man.

Isola. :noway: What never ends his ability to work some folks up. He definitely has an audience
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,255

Post#1611 » by DOT » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:38 pm

robillionaire wrote:It wouldn't surprise me in the least if payton starts at PG at least to start the year. Dude had 5 straight triple doubles just a few months ago. He played with Randle so they might have a little chemistry. It's Perry's guy. I'm just saying don't be surprised when it happens.

I wouldn't be surprised

I also wouldn't be surprised if we're starting Morris over Knox too, and Dot (and Trier to a certain degree) get buried behind Ellington and Bullock
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,313

The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1612 » by iLLmatic860 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Heres some from the isola article on the athletic

Isola: For the Knicks, Frank Ntilikina is the best thing to happen all summer and it’s time they gave him a chance https://theathletic.com/1202806/2019/09/11/isola-for-the-knicks-frank-ntilikina-is-the-best-thing-to-happen-all-summer-and-its-time-they-gave-him-a-chance/
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,224

Post#1613 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:50 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

It never ends man.

Link?

According to league sources, the scouts and executives brought in under Perry have clashed with some of the scouts and executives under Mills that survived the purge when Jackson was fired, and Mills was promoted.

“That’s always been the case,” says one former Knicks executive. “They keep a lot of people from different regimes and that causes some friction.”

Read on Twitter
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#1614 » by taj2133 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:55 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Image

Heres some from the isola article on the athletic

Isola: For the Knicks, Frank Ntilikina is the best thing to happen all summer and it’s time they gave him a chance https://theathletic.com/1202806/2019/09/11/isola-for-the-knicks-frank-ntilikina-is-the-best-thing-to-happen-all-summer-and-its-time-they-gave-him-a-chance/
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some trash reporting by isola like always.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1615 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:14 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
Stannis wrote:Some people are saying not to over exaggerate or get ahead of ourselves, since it's one game. Part of me feels that way.

However, it just seems one of those thing in life where things finally *click*.

Frank's biggest issues were always lack of confidence, motivation, and hunger. It was like he was overthinking all the time and making things overly complicated. If things finally turn around, this game will be the defining moment of where things finally *clicked* for him. That is why Frank fans are excited.

I'm still skeptical though. With all the rentals we got this offseason, there still isn't enough minutes for Frank. I don't think Pills and Fiz will ever be high on Frank. And there's still development to be done, which isn't Fiz's strong suit.

Frank is going to look great as a Spur. Wouldnt be surprised if SA gives us a protected first for him.

And lose a year of being able to develop him the correct way? Meh
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#1616 » by Sark » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:43 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:

And lose a year of being able to develop him the correct way? Meh

We also control him for 2 more years if we want.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#1617 » by NYKAL » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:15 pm

so some of the scouts like him (frank) and others don't. Its called individuality, not friction. Asshola being and asshola
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,944

Post#1618 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Sark wrote:OG FrankFROOTERS right now

:lol: :lol: :lol: i'm crying
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1619 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:41 pm

YouthMovement wrote:
knicksNOTslick wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's New York Knicks over Team USA. All day. Any day. Twice on Sundays. (And I'm in the military)

Frank might be French but he's currently a Knick, so that's where my allegiance lie. Besides, we sent out our B Team so Team USA deserved to lose.

we sent our c team...joe harris lol

still amazed there was a plumlee on that team. USA definitely beatable.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1620 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:43 pm

HerSports85 wrote:Ellington and Bullock should be nothing more than mentors and only see PT if we have injuries

man... bullock one of the damn inuries. dude ain't playing. knicks giving him good faith cash to recover on a payroll.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks