ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,874

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1601 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:19 pm

Playing the new Fire Emblem game, first time playing a game like this. Seems pretty cool, I have no idea what I'm doing at all. :D
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,009

Post#1602 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:28 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:God the wait for BL3 is tough. I looked at the slideshow on IGN tonight of all the Legendaries they've found and picked out some early favorites and I'm gonna go hard after. Gamestop is gonna be open at 9:00 pm tomorrow and I'll be there to pick it up.

Yep. I had pre-ordered from Best Buy and opted for delivery as sometimes it is early a day. Well, not this time - it hasn't shipped yet. Ugh.

Do you know who you're gonna be rolling with? I'm excited to play with Zane. Mapped out my skill tree progression this morning.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,665

Post#1603 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:40 pm

engelmartin wrote:
engelmartin wrote:My buddy has been working on System Shock 3 for years and they're finally getting close to finishing it. The newest trailer looks kind of sweet. Warren Spector came out of retirement to work on it, had nothing to do with the new Deus Exs.

I am so **** excited or this. I didn't even know they were making a third one.

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
Yep. I had pre-ordered from Best Buy and opted for delivery as sometimes it is early a day. Well, not this time - it hasn't shipped yet. Ugh.

Do you know who you're gonna be rolling with? I'm excited to play with Zane. Mapped out my skill tree progression this morning.

I haven't 100% decided. I will be using Zane somewhere - either playing SP or MP with my buddy - but if he wants to play as Zane in our MP then I might do Flak. I like the idea of a customizable mech. I'm not totally sure though.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1604 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:44 pm

I'm already wishing it was sometime months from now when the level cap is raised, we get True Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, and I can dump an additional 22 skill points into my tree. 50 seems so limiting.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,944

Post#1605 » by Perishable517 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:09 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:God the wait for BL3 is tough. I looked at the slideshow on IGN tonight of all the Legendaries they've found and picked out some early favorites and I'm gonna go hard after. Gamestop is gonna be open at 9:00 pm tomorrow and I'll be there to pick it up.

Will they have copies for those who did not pre-order?
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1606 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:18 pm

Perishable517 wrote:

Will they have copies for those who did not pre-order?

Yup. They do this for all the big non-Nintendo games. Call your local store(s) to make sure, though.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#1607 » by crkone » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:48 pm

If you link your SHIFT account to Twitch, Streamers can get you free guns and **** while you watch them play BL3 if they have the ECHOcast extension.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1608 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:30 pm

crkone wrote:If you link your SHIFT account to Twitch, Streamers can get you free guns and **** while you watch them play BL3 if they have the ECHOcast extension.

I've got about 25000 points on my account and I'm not sure what to spend them on. I also picked up three Golden Keys. Someone on Reddit also made a program that you can sign into your account on and it will pull down all the SHIFT codes you've missed and give you the points you haven't gotten. I'm trying to find the link.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1609 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:50 am

After a download, a long install, and redeeming a couple codes I just started the campaign and I'm geeking the **** out.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1610 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:01 am

ReasonablySober wrote:After a download, a long install, and redeeming a couple codes I just started the campaign and I'm geeking the **** out.

Post impressions. Did you take off work Friday? I don’t be able to play til afternoon/when it arrives, and I’m going to pick up a headset after work too.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1611 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:17 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:After a download, a long install, and redeeming a couple codes I just started the campaign and I'm geeking the **** out.

Post impressions. Did you take off work Friday? I don’t be able to play til afternoon/when it arrives, and I’m going to pick up a headset after work too.

I told everyone at work not to expect me tomorrow, including the girlfriend for most of the weekend.

I'm enjoying it a lot so far, but I'm confused/frustrated a bit because it seems like none of the rewards I paid for showed up initially. That said I think what's happening is I have to unlock them at a certain point where in the game you check your mail, and poof, rewards show up.

Game is REALLY smooth. Graphics won't blow you away, but the animations are all top notch.

I'm doing the usual first play through stuff initially, completing the side missions and exploring/killing everything before going after the main missions. Loot seems like it's dropping at a solid pace. I'm at level four after an hour of dicking around and I've got an Epic shield waiting for me at level five.

Mostly I'm just incredibly excited to play new BL after spending about 1000 hours in BL2 for the better part of a decade. So far everything I could want.

ETA: So yea, I didn't get it at first, but if you pause the game, go to the social tab, there's a mailbox tab. I've got a billion dang rewards. 18 rewards and 11 SHIFT keys (at least). So no worries there.

ETA2: Don't think I'm gonna redeem any of the grenade mods, relics, shields, or guns until I start to feel stuck. Definitely not using any of the Golden Keys. Marcus is selling weapons at a pretty reasonable rate. I picked up an Epic that was clearly an amazing deal and it didn't cost much.

ETA3: The improved animations make kills easier to come by. Even an average shotgun becomes a beast if you follow up one blast (that knocks them on their ass) with a couple mele shots.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,786

Post#1612 » by tydett » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:35 am

The gameplay is very very solid, feels like they've done a nice job accommodating everything that FPSes are getting right now. The skill trees are pretty cool (even though, admittedly, I've only explored Moze's). The early reviews on the story and writing are pretty justified from what I've experienced, however. There's a lot of flat dialogue in the early going, and the villains are definitely more like Zarpedon in their forgettableness than Jack in their "this is a guy who makes me invested in what's going on".
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,721

Post#1613 » by emunney » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:54 am

I let my son play some Pokemon Go. It's fun to walk around with him and see how excited he gets, but also more than once I've been on the verge of an actual panic attack because he can't stfu about Pokemon. Life is full of unexpected challenges.

As near as I can tell, the game itself is flawless. If I was 10 years old when this was big, I probably would be a much worse person today.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
jmuelly
Junior
And1: 88

Post#1614 » by jmuelly » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:49 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I told everyone at work not to expect me tomorrow, including the girlfriend for most of the weekend.

I'm enjoying it a lot so far, but I'm confused/frustrated a bit because it seems like none of the rewards I paid for showed up initially. That said I think what's happening is I have to unlock them at a certain point where in the game you check your mail, and poof, rewards show up.

Game is REALLY smooth. Graphics won't blow you away, but the animations are all top notch.

I'm doing the usual first play through stuff initially, completing the side missions and exploring/killing everything before going after the main missions. Loot seems like it's dropping at a solid pace. I'm at level four after an hour of dicking around and I've got an Epic shield waiting for me at level five.

Mostly I'm just incredibly excited to play new BL after spending about 1000 hours in BL2 for the better part of a decade. So far everything I could want.

ETA: So yea, I didn't get it at first, but if you pause the game, go to the social tab, there's a mailbox tab. I've got a billion dang rewards. 18 rewards and 11 SHIFT keys (at least). So no worries there.

ETA2: Don't think I'm gonna redeem any of the grenade mods, relics, shields, or guns until I start to feel stuck. Definitely not using any of the Golden Keys. Marcus is selling weapons at a pretty reasonable rate. I picked up an Epic that was clearly an amazing deal and it didn't cost much.

ETA3: The improved animations make kills easier to come by. Even an average shotgun becomes a beast if you follow up one blast (that knocks them on their ass) with a couple mele shots.

I badly want to check out BL3 but not sure I should invest in a game at this time. Wife just had surgery and is off work unpaid for an extended period of time.
Never played a BL title before but this looks and sounds amazing!
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,645

Post#1615 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:02 pm

Bought Borderlands 3 for PC last night. Looking forward to playing. The extent of my Borderlands experience is about 4 hours of BL2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1616 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:47 pm

The wait for UPS is killing me. Ordering for delivery hoping for an a day early backfired.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1617 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:08 pm

I think I can officially go to Sanctuary III but I'm holding off. Was originally gonna do a couple remaining side quests but decided to spend my time instead farming Mouth Piece, the first real boss. He drops a Legendary. Killed him four times so far to no success but I've picked up solid XP and at least one keeper weapon each time.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1618 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:22 pm

While I wait...

I think it looks wonderful.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1619 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:22 am

ReasonablySober wrote:ETA: So yea, I didn't get it at first, but if you pause the game, go to the social tab, there's a mailbox tab. I've got a billion dang rewards. 18 rewards and 11 SHIFT keys (at least). So no worries there.

If you hang onto your rewards until you're a higher level, do you know if you get higher level gear when you claim? Or is it always the same?

I don't have anywhere near as many rewards as you, but I do have a few and am not sure when to claim them.

P.S. It's super cool you get updates on your friends as they play even if you aren't in a party. You're kicking ass BTW.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1620 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:16 am

Thanks, I noticed you had started too, and good question. I know one of my rewards is just a green level gun so I'll give it a shot when I level up next.

HIGHLY recommend farming Mouth Piece. I got a Legendary shotgun that does serious one-hit damage, but the real gem was an Epic rifle called the Cost-Effective Optimized Q-System. It's an Atlas weapon. Good lord, it's level 8 and I'm wrecking fools four levels above it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks