ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

yayotube
Pro Prospect
And1: 59

Re: Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding 

Post#61 » by yayotube » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:11 pm

Post Malone is 100% garbage.

Benny The Butcher - The Plugs I Met... now that’s fire.
EJaggit
Starter
And1: 2,328

Post#62 » by EJaggit » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:15 pm

Post Malone’s album was better than his old Beer Bongs and Bentley’s lol. This is a solid album. He knows how to blend his music well (hip hop, pop, rock)
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#63 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:18 pm

Meh. Same as Juice World.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,483

Post#64 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:23 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:This post just hurts to reads from start to end.

In a year in which we have the following albums:

Freddie Gibbs - Bandana
Tyler the Creator - Igor
Quelle Chris - Guns
Little Simz - Grey Area
Anderson Paak - Ventura
Billy Woods - Hiding Places
Malibu Ken - Malibu Ken
Denzel Curry - ZUU
Little Brother - May the Lord Watch
Rapsody - Eve
And literally probably a hundred more albums, Post Malone isn’t anywhere **** near the AOTY let alone the hip-hop AOTY.

Stop acting like your opinion is fact. This album will probably win all the awards, and just cuz you have a preference for other styles doesnt mean this record isnt valid. Classic ignorant hiphop head opinion.
Chips with the dip baybeeee.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,103

Post#65 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:49 pm

Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

Freddie Gibbs - Bandana
Tyler the Creator - Igor
Quelle Chris - Guns
Little Simz - Grey Area
Anderson Paak - Ventura
Malibu Ken - Malibu Ken
Denzel Curry - ZUU
Rapsody - Eve
And literally probably a hundred more albums, Post Malone isn’t anywhere **** near the AOTY let alone the hip-hop AOTY.

Stop acting like your opinion is fact. This album will probably win all the awards, and just cuz you have a preference for other styles doesnt mean this record isnt valid. Classic ignorant hiphop head opinion.

“Stop acting like your opinion is fact” then proceeds to act as if his opinion is fact lmao
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Skeezo
Analyst
And1: 2,737

Post#66 » by Skeezo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:37 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Skeezo wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:To be fair most people who are 18 years old don’t know this albums.

If you are a fan of older hip-hop though I recommend Freddie Gibbs “Bandana” for sure.

I have had my share of disagreements with YogurtProducer, but on this point, I agree 100%.. As a pure 80s-90s Hip-Hop/R&B/House head with a very large vinyl collection that has taken a lifetime to curate, I agree the Freddie Gibbs and Madlib's "Bandana" is significant piece of work. I have also enjoyed both of Anderson Paak's efforts on "Oxnard" and "Ventura". The Little Brother album was nice, but it is no "Listening" or "Minstrel Show," maybe my expectations were too high for their return... Haven't had a chance to really listen to the Rapsody album, but I have heard good things. Not a huge Tyler the Creator fan and everyone else is off my radar cause frankly, I'm just old with other responsibilities that I can't stay up on everything.

Have you also heard Piñata?

Avantdale Bowling Club and the two solo Black Thought projects are 3 other albums from the last year or so I think old heads could really get behind

The new Tyler is superb. It’s pushing into more experimental territory so it isn’t really for everyone, but it’s a huge improvement over his old crap

I did go back and listen to Piñata, it's dope too. The issue with experimental stuff is where it really does get too subjective... "Who gets it and who doesn't" ...

For example... I love experimental Dilla with Donuts, I love experimental DJ Shadow - Endtroducing... I like some of Madlib's efforts "Madvillany," "Champion Sound," but he loses me with some of the Quasimoto stuff which is why something like Piñata can slip by me in the first place. Tyler is experimental, but to me he is a weird experimental that I just don't get, therefore, I don't like. However, I don't think he is wack or untalented like many artists out there today, I just haven't been able to get on his vibe (as of yet).

As an old head though, I feel like Kendrick and Anderson Paak are the two guys that are really bringing it for the younger generation. Not that my opinion is law, but I feel Kendrick has already done enough to warrant at least Top 10 ever to do it.
Sandman88
Head Coach
And1: 6,527

Post#67 » by Sandman88 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:50 pm

Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

Freddie Gibbs - Bandana
Tyler the Creator - Igor
Quelle Chris - Guns
Little Simz - Grey Area
Anderson Paak - Ventura
Malibu Ken - Malibu Ken
Denzel Curry - ZUU
Rapsody - Eve

I guess it's cool to hate on whats popular. Classic hipster mentality. I haven't heard of 90% of the artists he mentioned in his post.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#68 » by KL78192020 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:30 pm

Sandman88 wrote:
Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

Freddie Gibbs - Bandana
Tyler the Creator - Igor
Quelle Chris - Guns
Little Simz - Grey Area
Anderson Paak - Ventura
Malibu Ken - Malibu Ken
Denzel Curry - ZUU
Rapsody - Eve

I guess it's cool to hate on whats popular. Classic hipster mentality. I haven't heard of 90% of the artists he mentioned in his post.

lol same other than Freddie Gibbs and Tyler. People think they're cool because they don't listen to top 40 music. Just youtubed some of those artists and it sounds like trash to me, but to each there own. Same thing people call top 40 music.

I'd bet 1000 bucks none of those albums win anything.
RoLo
Senior
And1: 1,252

Post#69 » by RoLo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:39 pm

Sandman88 wrote:
Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

Freddie Gibbs - Bandana
Tyler the Creator - Igor
Quelle Chris - Guns
Little Simz - Grey Area
Anderson Paak - Ventura
Malibu Ken - Malibu Ken
Denzel Curry - ZUU
Rapsody - Eve

clown mentality tbh
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#70 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:30 pm

KL78192020 wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:
Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

lol same other than Freddie Gibbs and Tyler. People think they're cool because they don't listen to top 40 music. Just youtubed some of those artists and it sounds like trash to me, but to each there own. Same thing people call top 40 music.

I'd bet 1000 bucks none of those albums win anything.

I’d also bet 1000 bucks none of them win anything, but music awards consistently are really really poor indicators of who released the best album in a year.

Also.. you’ve never heard of Anderson Paak? Little Brothee is also a hip-hip legendary group.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#71 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:32 pm

Sandman88 wrote:
Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

Freddie Gibbs - Bandana
Tyler the Creator - Igor
Quelle Chris - Guns
Little Simz - Grey Area
Anderson Paak - Ventura
Malibu Ken - Malibu Ken
Denzel Curry - ZUU
Rapsody - Eve

Except I don’t hate on anything simply due to its popularity. Kendrick Lamar is easily my favourite rapper right now, and I’ve previously brought up how much I enjoyed Carly Rae Jepsen’s album this year. I also like guys like Travis Scott and don’t really hate a lot of popular music... but Post Malone is generic as hell and really not that great
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#72 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:38 pm

Sandman88 wrote:
Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

Freddie Gibbs - Bandana
Tyler the Creator - Igor
Quelle Chris - Guns
Little Simz - Grey Area
Anderson Paak - Ventura
Malibu Ken - Malibu Ken
Denzel Curry - ZUU
Rapsody - Eve

You literally are not allowed to have an opinion on something you have never heard.
BCbudraptorfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#73 » by BCbudraptorfan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:33 am

ahaha **** post malone who cares
fourones1x
Head Coach
And1: 10,570

Post#74 » by fourones1x » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:02 am

Sirs latest album "Chasing Summer" dropped recently and that's been on repeat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Sandman88
Head Coach
And1: 6,527

Post#75 » by Sandman88 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:07 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:
Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

You literally are not allowed to have an opinion on something you have never heard.

Yes, and I bet you haven't heard the album and are just basing it off the few songs you've heard from him on the radio.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,879

Post#76 » by agkagk » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:07 pm

auto tune ruined music.

popular music keeps getting worse....than again, maybe im just turning into every old guy ever *shrugs*
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,782

Post#77 » by RoyceDa59 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:41 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:
Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

Except I don’t hate on anything simply due to its popularity. Kendrick Lamar is easily my favourite rapper right now, and I’ve previously brought up how much I enjoyed Carly Rae Jepsen’s album this year. I also like guys like Travis Scott and don’t really hate a lot of popular music... but Post Malone is generic as hell and really not that great

Generic? There's literally nobody like Post Malone - he's inventing his own genre.

How is he generic in anyway? He will most likely go down as one of the greatest artists of this generation.
Go Raps!!
RoyceDa59
RealGM

Post#78 » by RoyceDa59 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:46 pm

Post Malone (age 24) describing how the new generation feels about society on track Myself:

"All of this American dreamin'
Everybody's sick of believin'
So let's not give a F, chill,
cause givin' a F has no meaning."

Post Malone is taking over for Drake as the voice of the next generation.
Go Raps!!
SnotoriousBIG
Sixth Man
And1: 1,293

Post#79 » by SnotoriousBIG » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:50 pm

RoyceDa59 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:

Generic? There's literally nobody like Post Malone - he's inventing his own genre.

How is he generic in anyway? He will most likely go down as one of the greatest artists of this generation.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RoyceDa59
RealGM

Post#80 » by RoyceDa59 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:16 pm

SnotoriousBIG wrote:
RoyceDa59 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Except I don’t hate on anything simply due to its popularity. Kendrick Lamar is easily my favourite rapper right now, and I’ve previously brought up how much I enjoyed Carly Rae Jepsen’s album this year. I also like guys like Travis Scott and don’t really hate a lot of popular music... but Post Malone is generic as hell and really not that great

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cool argument.

<Waits for someone with actual music intelligence to join the discussion.>
Go Raps!!

Return to Toronto Raptors