Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#181 » by Chris76 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:55 am

Sixerscan wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Chris76 wrote:
It should be interesting to see if his defense translates.

Redick's impact was huge, but his defense was challenged. Thybulle and Richardson are huge defensive additions compared to Redick.

Hopefully, they can provide some of Redick's floor spacing and very good defense.

I dont find Jj’s defense to be an issue except for our playoff series with the Celts.

Well the entire defensive strategy was seemingly built around avoiding bad matchups for him, having an actual plus defender in that spot should do a lot of positive things.

Thybulle, Richardson, or Zhaire's help defense should be very impactful. Redick was limited with lack of length and athleticism.

Thybulle likes to chase down or contest shooters. He could average 1.5 blocks or more a game.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,336

Post#182 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:35 am

Chris76 wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
76ciology wrote:
I dont find Jj’s defense to be an issue except for our playoff series with the Celts.

Well the entire defensive strategy was seemingly built around avoiding bad matchups for him, having an actual plus defender in that spot should do a lot of positive things.

Thybulle, Richardson, or Zhaire's help defense should be very impactful. Redick was limited with lack of length and athleticism.

Thybulle likes to chase down or contest shooters. He could average 1.5 blocks or more a game.

I like Thybulle’s upside as a shotblocker. But I think collegiate zone defense played a really large part on his steals and block numbers.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#183 » by LloydFree » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:54 pm

Ideally, you'd like a player that has played in a man-to-man system, so you know the skills they've shown can transfer. But there have been a number of great perimeter NBA players that came from Colleges that played zone exclusively. Aaron McKie and Eddie Jones never played a minute of man-to-man at Temple, and then immediately became great man-to-man NBA defenders. It has more to do with instincts and quickness, than a learned system.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#184 » by rzzzzz » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:54 pm

76ciology wrote:I like Thybulle’s upside as a shotblocker. But I think collegiate zone defense played a really large part on his steals and block numbers.

Embiid is a little like a one man zone in the paint. not that the defensive scheme will be zone, but it affords athletic perimeter players, like Thuybulle and Smith, to play a little more adventurously, going for steals and blocks.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#185 » by Chris76 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:32 pm

76ciology wrote:
Chris76 wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:Well the entire defensive strategy was seemingly built around avoiding bad matchups for him, having an actual plus defender in that spot should do a lot of positive things.

I like Thybulle’s upside as a shotblocker. But I think collegiate zone defense played a really large part on his steals and block numbers.

Good point, he could get beaten by NBA athletes.

However, I like how he naturally helps when another teammate gets beat.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#186 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:41 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
76ciology wrote:I like Thybulle’s upside as a shotblocker. But I think collegiate zone defense played a really large part on his steals and block numbers.

Embiid is a little like a one man zone in the paint. not that the defensive scheme will be zone, but if affords athletic perimeter players, like Thuybulle and Smith, to play a little more adventurously, going for steals and blocks.

Embiid can also switch more at the perimeter Thybulle being able to rotate to the paint and protect the rim. It’s something we were looking for even during the okafor era.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#187 » by BullyKing » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:16 pm

Apparently he has a sprained ankle. Might as well schedule the amputation now.

Read on Twitter
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,748

Post#188 » by Stanford » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:46 pm

lol **** me
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,153

Post#189 » by ProcessDoctor » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:41 am

:lol:
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#190 » by youngcrev » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:43 am

76ciology wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:

Embiid is a little like a one man zone in the paint. not that the defensive scheme will be zone, but if affords athletic perimeter players, like Thuybulle and Smith, to play a little more adventurously, going for steals and blocks.

Embiid can also switch more at the perimeter Thybulle being able to rotate to the paint and protect the rim. It’s something we were looking for even during the okafor era.

He doesn't seem like a rim protector from what I've seen. More like a Covington type that has a knack for getting his hand on the ball. Seems like a lot of his blocks are on close outs or recovering from behind. I think they've got better personnel to defend the point of attack and chase around screens this year, so I'm guessing they'll continue to drop Embiid (though who knows what the defense will look like with the new assistants in place?)
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#192 » by youngcrev » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:21 pm

youngcrev wrote:
76ciology wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:

He doesn't seem like a rim protector from what I've seen. More like a Covington type that has a knack for getting his hand on the ball. Seems like a lot of his blocks are on close outs or recovering from behind. I think they've got better personnel to defend the point of attack and chase around screens this year, so I'm guessing they'll continue to drop Embiid (though who knows what the defense will look like with the new assistants in place?)

Speaking of which...
[tweet]
Read on Twitter
[/tweet]
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,591

Post#193 » by sixerswillrule » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:31 pm

BullyKing wrote:Apparently he has a sprained ankle. Might as well schedule the amputation now.

Read on Twitter

Welcome to the Sixers!
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#194 » by rzzzzz » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:46 pm

sixerswillrule wrote:
BullyKing wrote:Apparently he has a sprained ankle. Might as well schedule the amputation now.

Read on Twitter

Welcome to the Sixers!

here's hoping that turning an ankle is a significant improvement in our annual rookie mo.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#195 » by Sixerscan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:48 am

Read on Twitter

Hopefully this isn't a final destination situation
76ciology
RealGM

Post#196 » by 76ciology » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:12 am

Well based on our experience, if Thybulle miss the season, it’s because he isn’t ready to be ROY than it is because he has an injury.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,409

Post#197 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:38 pm

Lightly turned ankle....Thybulle to miss 6-7 months....Treadmill machine will keep breaking down during his rehab, then he will starve himself because he's depressed and lose a bunch of weight. This will lead to him getting hit the flu virus and he'll lose even more weight. After that, videos will surface of him forgetting how to run. He just simply wont be able to run when it matters. Redshirted for this season.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#198 » by Sixerscan » Tue Oct 1, 2019 12:14 am

Just glad he survived paint ball
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#199 » by ankle420breaker » Sat Oct 5, 2019 10:35 pm