ImageImageImage

The Newer-est Video Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Tukkerwolf
Starter
And1: 2,170

Re: The Newer-est Video Game Thread 

Post#41 » by Tukkerwolf » Sat Sep 7, 2019 5:30 pm

For the first time in a decade or so I'll pass. Fed up with the VC crap.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#42 » by packforfreedom » Sun Sep 8, 2019 1:39 pm

Tukkerwolf wrote:For the first time in a decade or so I'll pass. Fed up with the VC crap.

Same here. Enough is enough
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#43 » by Calinks » Sun Sep 8, 2019 5:25 pm

Wow, looks like a lot of of people are making that choice. Don't know if this is indicative of a larger scale trend this year. Will be interesting to see what 2K will do if they get enough backlash to hurt sales. It really is too bad there isn't a game like Live that is really good out there.

Back in the day it was so cool when every sports game had a bunch of competition. Now it's like one company reaps all the benefits for a game. 2K can pretty much do whatever they want because people want a basketball game and there aren't any great alternatives.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
ESPOMAN
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#44 » by ESPOMAN » Mon Sep 9, 2019 1:54 am

I just want to make my guy like KAT but it is pretty hard. You have to sacrifice finishing or defense if you still want the defense and the post moves. Kind of annoying, but MyLeague is still good even though it is exactly the same as last year pretty much. I played a WNBA game, it wasn't bad played the same as the guys pretty much just without the dunking really.
Tukkerwolf
Starter
And1: 2,170

Post#45 » by Tukkerwolf » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:57 am

ESPOMAN wrote:I just want to make my guy like KAT but it is pretty hard. You have to sacrifice finishing or defense if you still want the defense and the post moves. Kind of annoying, but MyLeague is still good even though it is exactly the same as last year pretty much. I played a WNBA game, it wasn't bad played the same as the guys pretty much just without the dunking really.

I don't have an extreme amount of time and don't feel like playing with a 60-75 rated rookie for a couple of months. If 2K wants me back in the game they should make a bug-free MyLeague and a MyCareer that lets me choose my starting ratings/potential. I hope Calinks is right and more people are staying away from the game, but I honestly don't think 2K will notice a big drop of income.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#46 » by KGdaBom » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:04 am

Anybody a Gears fan? I'm not really, but seeing the adds for it with the cool, creepy, haunting version of The Chain I had to know who was singing. One of my favorite songs ever sang by one of my favorite singers ever Amy Lee.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#47 » by jscott » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:22 am

packforfreedom wrote:
Tukkerwolf wrote:For the first time in a decade or so I'll pass. Fed up with the VC crap.

Same here. Enough is enough

I’ll wait til the Finals roll around and maybe pick it up for $2.99.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#48 » by Calinks » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:39 am

KGdaBom wrote:Anybody a Gears fan? I'm not really, but seeing the adds for it with the cool, creepy, haunting version of The Chain I had to know who was singing. One of my favorite songs ever sang by one of my favorite singers ever Amy Lee.

Not a huge fan but I like playing through the campaigns. Been playing it on game pass, its really good. Probably the best Gears game yet. I like that they finally changed it up a bit.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#49 » by KGdaBom » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:03 pm

Calinks wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Anybody a Gears fan? I'm not really, but seeing the adds for it with the cool, creepy, haunting version of The Chain I had to know who was singing. One of my favorite songs ever sang by one of my favorite singers ever Amy Lee.

Not a huge fan but I like playing through the campaigns. Been playing it on game pass, its really good. Probably the best Gears game yet. I like that they finally changed it up a bit.

And your thoughts on The Chain original Fleetwood Mac and new Cover version by Amy Lee?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#50 » by Klomp » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:11 am

Klomp wrote:Last night, I set the single-game record for steals with 12. I'm a 6'5" PG with a 3/D skillset, 77 ovr. I'm on the Lakers in my rookie year, and we're something like 52-4 right now. Might be time to bump up the difficulty?

After winning MVP and ROY plus Finals MVP, I opened up year two in Lala Land. I was ready for a change though, so I requested (and was granted) a trade to Minnesota. I think the main piece swapped for me was Okogie, though I can't find where the league transactions list is in MyPlayer. It's great facilitating for these guys, and the jersey game is way better with the Wolves. Up to an 85 right now, though the rate of player improvement definitely slows down a bit once you get up this high.

At this point, I doubt I'll get 2k20.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#51 » by Calinks » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:00 pm

What do you guys think of this idea to get NCAA games back?

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-09-19-clay-travis-idea-will-cover-players-for-likeness-revive-ncaa-video-games/

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/bring-back-the-yearly-ncaa-college-football-video-game/

Also does anyone have 2K20? Anything you particularly like about it compared to 2K19?
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,543

Post#52 » by WolfAddict » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:10 pm

Just got permission from the wife to grab 2K20 on the way home :) She's not going to see me all weekend lol
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#53 » by Calinks » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:04 am

WolfAddict wrote:Just got permission from the wife to grab 2K20 on the way home :) She's not going to see me all weekend lol

Significant others around the world know this too well lol.

BasketMMO
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#54 » by BasketMMO » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:25 am

I often play MMO games, but when I decide to play I link Andrew Yang's web page.

Don't post links to gambling and buy/trade sites. -Dome
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#55 » by King Malta » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:38 am

Calinks wrote:Wow, looks like a lot of of people are making that choice. Don't know if this is indicative of a larger scale trend this year. Will be interesting to see what 2K will do if they get enough backlash to hurt sales. It really is too bad there isn't a game like Live that is really good out there.

Back in the day it was so cool when every sports game had a bunch of competition. Now it's like one company reaps all the benefits for a game. 2K can pretty much do whatever they want because people want a basketball game and there aren't any great alternatives.

Add me to that list. I'm off 2k for the same reasons.

I'm a big sports management sim fan, so I think I'm gonna look at the 2020 edition of DDay Pro this year. https://www.wolverinestudios.com/2019/08/30/featurefriday-lineup-management-gets-a-refresh-in-draft-day-sports-pro-basketball-2020/

Proper real-life NBA mods are available.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#56 » by Klomp » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:45 am

I've been surprised how many people I still see in the 2k19 "neighborhood" in MyCareer.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#57 » by Calinks » Wed Oct 9, 2019 4:43 am

I'll try and grab 2K on sale. Hopefully for like 30 bucks.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,543

Post#58 » by WolfAddict » Wed Oct 9, 2019 5:04 am

Klomp wrote:I've been surprised how many people I still see in the 2k19 "neighborhood" in MyCareer.

I never played 19, but was only about a month ago I threw 18 on, and to my utter surprise, there were people playing... I wasn't expecting to see a soul to be honest
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#59 » by Calinks » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:45 pm

Welp so much for NBA 2K taking a hit this year. Already its the best selling game of 2019. That's why they can get away with whatever they want, people still show up in masses. Only hope for sweeping changes is extremely bad PR or a competitor getting it together and offering gamers a good alternative that they buy into,
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#60 » by Calinks » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:17 am

Heads up for people who have Xbox. NBA 2K20 is free to play this weekend, including today. Also, if you have Game Pass, Outer Worlds came out today, its made by the same people who did Fallout New Vegas so if you like that game, you will probably like this one.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves