ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,110

Re: Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding 

Post#81 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:18 pm

Sandman88 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:
I guess it's cool to hate on whats popular. Classic hipster mentality. I haven't heard of 90% of the artists he mentioned in his post.

You literally are not allowed to have an opinion on something you have never heard.

Yes, and I bet you haven't heard the album and are just basing it off the few songs you've heard from him on the radio.

Uh, unlike you to I listen to things before judging. I’ve listened to Beer Bongs and Bentley’s in full, Ive heard multiple singles he’s dropped throughout the years, and I tried the new album, realized it’s more of the same, and noped out of there.

How many Rapsody tracks have you heard from Eve? How about from Little Brother’s new album?

You’re literally judging music you’ve never even heard simply because it isn’t popular. That to me is a hell of a lot more of a clown move than anything I’ve said. Lord forbid I find music in a different way than you do based off genres and stuff I like.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,785

Post#82 » by RoyceDa59 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:21 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:You literally are not allowed to have an opinion on something you have never heard.

Yes, and I bet you haven't heard the album and are just basing it off the few songs you've heard from him on the radio.

Uh, unlike you to I listen to things before judging. I’ve listened to Beer Bongs and Bentley’s in full, Ive heard multiple singles he’s dropped throughout the years, and I tried the new album, realized it’s more of the same, and noped out of there.

How many Rapsody tracks have you heard from Eve? How about from Little Brother’s new album?

You’re literally judging music you’ve never even heard simply because it isn’t popular. That to me is a hell of a lot more of a clown move than anything I’ve said. Lord forbid I find music in a different way than you do based off genres and stuff I like.

I live by the rule that you need to listen to an album 3 full times through before appreciating the intricacies and making a judgement call. Making a decision without even listening to something is just ignorant (as you've stated).
Go Raps!!
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#83 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:24 pm

RoyceDa59 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:

I live by the rule that you need to listen to an album 3 full times through before appreciating the intricacies and making a judgement call. Making a decision without even listening to something is just ignorant (as you've stated).

And I generally do do that. However, I listen to so much music i am not suffering through a **** album 3 times if I do not have to.

Go listen to some of the albums I posted. If you are gonna talk the talk walk the walk.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,785

Post#84 » by RoyceDa59 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:17 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
RoyceDa59 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

And I generally do do that. However, I listen to so much music i am not suffering through a **** album 3 times if I do not have to.

Go listen to some of the albums I posted. If you are gonna talk the talk walk the walk.

I will definitely check them out. What's the top 3 you recommend to start?
Go Raps!!
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#85 » by whysoserious » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:24 pm

Jim Todd Jr. wrote:
Stop acting like your opinion is fact. This album will probably win all the awards, and just cuz you have a preference for other styles doesnt mean this record isnt valid. Classic ignorant hiphop head opinion.

Let's not reduce ourselves to agreeing with awards shows on what the best hip hop albums are. Post could win all those awards and it would have literally no bearing on whether his album is actually good. In any given year, with the amount of hip hop released, how often have they actually hit the nail on the head for album/song of the year and how often do they recognize hip hop outside of the genre awards?
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#86 » by Red_Claw » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:25 pm

If you don't get a Raptors tattoo on your face, you ain't a Post Malone/RealGM fan.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,583

Post#87 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:26 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:Little Brother - May the Lord Watch

NEW LITTLE BROTHER ALBUM?

Not knowing that was even possible is how I know I am old.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Sandman88
Head Coach
And1: 6,527

Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding 

Post#88 » by Sandman88 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:20 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:You literally are not allowed to have an opinion on something you have never heard.

What the hell are you talking about? All I said was I haven’t heard 90% of the artists you’ve listed. I never “judged” them as you are saying.

Quit makin **** up

You’re the one hating on post when you certainly have not listed to the whole album.

Clown behaviour
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,559

Post#89 » by dTox » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:39 pm

You guys realize how ridiculous you sound when arguing with someone on what you think is "better" when its all based on subjective taste right?
TBZ for the win
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#90 » by Mikistan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:04 pm

Useless arguments unless people start posting lyrics.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#91 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:40 pm

Sandman88 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? All I said was I haven’t heard 90% of the artists you’ve listed. I never “judged” them as you are saying.

Quit makin **** up

You’re the one hating on post when you certainly have not listed to the whole album.

Clown behaviour

"Thankfully a lot of people don’t share your garbage opinion."

"I guess it's cool to hate on whats popular. Classic hipster mentality. I haven't heard of 90% of the artists he mentioned in his post."

You in these two quotes discredit other music and call it "garbage". That to me sounds like a judgement of music you have never heard which is exactly what you are accusing me of... even though your statement is false and I have heard Post Malone's music before, and I have listened to an album of his before (Beerbongs & Bentleys), multiple singles, and I gave the new album a chance and I did not like any of them.

That is the issue I have with people using popularity or awards as a reason for why [insert artist/album] is the best. Odds are those people have never listened to anything outside of what they hear on a radio therefore it is very difficult to take their opinions seriously. Yes, it is quite alright to only listen to the radio music or whatever Spotify recommends; your musical choices do not matter to me and I am not gonna be offended if you never listen to an album I like. If you like what you listen to, then you have accomplished something and got enjoyment from it and that is what music is for. But when you hear things like "Post Malone released the best album of 2019", it sounds a lot like when causal basketball fans claim that "Russell Westbrook is the best player in the NBA. He averages a triple double man!". Sure, you have the MVP and the first triple double season in 50 years to back up your claim, but anyone who truly watches and cares about basketball knows for sure that Russell Westbrook is NOT the best player in the NBA.

Listening to Post Malone is fine, he makes extremely basic, catchy music which is (in my opinion) great to have on with friends or play at a party because its simplistic in nature, easy to sing along to, and is not really talking about or doing anything that takes a lot of effort to listen to. I can agree that the music I like is not really music you want to listen to with other people because it is a more of an intimate/solo listening experience. I am not naive enough to think that Freddie Gibbs "Practice", Quelle Chris "Straight Shot", or Billy Woods "CheckPoints" are going to be a radio regular or a popular track that people are going to hear come on the stereo and get excited about; they are meant for a totally different listening audience and experience.

So that being said, Post Malone has its place, but it certainty is not the "best" album of 2019. Yes, it may be the most popular and most well known and be enjoyed by the most people, but it is not the best.
Sandman88
Head Coach
And1: 6,527

Post#92 » by Sandman88 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:52 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

Quit makin **** up

Clown behaviour

"I guess it's cool to hate on whats popular. Classic hipster mentality. I haven't heard of 90% of the artists he mentioned in his post."

You in these two quotes discredit other music and call it "garbage". That to me sounds like a judgement of music you have never heard which is exactly what you are accusing me of... even though your statement is false and I have heard Post Malone's music before, and I have listened to an album of his before (Beerbongs & Bentleys), multiple singles, and I gave the new album a chance and I did not like any of them.

That is the issue I have with people using popularity or awards as a reason for why [insert artist/album] is the best. Odds are those people have never listened to anything outside of what they hear on a radio therefore it is very difficult to take their opinions seriously. Yes, it is quite alright to only listen to the radio music or whatever Spotify recommends; your musical choices do not matter to me and I am not gonna be offended if you never listen to an album I like. If you like what you listen to, then you have accomplished something and got enjoyment from it and that is what music is for. But when you hear things like "Post Malone released the best album of 2019", it sounds a lot like when causal basketball fans claim that "Russell Westbrook is the best player in the NBA. He averages a triple double man!". Sure, you have the MVP and the first triple double season in 50 years to back up your claim, but anyone who truly watches and cares about basketball knows for sure that Russell Westbrook is NOT the best player in the NBA.

Listening to Post Malone is fine, he makes extremely basic, catchy music which is (in my opinion) great to have on with friends or play at a party because its simplistic in nature, easy to sing along to, and is not really talking about or doing anything that takes a lot of effort to listen to. I can agree that the music I like is not really music you want to listen to with other people because it is a more of an intimate/solo listening experience. I am not naive enough to think that Freddie Gibbs "Practice", Quelle Chris "Straight Shot", or Billy Woods "CheckPoints" are going to be a radio regular or a popular track that people are going to hear come on the stereo and get excited about; they are meant for a totally different listening audience and experience.

So that being said, Post Malone has its place, but it certainty is not the "best" album of 2019. Yes, it may be the most popular and most well known and be enjoyed by the most people, but it is not the best.

Obviously your garbage opinion is hating on post when you haven’t heard the new album.

Why would I call the artists you listed garbage if I haven’t heard them?

Way to try and misrepresent my statement.
dozo
Senior
And1: 299

Post#93 » by dozo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:19 pm

RoyceDa59 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
RoyceDa59 wrote:

Torontos VERY OWN Frank Dukes produced 6 trakes on the new album.

He also collaborated "congratulations" for Stoney Album.

Shout out to the Tool Army The" Fear Inoculum" debuted #1 on Billbaord charts.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#94 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:46 pm

Sandman88 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:

Quit makin **** up

Clown behaviour

Obviously your garbage opinion is hating on post when you haven’t heard the new album.

alright this is my last comment because your skull is obviously to think to penetrate. I have (not have not, I HAVE) heard the new album and I had to turn it off halfway through when it was evident it’s no different than his BBB album, or his multitude of singles and features he has released and appeared on recently.

And I’m not sure.. why would you call my opinion garbage for saying my list > your post Malone when you haven’t heard them before? Only you can answer that one my man.

You’re out here getting offended and upset I don’t like Post Malone and spouting lIsTeN tO iT when I have, didn’t like it (just like everything else he’s released), and moved on whereas you haven’t listened to anything else. As someone who listens to hundreds of new albums a year, I’m not going to spend excessive amounts of time with an album from an artist I’ve previously disliked, heard nothing new from on my listen, and people I trust with music opinions as we share similar tastes have also given it a shot with similar responses.

But go ahead tell me to listen to it again, you’ll totally change my mind doing that.
Mikistan
RealGM

Post#95 » by Mikistan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:48 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

alright this is my last comment because your skull is obviously to think to penetrate. I have (not have not, I HAVE) heard the new album and I had to turn it off halfway through when it was evident it’s no different than his BBB album, or his multitude of singles and features he has released and appeared on recently.

And I’m not sure.. why would you call my opinion garbage for saying my list > your post Malone when you haven’t heard them before? Only you can answer that one my man.

You’re out here getting offended and upset I don’t like Post Malone and spouting lIsTeN tO iT when I have, didn’t like it (just like everything else he’s released), and moved on whereas you haven’t listened to anything else. As someone who listens to hundreds of new albums a year, I’m not going to spend excessive amounts of time with an album from an artist I’ve previously disliked, heard nothing new from on my listen, and people I trust with music opinions as we share similar tastes have also given it a shot with similar responses.

But go ahead tell me to listen to it again, you’ll totally change my mind doing that.

If you turned it off half way through, then you haven't listened to the album.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#96 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:51 pm

RoyceDa59 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
RoyceDa59 wrote:

2019 IMO has been a weak year for hip-hop although some of my more anticipated releases are slated to come out towards the end of the year but, my top 3 for 2019 is Freddie Gibbs “Bandana”, Tyler the Creators “Igor”, and there’s like a 8 way tie for 3rd but currently Little Brothers “May the Lord Watch” is in my rotation.

For 2018 I really enjoyed Kanye and Kid Cudis collaboration “KIDS SEE GHOSTS”, Pusha T’s “DAYTONA”, and Saba’s “Care for Me” but Avantdale Bowling Club (self titled) and Denzel Curry’s “TA13OO” was really good.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#97 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:54 pm

Mikistan wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:

If you listen to half an album and enjoy literally not a second of it you can turn it off and pretty much conclude on your experience with it... especially when you’ve heard many other tracks and projects from that artist. If you really want me to I could go play the last 20 minutes and come back with likely the same conclusion unless somehow Post Malone finally made a solid section of tracks in the last 5 to 6 songs?
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,251

Post#98 » by azcatz11 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:55 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
RoyceDa59 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:And I generally do do that. However, I listen to so much music i am not suffering through a **** album 3 times if I do not have to.

2019 IMO has been a weak year for hip-hop although some of my more anticipated releases are slated to come out towards the end of the year but, my top 3 for 2019 is Freddie Gibbs “Bandana”, Tyler the Creators “Igor”, and there’s like a 8 way tie for 3rd but currently Little Brothers “May the Lord Watch” is in my rotation.

For 2018 I really enjoyed Kanye and Kid Cudis collaboration “KIDS SEE GHOSTS”, Pusha T’s “DAYTONA”, and Saba’s “Care for Me” but Avantdale Bowling Club (self titled) and Denzel Curry’s “TA13OO” was really good.

Freddie Gibbs man...I loved him in college and didn't know he was still in the game. I don't really listen too rap anymore tho.

Slammin is one of the hardest tracks I've ever heard
Mikistan
RealGM

Post#99 » by Mikistan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:56 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

If you listen to half an album and enjoy literally not a second of it you can turn it off and pretty much conclude on your experience with it... especially when you’ve heard many other tracks and projects from that artist. If you really want me to I could go play the last 20 minutes and come back with likely the same conclusion unless somehow Post Malone finally made a solid section of tracks in the last 5 to 6 songs?

FVV was trash through the entire Philly series and first 2 games of the bucks series, so we shouldn't play him the last 4 games of the bucks series or finals?
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,461

Post#100 » by Brinbe » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:10 pm

lmfao, culture vulture traaaaaaaaaash. post malone is wild gaaaaaaaaarbage. fk outta here with this crap.

pls support actual good, young artists like cordae

Return to Toronto Raptors