International Affairs

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,074

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#421 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:02 pm

stellation wrote:This is more cray-cray than a stuttering defunct supercomputer company.

Wisconsin reference!
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,698

Post#422 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:16 pm

Only Dino Meneghin was throwing better elbows than Luis Scola

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#423 » by emunney » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Didn't watch the game, but woof, this is a bad call. Gasol uproots him from the back/side, Bogut gets called for the high arm.

Read on Twitter
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#424 » by truly » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:33 pm

Yeah i dont know how you see a Bogut foul there.I personally wouldnt call anything and let it play out but if you had to call a foul it would be against Gasol.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,074

Post#425 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:59 pm

That was an awful call against Bogut. You don’t make that call with 10 seconds left. Somewhere Dick Bavetta smiles.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#426 » by Beorn » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:00 pm

Same old story with Spain :D
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#427 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:02 pm

That was an awesome game that Spain deserved to win. There was a makeup call the very next time down the court after the BS foul on Bogut. As always, Bogut remains a weak-minded punk with his asinine conspiracy comments after the game. Australia missed a ton of good shots down the stretch and Spain outplayed them. Gasol, Rubio and Llull were fantastic.

He’s a **** baby! *Giannis voice*

Read on Twitter

The FIBA headquarters are in Switzerland by the way, so he’s also an idiot.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#428 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Beorn wrote:Same old story with Spain :D

The most composed, best executing, big shot making team down the stretch? I agree.

The story should not be about refereeing. It was the standard poorly officiated FIBA game on both sides.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,928

Post#429 » by stellation » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:09 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:That was an awesome game that Spain deserved to win. There was a makeup call the very next time down the court after the BS foul on Bogut. As always, Bogut remains a weak-minded punk with his asinine conspiracy comments after the game. Australia missed a ton of good shots down the stretch and Spain outplayed them. Gasol, Rubio and Llull were fantastic.

He’s a **** baby. *Giannis voice*

Read on Twitter

The FIBA headquarters are in Switzerland by the way, so he’s also an idiot.

They pulled that call for Gasol out of their arse, I'd rather guys not be sore losers but given Spain won at the Olympics on a phantom call I can understand them being genuinely upset/shellshocked and losing it over this.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,906

Post#430 » by Plossum » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:17 pm

Love Bogey’s passion but I thought his comments post game were a bit weak. It was just a **** call. We’ve seen a lot of them this tournament. Patty got one down the floor the next play. It was a tough loss but tough to put it down to one blown call.
#LockUpChuck
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#431 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:30 pm

Bogut’s quick to expose himself for what he is with his idiotic conspiracy accusations. Not the first time.

Australia had 22 turnovers, missed bunnies down the stretch, got nothing out of Baynes and had their tapas eaten by Marc Gasol and Rubio. Ingles wasn’t as aggressive as he’s been throughout the tournament and Spain capitalized. Was pulling for the Boomers but they can only blame themselves.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,651

Post#432 » by blazza18 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:16 am

Bogues vented in his own way. Would assume a fair few other Boomers thought the same thing. He should've done the totally normal athlete thing and called out his teammates post game and then maybe you'd be happy Chuck? :lol:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#433 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:27 am

He can do whatever he wants, just exposes himself. The Aussies are lying to themselves if they think that one bad call cost them the game. They crumbled.

I just particularly hate fake conspiracy **** because it erases accountability and makes a really good, tough Boomer team look like they think of themselves as victims. But dudes say dumb emotional **** after losses, I get it.
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#434 » by ClassicJack » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:29 am

blazza18 wrote:Bogues vented in his own way. Would assume a fair few other Boomers thought the same thing. He should've done the totally normal athlete thing and called out his teammates post game and then maybe you'd be happy Chuck? :lol:

Who are these all these athletes normally calling out their teammates?

Funny enough, if Bogut played well and his teammates were sh'tty, he's one of the few athletes I wouldn't be surprised to see call out his teammates with zero self awareness. Because he has been and always will be an unbridled douche.

I'll be glad when he hangs it up because the Boomers are really likable outside of him. Of course Benamin Simmons will probably be around at that point to fill the douche void.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
blazza18
RealGM

Post#435 » by blazza18 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:28 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:He can do whatever he wants, just exposes himself. The Aussies are lying to themselves if they think that one bad call cost them the game. They crumbled.

I just particularly hate fake conspiracy **** because it erases accountability and makes a really good, tough Boomer team look like they think of themselves as victims. But dudes say dumb emotional **** after losses, I get it.

Yes, they went the direction every team does. You'd be reacting a little differently here if the player who did it wasn't Bogut though.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#436 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:49 am

blazza18 wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:He can do whatever he wants, just exposes himself. The Aussies are lying to themselves if they think that one bad call cost them the game. They crumbled.

Yes, they went the direction every team does. You'd be reacting a little differently here if the player who did it wasn't Bogut though.

That’s just not true though. Every team doesn’t spout wild conspiracies after they lose and make bribe insinuating hand gestures while the outcome of a game still hangs in the balance. His history does make me react more strongly.

FIBA officiating is wildly uneven across the board. No one was out to get Australia.
blazza18
RealGM

Post#437 » by blazza18 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:57 am

Yea, not gonna touch the Bogut stuff..

If a team gets screwed over (in their minds) in b2b tournaments against the same opposing team I would bet they'd have similar reactions. Specially with how emotional these guys get at that level.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#438 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:05 am

Anyway, this Argentina team’s run to the gold medal game really makes the 2017 Team USA victory on their soil even more impressive. A Jeff Can Gundy coached squad of Kendall Marshall, Xavier Munford, Marshall Plumlee and some G-league/European league guys came back from a huge deficit in a super hostile gym to win. One of the most fun FIBA games I can remember in a long time. All of Argentina’s key guys except Scola were on that team. Same guys who just dismantled an an NBA laden French team with the NBA DPOY after beating Jokic, Bogdanovic and the Serbs.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,698

Post#439 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:33 am

So happy to see Argentina come back, for a while it looked like they might have a huge generation gap with nobody coming to replace their big names. But these guys Deck and Vildoza are just entering their prime, Campazzo/Laprovittola should be good for a few more years, and there seem to be some young talent on that team to develop.

I've always liked Argentina because fans and players are basically one and the same. Just nuts for their team.
trublu
Sophomore
And1: 103

Post#440 » by trublu » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:13 pm

Plossum wrote:Love Bogey’s passion but I thought his comments post game were a bit weak. It was just a **** call. We’ve seen a lot of them this tournament. Patty got one down the floor the next play. It was a tough loss but tough to put it down to one blown call.

If I hadn't watched 10-12 other non-Aussie games, I would have agreed with Bogut. But having watched some of the Greece and Serbia games it's pretty apparent that the FIBA standard of officiating is generally poor. Some calls made in general play are head-scratchers, but it's more that they seem to inject themselves at a crucial time in the game that has a heavy bearing on the outcome. Giannis' two charging calls to foul out early in the fourth against the Czech Republic springs to mind. I reckon it cost them a place in the quarter finals.

If that BS call on Bogut isn't made, we secure the rebound with 8 secs to go, we get fouled, hit two free throws, we're up by three, Spain has <5 secs to hit the three. Hard to see how that bad call didn't cost us the game. Yes, we missed bunnies, had stupid turnovers and allowed Spain back in, but even after all of that we were leading with 8 secs to go and about to secure possession...
Baddy Chuck wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:Could thon be suspended in the nba?

I commend people like you that can look for the silver lining in a situation like this.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks