ImageImageImage

2019 season speculation including trade ideas

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Will Booker make the all-star team this year?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 77

jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Re: 2019 Free agency and trade speculation: 43 more days til season opener! 

Post#101 » by jcsunsfan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:18 pm

sunsbg wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:The problem with Bogdon is that he has a star mentality and a limited journeyman skill set. He shoots and has an ok handle. His passing is moderate. His defense is horrible. But he wants to take the last shot every time.

Just curious do you also consider Warren a 'limited journeyman' ?

He's pretty skilled at feeding the big man in the post, I have seen him do it for Vesely on Fenerbahce, the big men on Serbia team, also seen a comment for that once he had 10a in NBA game. I can guarantee you, he would have meshed with Ayton very well, much better than Booker.

And how did you come with 'he wants to take the last shot every time' ? He's certainly not a 'me first' player, like most Euro players btw.

To a certain extent, yes. TJ is a more efficient offensive player than Bogdan. TJ is a forward, not a guard, so not as much distribution would be expected. The big difference is that TJ does not try to play like he is a superstar at the end of games. I have gotten this by watching him play. Its not that he is "me-first" but he tends to dominate the ball like he thinks he is the best player on the court at the time. Its just his mentality.

Both players have limitations in their set of skills.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,032

Re: 2019 Free agency and trade speculation: 43 more days til season opener! 

Post#102 » by sunsbg » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:41 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:The problem with Bogdon is that he has a star mentality and a limited journeyman skill set. He shoots and has an ok handle. His passing is moderate. His defense is horrible. But he wants to take the last shot every time.

Just curious do you also consider Warren a 'limited journeyman' ?

He's pretty skilled at feeding the big man in the post, I have seen him do it for Vesely on Fenerbahce, the big men on Serbia team, also seen a comment for that once he had 10a in NBA game. I can guarantee you, he would have meshed with Ayton very well, much better than Booker.

And how did you come with 'he wants to take the last shot every time' ? He's certainly not a 'me first' player, like most Euro players btw.

To a certain extent, yes. TJ is a more efficient offensive player than Bogdan. TJ is a forward, not a guard, so not as much distribution would be expected. The big difference is that TJ does not try to play like he is a superstar at the end of games. I have gotten this by watching him play. Its not that he is "me-first" but he tends to dominate the ball like he thinks he is the best player on the court at the time. Its just his mentality.

Both players have limitations in their set of skills.

I have not seen him dominate the ball in EL and FIBA play, when he's the star player on the team, so hard to imagine he's doing it on a team with NBA players as a backup, but let's agree to disagree.
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Re: 2019 Free agency and trade speculation: 40 more days til season opener! 

Post#103 » by Wilber85 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:23 pm

Did any of y’all ever think Warren just didn’t fit the teams culture ?

Booker , oubre , bridges , and ayton all have similar personalities , where Warren reminds me of Carlton from fresh prince of bel air , probably dresses like him too
Scutt
Senior
And1: 552

Post#104 » by Scutt » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:31 am

Wilber85 wrote:Did any of y’all ever think Warren just didn’t fit the teams culture ?

Booker , oubre , bridges , and ayton all have similar personalities , where Warren reminds me of Carlton from fresh prince of bel air , probably dresses like him too

Similar in that they all like rocking turtle necks, obnoxious jewelry, and ill fitting capri pants? But seriously, Booker, Ayton, and Oubre all have outgoing personalities and strike me as peacocks who like having attention drawn their way. Not sure if I'd lump Bridges in there though and to be honest I'm not sure the Suns even have a culture at this point, other than losing of course.
darmani
Starter
And1: 2,731

Post#105 » by darmani » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:40 am

How the **** has Booker become the face of this year's Team USA's failure?
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
jcsunsfan
Head Coach

Post#106 » by jcsunsfan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:21 am

darmani wrote:

Devin Booker was never even extended and invitation because Colangelo knew he was nursing nagging injuries.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,657

Re: 2019 Free agency and trade speculation: 39 more days til season opener! 

Post#107 » by Qwigglez » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:59 pm

A little over 2 weeks away from media day, a little over 3 weeks away from preseason opener and less than 6 weeks away from season opener! Anyone else getting a bit excited?
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#108 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:20 pm

darmani wrote:

The players ON the roster ought to be viewed as the face of the team's failure. Talking about how our best players aren't on the team... is anyone going to sit here and seriously argue that Team USA did not have the best roster in the WC? The other contending teams have 2 or 3 NBA players on their rosters, whereas we had nothing but upper tier NBA players. This whole narrative is BS.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach

Post#109 » by jcsunsfan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:18 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
darmani wrote:

The players ON the roster ought to be viewed as the face of the team's failure. Talking about how our best players aren't on the team... is anyone going to sit here and seriously argue that Team USA did not have the best roster in the WC? The other contending teams have 2 or 3 NBA players on their rosters, whereas we had nothing but upper tier NBA players. This whole narrative is BS.

There are three categories of players.

1. Those ON the roster that failed. (Walker, Mitchell, Turner, Tatum, Barnes, Middleton, Brown, Harris, Plumlee, Smart, Lopez)
2. Those who committed to or were at camp and left. (Beal, Davis, Drummond, Harden, Gordon, Lillard, Love, Lowry, McCollum, Kuzma, Millsap)
3. Those who were invited and declined. (too many to list)

Booker was not in ANY of those categories. I think Colagelo's greatest frustration was the second category.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach

Post#110 » by jcsunsfan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:14 pm

darmani wrote:

There is an easier answer than what I have given so far.

It's Amin Elhassan that is talking. That's how Booker became the face of it. That guy does not need facts. He just says whatever he wants to hurt the Suns.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,809

Post#111 » by Saberestar » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:42 pm

Read on Twitter
In2ition
Senior
And1: 259

Post#112 » by In2ition » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:15 am

jcsunsfan wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
darmani wrote:

There are three categories of players.

1. Those ON the roster that failed. (Walker, Mitchell, Turner, Tatum, Barnes, Middleton, Brown, Harris, Plumlee, Smart, Lopez)
2. Those who committed to or were at camp and left. (Beal, Davis, Drummond, Harden, Gordon, Lillard, Love, Lowry, McCollum, Kuzma, Millsap)
3. Those who were invited and declined. (too many to list)

Booker was not in ANY of those categories. I think Colagelo's greatest frustration was the second category.

When Booker came out at his camp and told Dave King that he was approached and turned it down because he wanted to go into training camp healthy, that doesn't count as #3?
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#113 » by Crives » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:10 pm

Baynes could be out until season opener
Read on Twitter
?s=21
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager

Post#114 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:22 pm

Scutt wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:Did any of y’all ever think Warren just didn’t fit the teams culture ?

Similar in that they all like rocking turtle necks, obnoxious jewelry, and ill fitting capri pants? But seriously, Booker, Ayton, and Oubre all have outgoing personalities and strike me as peacocks who like having attention drawn their way. Not sure if I'd lump Bridges in there though and to be honest I'm not sure the Suns even have a culture at this point, other than losing of course.

I think TJ felt justifiably slighted and diminished by the FO. He and Booker didn't mesh because both are natural scorers, except TJ needs a PG, while Booker gets the ball by default in the absence of a PG. Had we placed those two along a great PG early on and set them up as equals, I feel like the team would have had a lot more success, and TJ a lot more money.

TJ didn't get the minutes he deserved behind Tucker and the Morrii early on. Injuries and tanking further undermined his development. Booker, meanwhile, had a path cleared out for him to take over early on. Booker took the mantle of the franchise while TJ signed a contract for less than half as much, and didn't get the attention or accolades, despite being just as effective as Booker, albeit in a different way.

I think the disparity in how Booker and TJ were treated, and their lack of chemistry, really killed TJ's relationship with the team. And that sour relationship is why TJ had to be moved on. Too bad. Grab TJ in fantasy, folks, cuz this year will be different.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,809

Post#115 » by Saberestar » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:09 am

Crives wrote:Baynes could be out until season opener
Read on Twitter
?s=21

****, really bad news because he was in great shape but this kind of injuries are tough to deal with.
He can be OK in a month... probably but I am not sure about it.
darmani
Starter
And1: 2,731

Re: 2019 Free agency and trade speculation: 37 more days til season opener! 

Post#116 » by darmani » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:34 pm

Read on Twitter
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
timetoshinebaby
Junior
And1: 309

Post#117 » by timetoshinebaby » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:01 am

Anyone think we will make any move before the season, large or small?
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#118 » by TASTIC » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:54 am

timetoshinebaby wrote:Anyone think we will make any move before the season, large or small?

I don't think before.

But I think if we're even sniffing the playoffs come Dec-Jan, we make a move for Love involving Tyler and a pick or two. Just a suspicion.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager

Post#119 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:07 am

TASTIC wrote:
timetoshinebaby wrote:Anyone think we will make any move before the season, large or small?

I don't think before.

But I think if we're even sniffing the playoffs come Dec-Jan, we make a move for Love involving Tyler and a pick or two. Just a suspicion.

Pundits talk about Saric's next contract being prohibitive, but there is just no chance that contract will be anything near the horror that is Kevin Love's contract.

Pass.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#120 » by Crives » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:26 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
TASTIC wrote:

I don't think before.

Pundits talk about Saric's next contract being prohibitive, but there is just no chance that contract will be anything near the horror that is Kevin Love's contract.

Pass.

Looking around the league.... pfs seem to be going extinct... maybe hardest position to find now that pfs need to be able to shoot. Hopefully Saric works out and we get him on a good long term deal

Return to Phoenix Suns