ImageImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz Updates Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

mrtcsm
Rookie
And1: 105

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#181 » by mrtcsm » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Another video surfaces and it seems Kelle has been taking some shots recently...

https://www.instagram.com/stories/markellefultz/?hl=en

...shooting paintballs but hey, everything counts! :wink:

Guess that shoulder is feeling alright!
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#182 » by JBSouthpaw » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:36 pm

mrtcsm wrote:Another video surfaces and it seems Kelle has been taking some shots recently...

https://www.instagram.com/stories/markellefultz/?hl=en

...shooting paintballs but hey, everything counts! :wink:

Guess that shoulder is feeling alright!

Good to see him having a life.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#183 » by j-ragg » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:53 pm

I'm pretty agnostic toward Markelle for the most part, I dunno wtf really happened with him for sure but obviously here and there some weird things happened. The only thing I never really understood was why would he have the 'yips'? I guess I could see it being the case more if he was a role player in college who was kinda starting to break out in the league. But he dominated the PAC12, had a historic freshman season numbers why. I just don't get why the next level would mentally mess with him. Doesn't keep me up at night or anything just kind of always thought about that, although never really understood yips that well in the first place.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#184 » by yoyojw17 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:51 pm

j-ragg wrote:I'm pretty agnostic toward Markelle for the most part, I dunno wtf really happened with him for sure but obviously here and there some weird things happened. The only thing I never really understood was why would he have the 'yips'? I guess I could see it being the case more if he was a role player in college who was kinda starting to break out in the league. But he dominated the PAC12, had a historic freshman season numbers why. I just don't get why the next level would mentally mess with him. Doesn't keep me up at night or anything just kind of always thought about that, although never really understood yips that well in the first place.

It was something that was just a mystery from the beginning.... even to the player that it was occurring too. they have isolated and determined the problem.... but prior to that conspiracy theories started popping up cuz media had nothing else to do... making everything even worse for the kid and by the time the dust settles...and 100 rounds of "telephone" has been played. "Markelle Fultz is a genetically enhanced experiment with a malfunctioning arm and glitching CPu unit"

and this is why WeHam has kept their mouth shut since then. lol
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#185 » by basketballRob » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:42 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
j-ragg wrote:I'm pretty agnostic toward Markelle for the most part, I dunno wtf really happened with him for sure but obviously here and there some weird things happened. The only thing I never really understood was why would he have the 'yips'? I guess I could see it being the case more if he was a role player in college who was kinda starting to break out in the league. But he dominated the PAC12, had a historic freshman season numbers why. I just don't get why the next level would mentally mess with him. Doesn't keep me up at night or anything just kind of always thought about that, although never really understood yips that well in the first place.

It was something that was just a mystery from the beginning.... even to the player that it was occurring too. they have isolated and determined the problem.... but prior to that conspiracy theories started popping up cuz media had nothing else to do... making everything even worse for the kid and by the time the dust settles...and 100 rounds of "telephone" has been played. "Markelle Fultz is a genetically enhanced experiment with a malfunctioning arm and glitching CPu unit"

and this is why WeHam has kept their mouth shut since then. lol
When Embiid was out for those years, the team prohibited him from even using social media. I think that's the proper way to handle it.

I'm sure we won't here anything about Okeke either, until he's playing.

I just don't think there is some underlying reason why we're not hearing more about Fultz.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#186 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:11 am

I liken to musicians developing stage fright. They may start off ok but as time goes on it gets worse and worse. They can either work thru it or let their disability get the best of them. Hopefully, Fultz fight thru this and has a NBA career.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#187 » by basketballRob » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:22 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:

I liken to musicians developing stage fright. They may start off ok but as time goes on it gets worse and worse. They can either work thru it or let their disability get the best of them. Hopefully, Fultz fight thru this and has a NBA career.
I'm sure the Magic were ahead of the curve and have a few psychologist employed.

yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#188 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:12 am

basketballRob wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

I'm sure the Magic were ahead of the curve and have a few psychologist employed.

Or there are no fears and people might just be making up the psychological repercussions. He's probably perfectly fine but just because one person said the word "Yips" and "psychological problems" during the entire debacle.... it spreads like wild fire. and with no constant updates.... it just keeps on burning and the severity might be fully overblown. Yes... he had a problem.... the confusion and misdiagnosis will drive anyone up a wall.... but doesn't mean he has some kind of PTSD from it. lol. let's just wait and see how he performs.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#189 » by basketballRob » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:33 am

yoyojw17 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Or there are no fears and people might just be making up the psychological repercussions. He's probably perfectly fine but just because one person said the word "Yips" and "psychological problems" during the entire debacle.... it spreads like wild fire. and with no constant updates.... it just keeps on burning and the severity might be fully overblown. Yes... he had a problem.... the confusion and misdiagnosis will drive anyone up a wall.... but doesn't mean he has some kind of PTSD from it. lol. let's just wait and see how he performs.
Isaac went out of his way to say the Fultz has been working his but off in that Denton article today. Denton also said, JI is near 7' now. Maybe he's over 7' with shoes on.

Magic4champ
Junior
And1: 237

Post#190 » by Magic4champ » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:55 am

https://www.nba.com/magic/isaac-thats-what-its-all-about-wanting-more

I think Markelle is ready to play for training camp. Can't wait for the season to start.
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#191 » by MagicFrenchie » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:31 am

After the videos and little informations here and here, I actually will be dissapointed if he doesn't suit up for training camp.

I think he's healty, bodywie at least.
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#192 » by Jiwol » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:54 pm

He’s spent most of his off time in the gym, something that has allowed him to build a friendship and plenty of chemistry with point guard Markelle Fultz – another promising young player who could evolve into being a difference-maker this season for the Magic.

``Markelle has been working his butt off this summer,’’ Isaac said of Fultz, who is still rehabilitating his right shoulder from Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. ``I’ve gotten a chance to be in the gym with him and hang out and he’s working really hard. He’s doing what he’s got to do to be successful this season.’’
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#193 » by PrimeThyme » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:31 am

C'mon, I need my leaked footage fix so I can get excited again
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#194 » by fendilim » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Still rehabbing.. guess he wont be ready for camp
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,153

Post#195 » by Knightro » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:52 pm

fendilim wrote:Still rehabbing.. guess he wont be ready for camp

What have you heard?

Not seeing anything like this on social media just yet.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#196 » by Def Swami » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:56 pm

Media Day will be telling. If the Magic are still being coy about Fultz's status come day 1 of training camp and still can't confirm if he's participating with the team and going to play in the preseason, then I'm not sure there should be much hope for the kid. It's the most important question we can get answered out of Media Day (September 30). He's essentially been rehabbing for the last 10 months.

Fultz was always going to be a low risk, high reward kind of acquisition. However, the importance of Fultz elevated after the front office decided to not address their point guard weakness at all during the off-season. If for whatever reason, Augustin or MCW gets hurt during the season, and Fultz is still a no-go, we're going to be set up for failure with 1 active point guard and watching Evan Fournier run an offense with the 2nd unit smh. It becomes an issue of depth.

They essentially put their eggs into the Fultz basket without any real clear back up plan. They punted on using the draft or free agency to fill those needs, but were perfectly fine doubling down on their gluttony of power forwards for some reason.

They don't need Fultz to be great or even starter material. But, they do need him available to play at least as a back up point guard.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#197 » by SOUL » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:10 pm

Knightro wrote:
fendilim wrote:Still rehabbing.. guess he wont be ready for camp

What have you heard?

Not seeing anything like this on social media just yet.

Probably just people making up their own minds as usual..
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#198 » by zaymon » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:49 pm

Def Swami wrote:Media Day will be telling. If the Magic are still being coy about Fultz's status come day 1 of training camp and still can't confirm if he's participating with the team and going to play in the preseason, then I'm not sure there should be much hope for the kid. It's the most important question we can get answered out of Media Day (September 30). He's essentially been rehabbing for the last 10 months.

Fultz was always going to be a low risk, high reward kind of acquisition. However, the importance of Fultz elevated after the front office decided to not address their point guard weakness at all during the off-season. If for whatever reason, Augustin or MCW gets hurt during the season, and Fultz is still a no-go, we're going to be set up for failure with 1 active point guard and watching Evan Fournier run an offense with the 2nd unit smh. It becomes an issue of depth.

They essentially put their eggs into the Fultz basket without any real clear back up plan. They punted on using the draft or free agency to fill those needs, but were perfectly fine doubling down on their gluttony of power forwards for some reason.

They don't need Fultz to be great or even starter material. But, they do need him available to play at least as a back up point guard.

I dont know if its putting all eggs in one basket. There was really no one who made sense for us. It would be way worse to overpay guys like Rubio. To me that would be mediocrity move. Weltman chose the higher reward move and i dont even know if its higher risk. NBA right now is more about good contracts than before, Josh freaking Richardson got miami Butler. If Fultz is healthy we have a perfect rotation, if he is not we have good enough rotation to propably make playoffs with DJ and MCW. If we have injury plagued season we can draft high in creator heavy year. win, win.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,153

Post#199 » by Knightro » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:50 pm

Def Swami wrote:Media Day will be telling. If the Magic are still being coy about Fultz's status come day 1 of training camp and still can't confirm if he's participating with the team and going to play in the preseason, then I'm not sure there should be much hope for the kid. It's the most important question we can get answered out of Media Day (September 30). He's essentially been rehabbing for the last 10 months.

Agree with this wholeheartedly.

If Fultz isn't able to practice in training camp after 10 months of rehab, it stands to reason he's just not going to ever be healthy.

How could the Magic possibly justify picking up his option for 20-21 on October 31st if he still can't go in September?
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#200 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:53 pm

Def Swami wrote:They essentially put their eggs into the Fultz basket without any real clear back up plan. They punted on using the draft or free agency to fill those needs, but were perfectly fine doubling down on their gluttony of power forwards for some reason.

... for the time being.

I have taken time away from this board over much of the offseason but it is refreshing to see that you guys haven’t lost your passion for treating every decision as a generation defining mistake.

a) There will always be another draft pick.

b) If Fultz clearly isn’t the answer, we can shop AG and / or others if we feel a need to capitalize now.

There is no hesitation at all from me in saying that Fultz has the most super star potential of anyone to put on the Orlando Magic jersey since Dwight.

That FACT is enough to take a flier on one single season to see if he can be that guy again.

Return to Orlando Magic