ImageImageImage

NÒMADES D'En Ricky. The Grey Havens.

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Re: 黑巨星太阳的游牧者,太阳下的凤凰,兄弟,我们不能在露天健身房翻倍!整个赛季我都明白! 

Post#121 » by MathiasPW » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:22 pm

Do I feel a challenger for your love for Telletubio right there?
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#122 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:38 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reino de Las Españas 67 - Repubblica Italiana 60Image
First Spanish performance at Fiba Phase 2 wasn't so solid as Marvel Phase 2 but got the job done.Image

With an unsullied 4-0 W record is yet mathematically classified to next phase regardless what happens Sunday against Srbjca.Image

The hard-nosed hustler Italian basketball is now legend from the past. New generations (Bellinelli, Datome, Galinari, Gentile...) get tons of talent and skills but they lost the ability to wrestle in the mud in return.

Spain was intended to win the game mainly by defense.
They nailed it.

The Golden Boy 15 pts (1/3 3p) (3/8 2p) (6/7 1p) - 2 reb - 2 ast - 2 stl wasn't shinny at offense (7 TO) but was lite disrupting the italian game.

Gasol and him well supported by Claver, Rudy and Ribas focused to lead the team into one of best defenses seen in this tournament with aussie permission. Italia just got trapped.
They try to win out of pure talent + Biligha defensive IQ but that was just not enough under the spanish relentless pressure with one or two men jumping to help and trap after each italian pass.

Today, other guys got the lights in attack (Juancho WallyGator and Llull).
They even had to join Rubio's highlights with WallyGator's ones to make it some long. Fair enough.
Read on Twitter

RR had something to say after the game:

I hear him loud and clear.
I hope they will listen at Arizona as well.

Today, no BBFs.
So, normal they struggled to win.

Addendo:
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#123 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:41 pm

MathiasPW wrote:Do I feel a challenger for your love for Telletubio right there?
Same as Tolliver, the Golden Boy is not a jealous God.

I'm fanboy of plenty NBA players and coaches
None of them to Rubio's extend tho.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#124 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Sep 7, 2019 10:47 am

Commonwealth Of Australia 82 - 76 República Dominicana

There's no perfect player.
Not even Jordan, Duncan, Donkey Green or Gorgui Dieng.
All of them show frailties and specific defects.

Aron Barbarroja Baynes get tons of them f.i.

No post game beyond hook bank shot, can't put the ball at the floor, his pass tecnique is but average and his game reading is limited to know where and when to be and don't try what he doesn't know (and that's plenty of IQ, mark you).

But his most flashy frailty is maybe something that happens to him couple of times per season for unknown reasons (random enough) that didn't make any Civil Court (so far) but provided some entertaining moments.

He drifts offtrack.

You know you legit like someone when not only you tolerate his frailties but you find them out to be funny.

Aron Baynes: 10 points / 5 rebounds / 4 fouls + 1 technical (ejected at 3Q)
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#125 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Sep 8, 2019 3:48 pm

Србија 69 - España 81

I would like to say Srbija did his best and Spain just was better.

But #IsItLikeThis?
The winner of Srbija-Spain can't meet USA 'til World Final

The Shadow of The Сolossus was planning all over the place:
Would Sasha Djordjevic rather take on American Team in semi-finals than in The Final Game?
Does he think they will get more chances that way?

He benched Bjeliça & Jokiç from the beginning.
First time his team gets some flow he puts immediately Marjanovic at court so Spain is abled to overplay him by smallball.
And then, he practically cheered for the ref in The Joker's ejection.
Read on Twitter

Am I a paranoid?
Mmmh... maybe.

But me being a paranoid doesn't necessarily implies the whole thing not to be an elaborated ruse.

Anyway, Spanish defense was legit lite and our Golden Boy displayed a solid performance.
So who cares?

Read on Twitter

25:37min
19 pts (2/3 3p) (3/10 2p) (7/7 1p)
5 reb (2off)
4 ast
1 stl
1 TO
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#126 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:29 pm

La Gr andeur 98 - 100 Ye Boomers

This is the game I enjoyed the more so far this tournament.

Autralia is one of my preferred Basketball National Teams.
Gauls no that much but I like Rudy The Stumps and feel some respect for Collejet's game; facepalms and stuff but still more competetive & stabilized than they habitually concede him.

If any I missed some blood.

Nando's sneaky beef aside, nobody took it personal: the If we win, great... if we don't, not the end of the world.-ésque game mode lead to kinda relaxed display inside a tolerable thougness treshold.

You will get some easy middle-range spots as long as you know you'll stand hard hits if you step in the paint or deal a screen.
O yeah... and all threes will be more or less contested unless you're a humoungous Center with a red beard.

That last thing was a blatant Collejet scouting team's mistake.
No news of that from Boomer bench... Longley & Lemanis got no trouble handling the game and got room enought to amuse themselves with Ol'Man's friendly teasing on Stumps Gobert.

Read on Twitter

Collejet was getting more and more blushed along the game, what in his usually iguanescal body language, counts like embarassment.

Read on Twitter

...Aron...

Read on Twitter

...fuqin' troll...

A respectable Spanish ex-coach narrating the TVgame wrote:My Lord, Baaaaaynes!! ...well... for what we're seeing this tournament, we can say Phoenix Suns are now NBA Ring contenders.

21 pts (%79 FG, %83 3P -5/6!!-, %100 FT) 5 reb 2 ast + 3 French off fls on him(at 4th Q)
timetoshinebaby
Junior
And1: 309

Post#127 » by timetoshinebaby » Mon Sep 9, 2019 11:35 pm

I've been watching Baynes and tend to be impressed as it seems he has added a 3 point shot. For example, last night he went 5/6 and Australia seem to be using him as an outside shooter at times. He was also 3/5 the other night. For the tournament, he is 53% on 3 attempts per 22 mins.

I'm not suggesting that he is going to be a knock down shooter but it would be good to have a bigger guy that other teams would have to respect from longer range who has the confidence to shoot if its the best option. It also looks like his last season in Boston saw a considerable jump in 3pt %.

I think he might actually be a good pick up in the end. He seems to play with fire, he does do silly things at times but he seems happy being the team man and the role player. Probably good to light a fire under D'Ándre. I try not to be over critical of Baynes as he isn't ever going to be the starting centre.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#128 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:27 am

timetoshinebaby wrote:I've been watching Baynes and tend to be impressed as it seems he has added a 3 point shot. For example, last night he went 5/6 and Australia seem to be using him as an outside shooter at times. He was also 3/5 the other night. For the tournament, he is 53% on 3 attempts per 22 mins.

I'm not suggesting that he is going to be a knock down shooter but it would be good to have a bigger guy that other teams would have to respect from longer range who has the confidence to shoot if its the best option. It also looks like his last season in Boston saw a considerable jump in 3pt %.

I think he might actually be a good pick up in the end. He seems to play with fire, he does do silly things at times but he seems happy being the team man and the role player. Probably good to light a fire under D'Ándre. I try not to be over critical of Baynes as he isn't ever going to be the starting centre.

I don't know if he'll stay more than a season here.
I'd like it.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,556

Re: The nomads of the black giant sun, the phoenix under the sun, brothers, we can't double in the open gym! 

Post#129 » by Calvin Klein » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:24 pm

I've rooted for Ricky so far. No longer. Down he goes now.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,015

Re: The nomads of the black giant sun, the phoenix under the sun, brothers, we can't double in the open gym! 

Post#130 » by sunsbg » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:22 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:I've rooted for Ricky so far. No longer. Down he goes now.

For me Argentina is the favorite, though the bookies say otherwise. Interesting final.
darmani
Sixth Man
And1: 2,728

Post#131 » by darmani » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:21 pm

Argentina plays by far the best team defense in this World Cup. Will be interesting to see what will be Spain's and Rubio's game plan against them.
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades Black Troll Suns, Los Soenix al Phol. (Insert Internet co.) Translator Is Dark And Full Of Horrors, 

Post#132 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:24 am

I wouldn't say there's a clear favorite.

Spain looks like a better team but argentinians play hard like hell and often manage themselves to summon some skills hardly boxscoreable but pretty efficient.

Whatever the winner will be an extremely though game.
Calvin Klein
RealGM

Post#133 » by Calvin Klein » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:20 pm

sunsbg wrote:

For me Argentina is the favorite, though the bookies say otherwise. Interesting final.

I don't think they should have ever been favourites since the second round. They have to play a perfect game to win, which they have done until now.

Spain is just too damn big and good. They have everything.

Not over yet, we have 30-0 run ready to go :lol:
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#134 » by Crives » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:29 pm

Rubio’s rebounding has been very impressive.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,015

Post#135 » by sunsbg » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:05 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

I don't think they should have ever been favourites since the second round. They have to play a perfect game to win, which they have done until now.

Spain is just too damn big and good. They have everything.

Not over yet, we have 30-0 run ready to go :lol:

I couldn't be further from the truth :D , but at least there is a world champion and MVP of the tournament on the Suns roster now.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades Black Troll Sun, Los Soenix al Phol. ¡RICARD RUBIO I VIVES: MVP OF THE WORLD! 

Post#136 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:27 pm

What do these two guys have in common?

Read on Twitter

They're both reigning MVP OF THE WORLD!

Calvin Klein
RealGM

Post#137 » by Calvin Klein » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:55 pm

Yeah. Congrats!

Can't wait to watch Ricky in a Suns uniform.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades Black Troll Suns, Los Soenix al Phol. RICARD RUBIO I VIVES: MVP OF THE WORLD! 

Post#138 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:11 am

I guess I should do some brick-post (i say AAR) anal yzing The Golden Boy's World Tournament and how will affect Phoenix Suns.

But let me first digest the whole thing.
From now, I'll just say:

Respect for Argentina.

Comparing the different stages of generational replacement process both squads are ongoing now, the albiceleste displayed such an awesome and meritory tournament as Spain.
They are all hearth and soul and if new talents as Deck or Bolmaro keep growing, they will get even better.

I just educately point out that sure we'll miss Pau Gasol (likely he will quit after next Olympics) but Ginobili is more than missed.

I can imagine Spain being similarly strong without Pau, in the future.

But I cannot imagine any future Argentina same strong as they were with Manu.

Read on Twitter

Congrats to Spain! Amazing game and legit World Champion!
I'm proud of argentinian squad. Silver medal is great! What an awesome tournament!
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades Black Troll Suns, Los Soenix al Phol. RICARD RUBIO I VIVES: MVP OF THE WORLD! 

Post#139 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:41 pm

As I said...

Respect for Argentina.

Read on Twitter

El Oveja Hernández (Hernández The Sheep), argentinian HC.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades Black Troll Suns, Los Soenix al Phol. RICARD RUBIO I VIVES: MVPapi Of The World! 

Post#140 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:56 pm

Not official, so far as I know.
But plausible enough to name it..

She's Sara. She's the manager of a disco pub, I guess.

First Golden Boy's daughter or son will likely (and hopefully) be born at January.

If BlackTroll Suns are not tanking by then, she/he will bring un pà assota el braç(*)

(*) Roughly: a bread under the belt (meaning the newborn brings fortune and wealth to the family)

(Addedit): Damned.. more images at first page are fallen.
I'll take days to replace them.
I hate Internet.

Return to Phoenix Suns