ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Cabbie Richards no longer with TSN

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,030

Re: OT: Cabbie Richards no longer with TSN 

Post#41 » by ontnut » Mon Sep 9, 2019 8:40 pm

Happy he got a new job. Haven't watched much of his reporting lately, but that which I did watch was rather cringey.
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#42 » by 13th Man » Mon Sep 9, 2019 8:47 pm

He reminds me a bit of Don Lemon from CNN. Not a fan of Lemon but I don't mind Cabbie, he seems to be a good natured guy.
ChimRichalds
Junior
And1: 679

Post#43 » by ChimRichalds » Mon Sep 9, 2019 11:13 pm

if I went to a pediatric cancer ward I would cringe less and laugh more than when I watch a cabbie skit
howlin mad axer
Starter
And1: 1,479

Post#44 » by howlin mad axer » Mon Sep 9, 2019 11:47 pm

I think he's pretty good, he just sometimes seems a little overexcited and he invades people's personal space when he's talking/interviewing.
almatic
Veteran
And1: 1,713

Post#45 » by almatic » Mon Sep 9, 2019 11:53 pm

howlin mad axer wrote:I think he's pretty good, he just sometimes seems a little overexcited and he invades people's personal space when he's talking/interviewing.

That's a disarming mechanism that can work both for or against you in interviews. It gets him different responses or emotions from athletes, so I get it. Especially up here in Canada where we mostly just get canned responses from Hockey players.

Homie got to drink out of the Stanley Cup just as a media member. Hes doing something right lol
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,921

Post#46 » by JN » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:04 pm

I think his act was getting stale here. But he has been on Canadian TV for a long time.

I am sure he can take his routine to somewhere in the US where it is fresher and make it work for at least a few years.
TheMainEvent
Analyst
And1: 1,814

Post#47 » by TheMainEvent » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:15 pm

He's not as fun as he was on The Score but I hope he's on to bigger and better things. TSN didn't use him all that much, I think he mostly just does stuff for their YT page that aren't particularly funny or noteworthy.
Good Lord, the little stoner's got a point.
TheMainEvent on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:03 pm wrote:I say the Raptors win the championship in 2019.
EliteSmarts
Pro Prospect
And1: 969

Post#48 » by EliteSmarts » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:15 pm

Oakvillehoops wrote:Met Cabbie at a charity event. He was a main attraction, showed up an hour late and smelling like booze at 9am in the morning. He wasn’t very pleased to be there. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was his own downfall.

Damn when and where was this at
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,379

Post#49 » by Courtside » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:57 am

He should learn how to spell Caesar's Palace properly if he's going to be repping them online like that.
daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#50 » by daswunderboy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:48 pm

jimross wrote:Guy is super cringy. Plays that over friendly beta reporter role. About time he's off TV.

Nothing is cringier than guys calling other guys "beta".
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,593

Post#51 » by Ackshun » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:05 am

ChimRichalds wrote:if I went to a pediatric cancer ward I would cringe less and laugh more than when I watch a cabbie skit

Was this meant to make people laugh?

It's actually disgusting.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#52 » by macNcheese3 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:26 am

ontnut wrote:Happy he got a new job. Haven't watched much of his reporting lately, but that which I did watch was rather cringey.

NBA XL is all I really remember him from. Was never a fan of the show or his presentation tbh.
FreshyFlames
Rookie
And1: 1,044

Post#53 » by FreshyFlames » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:56 pm

Oakville_Raptor wrote:

His cohost is pretty hot

You need to get out more :lol:
Raps in 6ix
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#54 » by Oakville_Raptor » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:09 pm

FreshyFlames wrote:
Oakville_Raptor wrote:

His cohost is pretty hot

You need to get out more :lol:

Why?
raptoradical
Sixth Man
And1: 1,224

Post#55 » by raptoradical » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:26 am

Can't say dude didn't annoy me from time to time, but he was a type of talent. I'd say if he doesn't have one get an agent, or if so change the agent, cause he has a job some where in this scale.
Inevitable wrote:Magic Johnson meets Kawhi meets Giannis.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,833

Post#56 » by JShuttlesworth » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:48 pm

Going to Bleacher Report? Seems like a strange move, but I'm sure the pay is good if he's making that choice.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#57 » by RaptorsNorth » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:04 pm

TSN is trash now and and so is sportsnet. Now I truly under Lou Williams and Stephen A Smith's point. See when these guys called out our sports networks for being trash people call them anti Canadian, but its cold hard facts! They let all the decent TV personalities go, and don't invest in anything other hockey 24/7.. These clowns didn't even put the money up to renew their rights for the premier league, but can invest in countless garbage hockey programs to run in middle of summer. I know all the Europeans in the GTA are wondering were the hell are the EPL games. Dude I'm Portuguese I don't give a sh*t about hockey. Were are my soccer games in the morning ? Get this these garbage hockey shows off my TV. How many times can you have a bunch of guy talking about the same thing on different programs over and over smh I've heard it all summer already. I don't need to hear different puck heads talk about the same thing 50 times before the season starts. The raptors are lucky to still be on these garbage networks. We know you have pay for sportsnet one to see some raptors game's, but I wouldn't be shocked if they fully give up their rights to broadcast the games soon. not everybody is cool with sitting in front a laptop, streaming games and closing countless annoying pop ups.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#58 » by Oakville_Raptor » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:05 pm

JShuttlesworth wrote:Going to Bleacher Report? Seems like a strange move, but I'm sure the pay is good if he's making that choice.

I don't think it's that bad for him...Vegas has the Golden Knights, Aces (one of the best WNBA teams), Raiders next year, plus the NBA summer league is there for almost weeks in the summer. Guy just needs to stay away from partying/white powder all the time and he'll have a hell of a time in the Sin City.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#59 » by RaptorsNorth » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:12 pm

JShuttlesworth wrote:Going to Bleacher Report? Seems like a strange move, but I'm sure the pay is good if he's making that choice.
because they don't want to cut him a better check. If he was one of their top hockey reporters they would throw money at his feet to keep him.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:

Return to Toronto Raptors