OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,009

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1641 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:58 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I reached the point of my legendary (lvl 4) no longer being effective. I'm doing okay on guns right now, but is there a general consensus on when you should start using golden keys?

I'd for sure farm Mouthpiece first and get his level 8 legendary shotgun. It'll carry you a while. I mistakenly used a few keys when I shouldn't have around level 15 and regretted it. A couple times I've played levels and bosses with randos to finish main missions.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,645

Post#1642 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:17 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I reached the point of my legendary (lvl 4) no longer being effective. I'm doing okay on guns right now, but is there a general consensus on when you should start using golden keys?

I'd for sure farm Mouthpiece first and get his level 8 legendary shotgun. It'll carry you a while. I mistakenly used a few keys when I shouldn't have around level 15 and regretted it. A couple times I've played levels and bosses with randos to finish main missions.

I've seen other people say they will use the golden keys once they get to level 50.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1643 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:24 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I've seen other people say they will use the golden keys once they get to level 50.

The thing about Golden Keys is that Gearbox seems to give them out like candy. Follow this guy.

The other thing is I'm sure people are gonna find awesome eridium farming locations, and Earl looks like he's selling awesome gear for it. I don't think the keys are gonna be THAT worth holding onto until level 50.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,665

Post#1644 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:44 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

Thanks for the tip. I'm level 14 so probably not going to to back for a level 8 weapon at this point even if it is legendary and would last me a few levels yet, but it's good to know I should hang onto my golden keys. I'll see what I get from some of the dead drops.

I wish I could get the flamethrower again. I've seen some people posting on Reddit who have level 22 versions of it and it's absolutely insane.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1645 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:56 pm

Level 15 and just got my first legendary drop from a random enemy...a legendary skin.
#FreeChuckDiesel
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1646 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:15 pm

Followed 5 minutes later by a legendary trinket.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1647 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:20 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Followed 5 minutes later by a legendary trinket.

Lol. That's pretty lucky, TBH. You usually have to farm legendary items, in my experience/memory of BL2. I thought I got really lucky with the drop when I first started.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1648 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:50 pm

And now just beat Killavolt and he dropped a legendary SMG. Burst fire with only a 9 round magazine though.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1649 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:18 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:And now just beat Killavolt and he dropped a legendary SMG. Burst fire with only a 9 round magazine though.

I heard that battle was a pain so I skipped it when I was around that level. Think I'm gonna go back and give it a shot.

I'm underleveled to where I am in the story a bit so I need to get some XP quickly.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1650 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:16 am

Redeemed my VIP legendary trinket while my inventory was full (on accident) and it's apparently lost forever. Glad it was just a trinket.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1651 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:38 am

Just found a legendary shield. 0 Capacity, 0 Recharge Delay/Rate (obviously). Reduces incoming damage by 23% and grants 35% max health. Have no idea if I'd ever use it but that's weird and wild.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1652 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:57 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Just found a legendary shield. 0 Capacity, 0 Recharge Delay/Rate (obviously). Reduces incoming damage by 23% and grants 35% max health. Have no idea if I'd ever use it but that's weird and wild.

This would be utterly amazing for Fl4k.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1653 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:20 am

I didn't play much today at all. Most of my time was spent trying to get a mission to work but it's completely glitched. Then I spent a little while trying to get Earl to show up with some good leveled gear. Settled on a shotgun and a shield. Turns out what I had was just fine. I also found a random Jakobs green level pistol that's just completely owned for me.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1654 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:37 am

Got the legendary "One Pump Chump" shotgun and it destroys enemies, almost unfair.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1655 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:32 am

So this is the XP farm I was trying out earlier that glitched on me:

On dumb luck I joined a public game that advanced me past the glitch.

So now I'm at the point where I can farm and it's kind of interesting. I'm at level 22. I have no idea how effective this is gonna be, but I'll report back after a while and see how it works out.

ETA: Holy crap, no. Don't do this.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,786

Post#1656 » by tydett » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Level 42, just beat the story. Now time to begin the endless grind. Got a sweet SMG that fires 3 incendiary shots x 11 in a clip that just wrecks fools. Also picked up an interesting assault rifle last night that has a 120 clip that can switch between a pretty inaccurate but fast shot and a more turreted (can't jump or run, and movement speed slowed) approach. Looking forward to trying it out.

Also, most underrated part of the game: that they took out slag - was really annoying have to switch to a slag weapon to apply the debuff for, like, 10 seconds and then switch back.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1657 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:04 pm

Jesus, I played a **** this weekend and am level 16 :lol:
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1658 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:55 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Got the legendary "One Pump Chump" shotgun and it destroys enemies, almost unfair.

Just looked this up and I want it. I'm in the area so will farm for it tonight.

I spent some eridium on a shotgun from Earl because it was anointed for my character and build - highly increased accuracy and handling during Fade Away. That part is great and it hits hard, but you have to charge the weapon holding R2 (fire) to fire it. The mechanics of it just aren't preferable to me, so I haven't been using it much. Hashtag feels bad man.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1659 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:24 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Got the legendary "One Pump Chump" shotgun and it destroys enemies, almost unfair.

I spent some eridium on a shotgun from Earl because it was anointed for my character and build - highly increased accuracy and handling during Fade Away. That part is great and it hits hard, but you have to charge the weapon holding R2 (fire) to fire it. The mechanics of it just aren't preferable to me, so I haven't been using it much. Hashtag feels bad man.

Yea, so far the only Maliwan charge weapons I've been using have been SMGs with REALLY short charge times.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1660 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:57 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Yea, so far the only Maliwan charge weapons I've been using have been SMGs with REALLY short charge times.

The silver lining is that this got me to actually look up the manufacturers and what their weapons do, so I hopefully won't make the same mistake again. It had been so long since I played a BL game that I forgot it was standardized like that.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks