ImageImageImageImageImage

SI's Top 100 Players

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,877

Re: SI's Top 100 Players 

Post#61 » by OAKLEY_2 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:25 am

= American Sports super fake news.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#62 » by XxIronChainzxX » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:48 am

tor1234567 wrote:
traps#10 wrote:It’s hard to imagine that if we didn’t trade away DeRozan that Siakam would develop this way and now considered a better player than DD. Goes to show that If you build around the wrong player, you might hinder other players’ growth and suppress them.

Could you imagine if San Antonio had asked for Siakam in that trade?

A lot of people here were chirping about how it would have been amazing if we could have somehow kept DeRozan for a BIG THREE of Kawhi, Lowry and DeRozan.

There's no way we win a title with DeRozan instead of Siakam, and we'd look like complete idiots for trading away our most valuable player.

There was a relatively small number of people who said that. I honestly can't think of many. Some people wanted Lowry to go instead and they were obviously wrong.
Kinger95
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,730

Post#63 » by Kinger95 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:45 pm

Lou Williams sucks.

Dude is 23-35 in playoffs. Only been out of 1st round 2 times and has never played more than 30 min a game and most his mins come against 2nd units. If anyone can mask his horrible d it’s beverly/George/Kawhi but don’t tell me Lou Williams has ever done a damn thing.
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#64 » by I_Like_Dirt » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:33 pm

Lou is an interesting player in the sense that he's absolutely an excellent scorer but not particularly good at anything else. It's going to be interesting to see how he co-exists with Kawhi and George. Realistically, he's still going to score his fair share but even coming off the bench he's likely going to play with one or both of those stars for a significant chunk of his minutes. People complained about Westbrook's fit with George last season, and rightfully so. Westbrook is able to do more stuff besides scoring than Lou is and honestly seemed to sacrifice his numbers a bit in an attempt to make it work, settling instead for his triple doubles - something he never got credit for. I'm not really sure what Lou's going to do when he isn't scoring for the Clippers. He's a solid player but very one-dimensional in a way.
Bucket! Bucket!
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#65 » by yellowknifer » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:45 am

Roco14 wrote:Ibaka at 80 seems a little bit too low for me, I mean last year some people were chirping about him potentially making the all-star team. Obviously he's not all-star material but I think he proved in the playoffs he's a more valuable piece than Otto porter, Thad young or Rubio.

Thad young is actually a really good and impactful player but generally agree with the sentiment.
Duckrice
Junior
And1: 872

Post#66 » by Duckrice » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:07 am

SI has a weird love for Middleton.
Valard
Sixth Man
And1: 2,902

Post#67 » by Valard » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:36 pm

Lowry year after year does the same thing, wins. The the fact our own "fans" STILL come back each off season and downplay, belittle, question, etc how good he is or his overall impact is just... lame.

If you aren't full on fanboy for the GOAT Raptor, World Champion, charge takin', booty shakin', KLOE---

tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#68 » by tor1234567 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:00 am

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:
traps#10 wrote:It’s hard to imagine that if we didn’t trade away DeRozan that Siakam would develop this way and now considered a better player than DD. Goes to show that If you build around the wrong player, you might hinder other players’ growth and suppress them.

A lot of people here were chirping about how it would have been amazing if we could have somehow kept DeRozan for a BIG THREE of Kawhi, Lowry and DeRozan.

There's no way we win a title with DeRozan instead of Siakam, and we'd look like complete idiots for trading away our most valuable player.

There was a relatively small number of people who said that. I honestly can't think of many. Some people wanted Lowry to go instead and they were obviously wrong.

I counted 22.

But I took a couple months off of RealGM during that period, so there could have been more.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,651

Post#69 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:33 am

tor1234567 wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:

I counted 22.

But I took a couple months off of RealGM during that period, so there could have been more.

We are supposed to believe there were all these people that thought before last season, before Siakam broke out, that San Antonio wanted or would take Siakam over Derozan? Realistically? And that they didn't think it was a good trade and weren't satisfied? Lol. Yeah right, sure.

And that they weren't happy we didn't have to give up OG or Siakam on top of Derozan? Yeah right, sure. Or that the salaries even matched that way and it was possible? Ok.
blastttOFF
General Manager
And1: 8,803

Post#70 » by blastttOFF » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:39 am

FVV was #94 to last year's list.

he proceeds to have a historic championship run, and now is booted off the list.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#71 » by XxIronChainzxX » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:14 am

blastttOFF wrote:FVV was #94 to last year's list.

he proceeds to have a historic championship run, and now is booted off the list.

I wouldn't exactly call it a historic run. He struggled when he faced size during the Philly series and thanks to Nurse having confidence in him and his own attitude he found his shot in the latter half of the Milwaukee series. He was great in the Finals and absolutely key when it came to defending Curry but the guy who had the historic run won finals MVP.

Edit: I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be on a top 100 list - I honestly stop thinking about rankings like that outside of 20ish - but I would just pump the brakes on the rhetoric.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#72 » by Chandan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:01 am

RonaldArtest wrote:
Courtside wrote:
gpoon wrote:
Derozan was a team player and i would say his passing ability is better than Kawhi if not on par. Siakam was a really raw player coming in he needed the first couple years to get going, he deserves all credit for his growth and to say it was Derozan holding him back is just wrong.

That's not what he said.

To me it was inferred that Pascal would not have developed how he did last season had Demar still been here, meaning DD and his style of play would have squashed Pascal’s growth and he wouldn’t be the player he is today. So Demar would in theory be holding Siakam back. Which to me is hogwash. The team replaced Demar with a player who had a higher usage rate than all but one season Derozan had in Toronto, and he’s a less skilled playmaker. Siakam’s growth can be looked no further than his internal desire to improve, the fact that he started playing ball so late in life, and a player coming into their 3rd season you usually find out what they’re all about, they know the league a bit more. Also replacing Casey with a more competent coach didn’t hurt either.

If Derozan is still here he would still be clogging up the mid range area, preventing Siakam from getting those easy buckets in the paint.
gpoon
Pro Prospect
And1: 717

Post#73 » by gpoon » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Chandan wrote:
RonaldArtest wrote:
Courtside wrote:
That's not what he said.

To me it was inferred that Pascal would not have developed how he did last season had Demar still been here, meaning DD and his style of play would have squashed Pascal’s growth and he wouldn’t be the player he is today. So Demar would in theory be holding Siakam back. Which to me is hogwash. The team replaced Demar with a player who had a higher usage rate than all but one season Derozan had in Toronto, and he’s a less skilled playmaker. Siakam’s growth can be looked no further than his internal desire to improve, the fact that he started playing ball so late in life, and a player coming into their 3rd season you usually find out what they’re all about, they know the league a bit more. Also replacing Casey with a more competent coach didn’t hurt either.

If Derozan is still here he would still be clogging up the mid range area, preventing Siakam from getting those easy buckets in the paint.

so you are saying Siakam didnt develop, he just got easy buckets cause Derozan wasn't there
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,363

Post#74 » by Hero » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:11 pm

Wow Gasol 34 and the other guy is only 88...hmm

Sent from my moto g(7) using RealGM mobile app
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#75 » by Chandan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:17 pm

gpoon wrote:
Chandan wrote:
RonaldArtest wrote:To me it was inferred that Pascal would not have developed how he did last season had Demar still been here, meaning DD and his style of play would have squashed Pascal’s growth and he wouldn’t be the player he is today. So Demar would in theory be holding Siakam back. Which to me is hogwash. The team replaced Demar with a player who had a higher usage rate than all but one season Derozan had in Toronto, and he’s a less skilled playmaker. Siakam’s growth can be looked no further than his internal desire to improve, the fact that he started playing ball so late in life, and a player coming into their 3rd season you usually find out what they’re all about, they know the league a bit more. Also replacing Casey with a more competent coach didn’t hurt either.

so you are saying Siakam didnt develop, he just got easy buckets cause Derozan wasn't there

Nope. I am saying siakam wouldn't have developed as well because Derozan was in his way. In fact, Derozan's game was in everybodies way with his defense and lack of range.
Hero
RealGM

Post#76 » by Hero » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:55 pm

People are setting themselves up for serious disappointment if they think Lowry at his current age and milage is going to be anywhere near top 15 this year.

Raps in 4 wrote:
ChimRichalds wrote:It's really remarkable that people still don't understand just how good Kyle Lowry actually is.

Kyle Lowry was a phenomenal player in his prime. But Kyle Lowry is now 33 years old. He's lost several steps and his shooting has declined substantially.

He's still a contributor, but he's a shadow of his former self. If you can't see that, you need to remove those homer glasses.

RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#77 » by RonaldArtest » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:03 pm

Chandan wrote:
gpoon wrote:
Chandan wrote:

Nope. I am saying siakam wouldn't have developed as well because Derozan was in his way. In fact, Derozan's game was in everybodies way with his defense and lack of range.

You’ve come a long way Danchan, time to let it go.
Hero
RealGM

Post#78 » by Hero » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:15 pm

This is Chandan though ..
RonaldArtest wrote:
Chandan wrote:
gpoon wrote:

You’ve come a long way Danchan, time to let it go.

tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#79 » by tor1234567 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:

I counted 22.

We are supposed to believe there were all these people that thought before last season, before Siakam broke out, that San Antonio wanted or would take Siakam over Derozan? Realistically? And that they didn't think it was a good trade and weren't satisfied? Lol. Yeah right, sure.

And that they weren't happy we didn't have to give up OG or Siakam on top of Derozan? Yeah right, sure. Or that the salaries even matched that way and it was possible? Ok.

That's not what was said.

Anyway, how you doing Johnny?
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,651

Post#80 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:47 pm

tor1234567 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:
I counted 22.

That's not what was said.

Anyway, how you doing Johnny?

You just made it all up again.

Return to Toronto Raptors