The Washington Redskins Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#961 » by Ruzious » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:42 pm

Before I gush to much about McLaurin, I want to see what the Cowboys do to adjust to him. If he has a repeat performance, I think it's clear we got something special with him.

Btw, people really need to stop this whining about Peterson not being activated in week 1. Remember, the Skins originally got him for nothing - he was let go by his last team. Skins got him only because of Guice's first injury. There was never a plan for him to start this season. Yes, he's a future HOFer, but there' no reason to factor that in when making decisions as to who should play. And Morgan Moses needs to shut his mouth and stop getting penalties.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#962 » by BearlyBallin » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:33 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

This guy had signed with the Texans $34 million/4 years, but had his contract terminated this week.

Deion Harris added to PS and Robert Davis back to the 53 man.

Guice & Brantley to IR.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#963 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:35 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Wish the OL could give Keenum sometime to throw to the deep man, but he’s been hurried so much all he can do is get rid of it before he gets sacked. Same thing as last week in Philadelphia.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#964 » by queridiculo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Keenum never saw him, he wouldn't have made this throw irrespective of how much time he had. Not the only time he missed open deep options only to throw into double coverage.

Ultimately it won't matter what the offense does anyway with this hot knife meets butter defense.

You can't play a quasi prevent defense all game and expect to win anything in this league.

I'd rather see these guys go down kicking and screaming and going after it than just watching this defense get carved up like a thanksgiving turkey.

20 years of suck, thanks Danny boy.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#965 » by TGW » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:50 am

I said 5-11 to start the season....maybe I was being too optimistic.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#966 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:28 pm

The bend but not break defense just doesn't work anymore - and they are definitely breaking, so call it the bend and break defense. In today's NFL, you have to be aggressive and force to's. I think the Skins have the athletes to do it, but in the first 2 games, they seem a step slow - like they're out of shape. Gotta factor in that they played 2 very good offenses, so I'll wait till next game before deciding whether to write them off. But it's crazy how they can't seem to function at all whenever Jonathan Allen is out.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Shoe
Bench Warmer
And1: 956

Post#967 » by Shoe » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:34 pm

Fish rots from the head down.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,332

Post#968 » by dobrojim » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:50 pm

As long as DS owns the team and insists on keeping the name, I have no emotional investment
in this team. It's hilarious to see all the empty seats at Fedex and if it's already this bad,
imagine how bad it'll be in Dec when the team has maybe 3-4 wins.

But I should add, I'm only interested in this team when they are good anyway.
I'm not above admitting I'm a total fair weather fan. I was raised as a BALT Colts fan
which is a whole 'nother story. My rooting interests in the NFL are really mostly
around seeing the Cowboys lose and to a somewhat lesser extent, the Jets lose.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#969 » by Wizardspride » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#970 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:01 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

What makes it worse is that the latest concussion happened in an exhibition game where the Falcons DB lauched himself into a brutal helmet to helmet hit - something the NFL has been working on for years to stop. I haven't heard a thing about that guy getting suspended. Players aren't going to change the way they do things if there's no punishment.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,348

Post#971 » by Kanyewest » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:39 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Wish the OL could give Keenum sometime to throw to the deep man, but he’s been hurried so much all he can do is get rid of it before he gets sacked. Same thing as last week in Philadelphia.

Yeah it looks like Keenum isn't going to crack the top 10 anytime soon. That being said, he has thrown for 600 yards, 5 TDs, and 0 interceptions. But the defense hasn't held up its end of the bargain specifically when Johnathan Allen got injured- I'm not sure the defense was even that good to begin with. Peterson/Thompson are only averaging 2.5 yards per carry (Guice only averaged 1.8 yards in 18 carries against the Eagles).
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#972 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:55 pm

I'll be watching the Nationals tonight... may tune in to the Slurs during commercial breaks.

Never have cared less about this franchise.
In Rizzo we trust
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#973 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:10 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yeah it looks like Keenum isn't going to crack the top 10 anytime soon. That being said, he has thrown for 600 yards, 5 TDs, and 0 interceptions. But the defense hasn't held up its end of the bargain specifically when Johnathan Allen got injured- I'm not sure the defense was even that good to begin with. Peterson/Thompson are only averaging 2.5 yards per carry (Guice only averaged 1.8 yards in 18 carries against the Eagles).

What impressed me about Keenum is that when asked about this, he totally took the blame for not seeing Richardson. He was well aware of what happened, and he didn't make any excuses. Hey, we knew going in he's a placeholder. He hasn't been the problem so far. The defense has been horrendous, and the running game has sucked - for the most part.

Playing Chicaaago, if our defense gives up 25 plus points, gotta figure that's it for Manusky.
queridiculo
RealGM

Post#974 » by queridiculo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:26 am

Dan Snyder and his army of yes men do not deserve any better.

My question is, how are Washington fans still turning up for this disgustingly awful franchise, is it the infinite monkey theorem that keeps them going?

At what point does schadenfreude replace pity as the appropriate response to all of those fans that continue to cling on to times well past?
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#975 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:53 am

Just ponder this... Ha Ha Clinton Dix smoked the Slurs last night.
In Rizzo we trust
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#976 » by Wizardspride » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:45 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,348

Post#977 » by Kanyewest » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Haskins can get better by working with the scout team. He will get his chance eventually but I'm not ready to write off Keenum either from one bad game. But Haskins could play soon if Keenum stinks against the Giants who have given up big weeks to every QB they have played so far this season - although it would be pretty Redskins for the Giants defense to figure it out against DC.
queridiculo
RealGM

Post#978 » by queridiculo » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:47 pm

This team just looks defeated the second the game starts.

These players have absolutely no faith in what the coaches are selling them.

This defense :lol:

You're playing a rookie quarterback and you're just zoning it up giving him a chance to sit back and go through his progressions.

WTF is this scheme? I can't recall ever seeing a worse unit out there.

... and now they're tossing Haskins into this mess..
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#979 » by TGW » Tue Oct 1, 2019 3:42 pm

I said earlier in the season that Haskins shouldn't see the field this year because he needs work on mechanics and going thru progressions.

Of course they throw him in there 3.5 games into the season.
queridiculo
RealGM

Post#980 » by queridiculo » Tue Oct 1, 2019 6:31 pm

TGW wrote:I said earlier in the season that Haskins shouldn't see the field this year because he needs work on mechanics and going thru progressions.

Of course they throw him in there 3.5 games into the season.

Incredible, but it just goes to show you how stupid the decision makers of this franchise are.

The slurs are a rudderless ship, it's obvious 3 games into the season, you don't throw your rookie QB into this mess.

It would be one thing if this team had demonstrated that they can establish a ground game and can protect their QB.

If this team had any offensive continuity and identity, perhaps it would be a different story, but the Washington offense and defense looks about as coherent as a term paper that was started 30 minutes before the due date.

What an embarrassment.

Return to Washington Wizards