Starter
And1: 1,089

Leonard To Crawford: A Follow Or A Prophecy 

Post#1 » by Wammy Giveaway » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:46 pm

So this happened over the weekend:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

If Leonard's been keeping tabs on Crawford on Twitter for some time, odds are it's nothing more than an admiration. Well, the floodgates have opened to a possibility:

Read on Twitter

Could Jamal Crawford return to the Clippers? This would give Boss Angeles two Sixth Man award winners, and if I'm right about this, it's never been done before in NBA history. For the past two years, Lou William's back-to-back awards and Montrezl Harrell's nomination validated the Clipper's real strength with role players, and given that their superstars were taken away from them as part of the 3-1 omen rules, it was all up to a Sixth Man to dig the Clippers out of a hole Lob City (and Doc Rivers) created.

But Clippers might decide to pass on him. There's word of Joakim Noah trying out for the Clippers, and already has a leg up on competition due to his connection to Doc's pal Tom Thibodeau (who I'm predicting will join the Clipper's coaching staff soon as defensive coordinator) and the Clipper's need for a second true center (Ivica Zubac is the only legal center and is not very polished). Andre Iguodala may join the Clippers later. Trevor Booker will be in the preseason rotation. Per Zach Lowe, Clippers may look into acquiring rising star Bradley Beal down the line. There may not be enough room for sentimentalism, one of the Clipper's greatest weaknesses that Jerry West vowed to eliminate.

So, do you want Crawford back?
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Re: Leonard To Crawford: A Follow Or A Prophecy 

Post#2 » by clipperlover » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:36 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:So this happened over the weekend:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

So, do you want Crawford back?

No effing way. The guy is nothing more than a volume shooter that plays no defense and has horrible decision making. He is the type of player you put in when you are down 20 and need to come back. However, once you get close again, you take him out or end up back down 20. They guy spent 9 years in the NBA before he ever played on a team that made the playoffs. His 38.5% playoff shooting % is definitely not missed.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#3 » by TheNewEra » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:58 pm

If Crawford retires I would bring him in as a shooting coach or post game person for tv
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,293

Post#4 » by nickhx2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:37 pm

i feel like you completely ignored CL's last sentence which said " His 38.5% playoff shooting % is definitely not missed."
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#5 » by QRich3 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:31 am

nickhx2 wrote:i feel like you completely ignored CL's last sentence which said " His 38.5% playoff shooting % is definitely not missed."

That has probably more to do with his tendency to look for off balance shots with a hand or two in his face though, his shooting mechanics are more beautiful than anyone I've seen.

I'm never gonna miss him playing for us, but I'd be more than ok with him having a role in the organization.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,293

Post#6 » by nickhx2 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:21 pm

personally, he wouldn't make my list of best mechanical shooters, but i respect it if you rank him that highly.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#7 » by QRich3 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:04 am

Yeah I'm talking aesthetically more than effectively, but his form is still great mechanically too, not best of the best but pretty good still. He has an 86% career FT%, good enough for top 50 all time and 12th among active players.

I know a lot of us have PTSD from his playing days, but I think he'd be a good guy to have around.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers