ImageImageImageImageImage

SI's Top 100 Players

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Sherlock
General Manager
And1: 12,706

Re: SI's Top 100 Players 

Post#81 » by Sherlock » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:56 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:So Far:

#80 Ibaka
#42 Gasol

The top 30 haven't been released yet. Both Lowry and Siakam I assume will be included in the top 30.

DD is 31 on the list by the way.

Read on Twitter

https://www.si.com/nba/top-100-nba-players-2020#40-31

Perhaps worth updating the OP now. Lowry at 28 and Siakam at 24. (Notable that these players all outranked Siakam: Ben Simmons, Kemba Walker, Blake Griffin, Al Horford, LaMarcus Aldridge, Draymond Green.)

Top 10 are:

10: Lillard
9: George
8: Jokic
7: Embiid
6: AD
5: Harden
4: Steph
3: LeBron
2: Kawhi
1: Giannis

Kawhi Leonard comes in at #2, behind Giannis who's ranked #1.
Interviewer: Championship #2?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.
Sherlock
General Manager
And1: 12,706

Post#82 » by Sherlock » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:00 pm

Also, I quite like the description they've written for Kyle:

28. Kyle Lowry
Toronto Raptors

If you were designing the ideal point guard to play next to a superstar, his game would probably look a lot like Kyle Lowry’s. For starters, he would be able to score but not insistent upon it, striking the delicate balance that holds the attention of an opposing defense. You would want a pragmatic playmaker who reads the game without feeling the need to control it—like, say, the Raptors point guard who ranked second in the league in assists per game but 29th in time of possession ( :o ). It would be best if this tailor-made guard were dynamic without the ball, given the way NBA offenses orient around their single best player. That requires not only three-point shooting (like you’d get from Lowry, a 37% long-range shooter for his career) but a sense of when and how to move. The last thing you’d want is some over-eager sidekick getting in the way, so this guard would also need Lowry’s particular combination of motor and discretion.

To fully fit the bill, they would need to be a stout individual defender who can adapt along with the team concept, and a disciple of the hustle play with natural competitive instincts. Check and check. They would have championship experience. It would help if they could hold their own in switch situations, like Lowry does, and even box out bigs here and there to bolster a team’s rebounding. Unselfishness would be non-negotiable. The guard in question would need to facilitate a transition game to build out the offense, just as Lowry does with his hit-ahead passes. You could dedicate countless resources and lean on some hideous science to try to Frankenstein together such a player. Or, you could just trade for Kyle Lowry.
Interviewer: Championship #2?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.
jonas_franchise
Junior
And1: 286

Post#83 » by jonas_franchise » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:45 pm

I feel like Marc Gasol is the C version of Lowry.

The table is set for Siakam... I hope he doesn't disappoint!

Sherlock wrote:Also, I quite like the description they've written for Kyle:

28. Kyle Lowry
Toronto Raptors

If you were designing the ideal point guard to play next to a superstar, his game would probably look a lot like Kyle Lowry’s. For starters, he would be able to score but not insistent upon it, striking the delicate balance that holds the attention of an opposing defense. You would want a pragmatic playmaker who reads the game without feeling the need to control it—like, say, the Raptors point guard who ranked second in the league in assists per game but 29th in time of possession ( :o ). It would be best if this tailor-made guard were dynamic without the ball, given the way NBA offenses orient around their single best player. That requires not only three-point shooting (like you’d get from Lowry, a 37% long-range shooter for his career) but a sense of when and how to move. The last thing you’d want is some over-eager sidekick getting in the way, so this guard would also need Lowry’s particular combination of motor and discretion.

To fully fit the bill, they would need to be a stout individual defender who can adapt along with the team concept, and a disciple of the hustle play with natural competitive instincts. Check and check. They would have championship experience. It would help if they could hold their own in switch situations, like Lowry does, and even box out bigs here and there to bolster a team’s rebounding. Unselfishness would be non-negotiable. The guard in question would need to facilitate a transition game to build out the offense, just as Lowry does with his hit-ahead passes. You could dedicate countless resources and lean on some hideous science to try to Frankenstein together such a player. Or, you could just trade for Kyle Lowry.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,388

Post#84 » by Mikistan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:38 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
We are supposed to believe there were all these people that thought before last season, before Siakam broke out, that San Antonio wanted or would take Siakam over Derozan? Realistically? And that they didn't think it was a good trade and weren't satisfied? Lol. Yeah right, sure.

And that they weren't happy we didn't have to give up OG or Siakam on top of Derozan? Yeah right, sure. Or that the salaries even matched that way and it was possible? Ok.

That's not what was said.

Anyway, how you doing Johnny?

You just made it all up again.

There may have been a handful who argued derozan was so bad and the spurs were so smart that they would require OG and siakam in a derozan for leonard trade, or would find a way to take a higher value of lowry rather than derozan

Return to Toronto Raptors