ImageImageImageImageImage

Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Re: Dennis Smith, Jr. Thread 

Post#1001 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:35 am

Not for nothing, this kinda reminds me of Derrick Rose saying he was gonna run KP (“what is he like 18, 19?”) when we traded for him. And we see how that turned out. Loving the enthusiasm but let’s see all this translate when the season starts.
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#1002 » by Triple C » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:18 am

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#1003 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:05 am

Triple C wrote:

I'm still waiting for him to present himself, X's & O's wise, as anything other than just another coach. But IF that is true, that combined with being able to engender those kinds of feelings among his players is very much a net positive.

If Fizdale turns out to be even slightly better than average while that part of him holds up for players, it's a pretty big deal, and this is coming from someone who has criticized him. And even I say he needs at least this season and probably part of another to really assess him that way.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Post#1004 » by iLLmatic860 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:11 am

Triple C wrote:

Hes a brothas coach. If we can produce a winning basketball team players are gonna really **** with what we are doing. Im confident Fiz can be w X & O’s guy just from his stint with Miami under Pat and Spo.

Those Grizzlies teams werent to ba either. All Fiz needs is the right players. If Tyrone Lue can win it all then Im confident Fiz can.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#1005 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:03 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Triple C wrote:

Hes a brothas coach. If we can produce a winning basketball team players are gonna really **** with what we are doing. Im confident Fiz can be w X & O’s guy just from his stint with Miami under Pat and Spo.

Those Grizzlies teams werent to ba either. All Fiz needs is the right players. If Tyrone Lue can win it all then Im confident Fiz can.

Agreed. I mean, great coaches can elevate average players and MIGHT be the difference between teams that win a championship, or repeat, etc, but mostly the league is about talent, when it comes to winning. However, having a coach the players like to play for, for whatever the reason, is huge, like it's always been.

Stackhouse had those attributes too, and was a big reason why I wanted him hired. Good to see Fiz is looked at this way; should pay dividends.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,914

Post#1006 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:23 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Triple C wrote:

We got LeBron?
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,286

Post#1007 » by Zenzibar » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:11 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
:eek1:

What I said was that Frank is building the confidence ready to come to camp to get that. DSJ is the starting point in most predictions here, hopefully the winner is the most impactful.

Can we at the minimum agree that Mitch and Ntilikina are one of the top guard/center defensive tandems in the league?

They dont have the minutes sample to state this. Their minutes sample does support the potential to fit that realm.

Realm? HAHA you sound like Alfred Hitchcock...

Stop All Genocides
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#1008 » by iLLmatic860 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:19 pm

GONYK wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Triple C wrote:

We got LeBron?

Maybe im looking to deep into the future. Thats why I said if we have the right players. (Greek freak was on my mind :lol: )
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,870

Post#1009 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:40 pm

god shammgod wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Hearing those comments from DSJ and Knox about the team, there’s definitely a different vibe about this squad than previous years. Love it. Pretty excited for this season. Don’t care about what the media or Knicks haters wanna say.

This team wll be like 99. Mark my words.

99 ? we're going to the finals ? :lol: the 99 team was filled with guys who were all-stars. houston, lj, spree, ewing. it's ok to be excited but this is ridiculous.

and the core had been together a while
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1010 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:42 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Triple C wrote:

Agreed. I mean, great coaches can elevate average players and MIGHT be the difference between teams that win a championship, or repeat, etc, but mostly the league is about talent, when it comes to winning. However, having a coach the players like to play for, for whatever the reason, is huge, like it's always been.

Stackhouse had those attributes too, and was a big reason why I wanted him hired. Good to see Fiz is looked at this way; should pay dividends.

bruh, lue had lebron.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1011 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:46 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Triple C wrote:

word. no one questions fiz as a people person. he seems to have true leadership skills. we need to also see the basketball acumen. it's like two wings on a plane. you absolutely need both these days. we recognize the day of the curmudgeonous hardass coach is gone. but you can't not have the Xs and Os. as excited as i was to get fiz, i am highly alarmed by what i saw last season and am really hoping that was a function of the tank.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#1012 » by Triple C » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:10 pm

[tweet]

He's saying all the right things, let's hope these improvements some people have been talking about will translate on the court
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,126

Post#1013 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:22 pm

Incase you haven’t read the whole thing
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#1014 » by F N 11 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:48 pm

aq_ua wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
F N 11 wrote:This team wll be like 99. Mark my words.

99 ? we're going to the finals ? :lol: the 99 team was filled with guys who were all-stars. houston, lj, spree, ewing. it's ok to be excited but this is ridiculous.

Just means the season is going to end in 50 games.

Maybe I should of went in depth. Play hard, Hard fouls, get into people's face, play with heart, and scrappy. It was the last team I could think of with those qualities.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,432

Post#1015 » by god shammgod » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:01 pm

F N 11 wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Fiz got Mudiay right already, imagine what he’s going to do for Kadeem Allen this year.

Stop, Kadeem not making the roster without an injury.

dear lord
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,147

Post#1016 » by Fat Kat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:45 pm

If Fiz holds a player accountable, and that player runs to the press and throws a fit, would we blame Fiz? He tried that in Memphis, and it blew up in his face. They then got worse and traded Gasol.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1017 » by GONYK » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:31 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
HEZI wrote:If Fiz held people accountable the way they want him to, everybody would be getting benched. We had limited options so really the benching of certain players wouldn't work and we've seen Fiz experiment with all sorts of lineups so its not like he didn't try.

Ok bench Mudiay, for who? Frank Ntilikina? Like Mudiay is really going to learn much from a raw kid that has plenty of his own weaknesses and struggles on the court.

Ok bench Knox, for who? Lance Thomas? Yeah Kevin, sit here and watch Lance show you the right way to play basketball.

Lets not kid ourselves

Yeah its really not that hard to understand.

Just listening to this Kobe interview on Darius Miles and Q-Rich podcast. He even says it made him better. He said he had to play good every game or he was gonna get benched right away.

Which brings me back to this

https://youtu.be/IefPq5-wQGk

Fiz was tryna push Frank.

By this logic, Fiz was pushing Frank and nobody else.
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#1018 » by iLLmatic860 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:49 pm

GONYK wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
HEZI wrote:If Fiz held people accountable the way they want him to, everybody would be getting benched. We had limited options so really the benching of certain players wouldn't work and we've seen Fiz experiment with all sorts of lineups so its not like he didn't try.

Ok bench Mudiay, for who? Frank Ntilikina? Like Mudiay is really going to learn much from a raw kid that has plenty of his own weaknesses and struggles on the court.

Ok bench Knox, for who? Lance Thomas? Yeah Kevin, sit here and watch Lance show you the right way to play basketball.

Lets not kid ourselves

Yeah its really not that hard to understand.

Just listening to this Kobe interview on Darius Miles and Q-Rich podcast. He even says it made him better. He said he had to play good every game or he was gonna get benched right away.

He will do the same with Knox this year

Who was he gonna bench Knox for? Lance?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1019 » by GONYK » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:50 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
GONYK wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Yeah its really not that hard to understand.

Why not? Were we playing for wins?
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#1020 » by iLLmatic860 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:05 pm

GONYK wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
GONYK wrote:By this logic, Fiz was pushing Frank and nobody else.

Why not? Were we playing for wins?

He was our best option at SF. Also so he can develop and get the experience. Its not that hard to grasp. Lol

Whether you like him or not. Muiday was better than Frank last season.

Return to New York Knicks