ImageImageImage

2019 season speculation including trade ideas

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Will Booker make the all-star team this year?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 77

sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,449

Re: 2019 Free agency and trade speculation: 37 more days til season opener! 

Post#121 » by sasquatchBob » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:50 am

At first I was entertaining the idea of Love but after seeing that his contract is in place for 4 more years sitting at 30 million each it's a pass for me. I think he might be good for 2 more years, but I have suspicion he'll fall off pretty hard afterwards.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#122 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:47 pm

sasquatchBob wrote:At first I was entertaining the idea of Love but after seeing that his contract is in place for 4 more years sitting at 30 million each it's a pass for me. I think he might be good for 2 more years, but I have suspicion he'll fall off pretty hard afterwards.

Dude played 22 games last year. Shot 38.5% from the field in those games. I'd say he's already fallen off pretty hard.
Jarlaxle0204
Sixth Man
And1: 2,091

Post#123 » by Jarlaxle0204 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:28 pm

Blake Griffin should be the target at PF instead of Love if we're looking for an upgrade there.
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,449

Post#124 » by sasquatchBob » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:54 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
sasquatchBob wrote:At first I was entertaining the idea of Love but after seeing that his contract is in place for 4 more years sitting at 30 million each it's a pass for me. I think he might be good for 2 more years, but I have suspicion he'll fall off pretty hard afterwards.

Dude played 22 games last year. Shot 38.5% from the field in those games. I'd say he's already fallen off pretty hard.

You could possibly qualify that as an off year filled with injuries. He's a career All-Star, so I don't think he has fallen off that quickly. But who knows, maybe you're right.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#125 » by Frank Lee » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Might be gunjumping.... but I'll take Saric at 1/2 the Love-cost going forward. Truly, its his job(PF) to lose and no reason to think this is just a one and done yr for Dario. Sure, he's going to get inked up next year, but if all goes well here, we should be his first choice.

Will be nice to have more than speculation to talk about, in the upcoming months.
What ? Me Worry ?
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#126 » by bwoolf2 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:12 pm

sasquatchBob wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

You could possibly qualify that as an off year filled with injuries. He's a career All-Star, so I don't think he has fallen off that quickly. But who knows, maybe you're right.

Love has not been healthy or really good in a number of years. That contract is an absolute albatross
phnart
Junior
And1: 451

Post#127 » by phnart » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:16 am

I'd forgotten that Phoenix had a professional basketball team (and that's not a dig against the Mercury...or maybe it is).
The moon is a ufo.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Re: 2019 Free agency and trade speculation: 35 more days til season opener! 

Post#128 » by Saberestar » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:10 pm

Read on Twitter
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,197

Post#129 » by King4Day » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:38 am

Read on Twitter
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
GoodBehavior
Senior
And1: 370

Re: 2019 Free agency and trade speculation: 39 more days til season opener! 

Post#130 » by GoodBehavior » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:15 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I am not going to lie, Mikal and Cameron looks like food-deprived, third world country kids playing high school basketball at the JV level or at your local YMCA. They look nothing like NBA basketball players. Whoever is in charge of strength and conditioning needs to GO.

Also, Josh Jackson gain zero muscle last year and Ayton hasn't change one iota. They look worse or about the same compared to their college days.

:banghead:
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager

Post#131 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:43 pm

GoodBehavior wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I am not going to lie, Mikal and Cameron looks like food-deprived, third world country kids playing high school basketball at the JV level or at your local YMCA. They look nothing like NBA basketball players. Whoever is in charge of strength and conditioning needs to GO.

Also, Josh Jackson gain zero muscle last year and Ayton hasn't change one iota. They look worse or about the same compared to their college days.

I'm not going to look for it, but I remember a video of Mikal working out that was posted earlier this summer, showing what appeared to be pretty significant gains. That pic may not be a good angle at which to judge.

Based on recent podcasts, I think Cam may ultimately be destined to play the 4. If that's the case, we should expect some weight gains going forward.
GoodBehavior
Senior

Post#132 » by GoodBehavior » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:05 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
GoodBehavior wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm not going to look for it, but I remember a video of Mikal working out that was posted earlier this summer, showing what appeared to be pretty significant gains. That pic may not be a good angle at which to judge.

Based on recent podcasts, I think Cam may ultimately be destined to play the 4. If that's the case, we should expect some weight gains going forward.

That Mikal picture was a flexed one and probably misleading. I have seen other pictures and this recent one. He hasn't gain much if any. His legs are non-existing.

I would love for Cam to the play 4, but he has a crappy frame to add weight. And given his age, odds are against it.
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#133 » by bwoolf2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:06 pm

GoodBehavior wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

This isnt football you dont want any big gains from one season to the next, almost every player that has done that has lost athleticism and been more injury-prone. You are looking for gains in functional strength and small size gains year over year to add on to ones natural build as they mature.
GoodBehavior
Senior

Post#134 » by GoodBehavior » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:20 pm

bwoolf2 wrote:
This isnt football you dont want any big gains from one season to the next, almost every player that has done that has lost athleticism and been more injury-prone. You are looking for gains in functional strength and small size gains year over year to add on to ones natural build as they mature.

No one is saying he should go out there and gain 30lb. He's a damn twig and looks the same since college.

Player do get get stronger, noticeably in the second year. Suns player for some reason do not.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager

Post#135 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:46 pm

GoodBehavior wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
GoodBehavior wrote:

That Mikal picture was a flexed one and probably misleading. I have seen other pictures and this recent one. He hasn't gain much if any. His legs are non-existing.

I would love for Cam to the play 4, but he has a crappy frame to add weight. And given his age, odds are against it.

Man, some guys just have skinny legs. I've seen big leapers with big legs and stick legs alike. Strength isn't always evidenced by sheer size.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,594

Post#136 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:03 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
GoodBehavior wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

Man, some guys just have skinny legs. I've seen big leapers with big legs and stick legs alike. Strength isn't always evidenced by sheer size.

Tyson Chandler being a prime example.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#137 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:03 am

GoodBehavior wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
GoodBehavior wrote:

That old man strength tho
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,335

Post#138 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:28 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
GoodBehavior wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

Also, most of the important leg exercises or even full body exercises like squats and deadlifts are not going to do much to your calves. You can have a really strong core and quads/hamstrings with skinny calves. I'm not saying those guys DO have strong quads/hamstrings/cores but all you really see there are the calves so I wouldn't put too much stock in just that.

Plus, in general, these slender guys with long wingspans, it's going to be VERY hard for them to put on a lot of muscle. KD never really did....along with many others.

Ayton, on the other hand, though I haven't seen many pictures of him lately, whenever I see him he looks more out of shape than he did in college....seems like he has enjoyed his money and eats and has fun.....never seems like he loses that baby fat in his face. But even when he was more cut and ripped, he still played soft with his weak screens and all....screened like Bender...hopefully he takes some notes from Baynes in this area.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#139 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:42 am

KD did put on some muscle over the years but it wasn't a massive physical change. Just looked more filled out but that was over many NBA seasons and he's still very strong. Having massive muscles =/= Functional strength
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#140 » by suns12345 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:43 am

bwgood77 wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
GoodBehavior wrote:

Also, most of the important leg exercises or even full body exercises like squats and deadlifts are not going to do much to your calves. You can have a really strong core and quads/hamstrings with skinny calves. I'm not saying those guys DO have strong quads/hamstrings/cores but all you really see there are the calves so I wouldn't put too much stock in just that.

Plus, in general, these slender guys with long wingspans, it's going to be VERY hard for them to put on a lot of muscle. KD never really did....along with many others.

Ayton, on the other hand, though I haven't seen many pictures of him lately, whenever I see him he looks more out of shape than he did in college....seems like he has enjoyed his money and eats and has fun.....never seems like he loses that baby fat in his face. But even when he was more cut and ripped, he still played soft with his weak screens and all....screened like Bender...hopefully he takes some notes from Baynes in this area.

He just looked ripped because he was in that skin tight AZ jersey lol (i hope)

Return to Phoenix Suns