ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the Offseason, Take 2

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,650

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1401 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:59 am

We just need to be focused on us. KP? Who cares? That's just a distraction for us right now. He'll have his career, whatever it is. He could be a great 2nd piece next to Doncic. I just want the preseason to start.
Free Palestine
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,326

Post#1402 » by Hes_On_Fire » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:31 am

omerome wrote:Whatever you think KP will turn out to be, he did not want to be here. And anyone who doesn't want to be here can leave.

As much as I don't like Janis or KP, the Knicks did nothing to give him confidence to play here during his entire tenure.

As for Alan Hahn - take anything he says with a giant grain of salt considering he's a Garden employee.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#1403 » by malik959 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:09 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:Hahn just said KP has 2 other incidents that the Knicks helped him cover up. Dude is a bad hombre

Did he elaborate on that or nah

No because it was hush hush.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#1404 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:18 pm

Fat Kat wrote:Hahn just said KP has 2 other incidents that the Knicks helped him cover up. Dude is a bad hombre

It's possible it's true, it's possible Hahn is fulfilling his duties as Minister of Misinformation.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1405 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:20 pm

RJ is going to dunk on KP so hard at MSG, it's going to shatter KP's confidence in his manhood.

That evening, after the game, KP is going to go on a Godzilla like rage around NYC, sexually harassing females and tearing up 15 different Brighton Beach bars.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,324

Post#1406 » by iLLmatic860 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:52 pm

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,390

Post#1407 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:57 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Oh look, KP is great now that he's not a Knick.

Like clockwork.

And DSJ is not a good prospect anymore since he’s on the Knicks. “Should’ve been a Knick”. Smh.

I also think everybody would be praising Randle if he went to a team like Philly or Dallas. But since he’s a Knick he’s gonna be viewed as Walmart’s version of Zion.

Can’t wait for our guys to shock the world. #Justwaitonit
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1408 » by dakomish23 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:08 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Oh look, KP is great now that he's not a Knick.

He was great when he was a Knick.

The Knicks FO traded him to have the option to contract KD and KI.

Worked out super-good.

Actually, KP never fulfilled "great" when he was here. Just "very good".

Also, he didn't want to be here, so for once the Knicks were proactive and cleared cap space and got back some assets.

It wasn't all for "KD & KI". Not by a long shot.

It was about cap space and taking a shot, for sure. It was also about making a decision not tying the franchise to KP for the next 5 years, if he wanted to be here or not, and he didn't.

It's almost like this hasn't been discussed over 500 pages or anything.

Yeah, the Knicks may have missed out on a "HOF'er".

It's just as likely they missed out on maxing out another version of Kevin Love.

Why didn’t he want to be here?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1409 » by dakomish23 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:10 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:We just need to be focused on us. KP? Who cares? That's just a distraction for us right now. He'll have his career, whatever it is. He could be a great 2nd piece next to Doncic. I just want the preseason to start.

Should have happened here!

Ok I’ll put the stick away. The dead horse has had enough.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1410 » by dakomish23 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:25 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Way too early for this, but the Kings Bogdanovic is limited in the extension he is eligible for. He can make up to 54 mil at most (I think that's the number). He's going to get way more than that and can possibly be stolen away. Expecting to see 4/70 offers out there.

He's pretty good - in 28 MPG

14.1 PPG 3.5 RPG 3.8 APG 1.0 SPG
42% FG 36% 3PT 83% FT 50% EFG 53% TS

Primarily a 2 but can swing up to the 3 in small ball lineups for a few mins.

Our interest will probably be minimal especially if RJ stays at the 2

I always liked him.

RJ's a 3, not a 2. Who's saying he's a 2?

I believe it’s a been a matter of a debate. I think he’s just a wing who can play both with no issues.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#1411 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:59 pm

malik959 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:He was great when he was a Knick.

Worked out super-good.

Also, he didn't want to be here, so for once the Knicks were proactive and cleared cap space and got back some assets.

It was about cap space and taking a shot, for sure. It was also about making a decision not tying the franchise to KP for the next 5 years, if he wanted to be here or not, and he didn't.

It's just as likely they missed out on maxing out another version of Kevin Love.

The Knicks did not trade KP because we were trying to add KD + KI, the Knicks trading him because they knew he would bolt for nothing "Good Riddense!" I don't want anyone that doesn't want to be here because it starts to show on and off court (Think Lebron). Bad body language destroys team chemistry. KP, especially with his off court issues (Rape allegations was not the only incident ) was becoming more and more of an uncontrolled diva right before our eyes and each one of us saw it so nobody can say "I didn't see that coming. Dude was known for drinking too much, coming on to other guy's girlfriends, and refused to listen to the FO when told to bring it down a notch. He had to go.

MSG spin devotees.

No one knows how KP will turn out this season. Maybe he's crippled forever and is completely worthless (in NBA terms). About 75% of the posters on the board hope that that is what happens. The median outcome is that he's really, really good (and I don't care if you equate that to great or not, 'cos I jdfc), but hasn't had enough reps to learn how to effectively pass out of the double team. That's still a really, really good player. Top 15% outcome is that he's one of the top <name-your-number> players in the league, where <name-your-number> is any integer <= 20.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1412 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:45 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
malik959 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

The Knicks did not trade KP because we were trying to add KD + KI, the Knicks trading him because they knew he would bolt for nothing "Good Riddense!" I don't want anyone that doesn't want to be here because it starts to show on and off court (Think Lebron). Bad body language destroys team chemistry. KP, especially with his off court issues (Rape allegations was not the only incident ) was becoming more and more of an uncontrolled diva right before our eyes and each one of us saw it so nobody can say "I didn't see that coming. Dude was known for drinking too much, coming on to other guy's girlfriends, and refused to listen to the FO when told to bring it down a notch. He had to go.

MSG spin devotees.

No one knows how KP will turn out this season. Maybe he's crippled forever and is completely worthless (in NBA terms). About 75% of the posters on the board hope that that is what happens. The median outcome is that he's really, really good (and I don't care if you equate that to great or not, 'cos I jdfc), but hasn't had enough reps to learn how to effectively pass out of the double team. That's still a really, really good player. Top 15% outcome is that he's one of the top <name-your-number> players in the league, where <name-your-number> is any integer <= 20.

There's an aspect we'll never know the real story.

IF the guy didn't want to stay, at all, he could become Lebron James X Dirk, and there wasn't sh*t the Knicks could do but trade him and get value. IF that was true, they made the right move.
*How the relationship got there is another story and involves yet MORE guessing, as to who is at fault etc. Another thing we'll never really know.

IF the reason is that KP wasn't a solid citizen, off the court, then that's not really the most solid basketball reason. I'll just discount that as MSG propaganda to make the decision, whatever it was for, more palatable, I guess. Just silly.

IF the reason is, the Knicks weren't sold on KP as a #1 option, but felt he'd be overpaid as a 2nd banana, AND/OR that maybe his injury history made them feel that in either capacity they wouldn't get BOTH max value out of his deal AND that it would handcuff the team moving forward, than that's something that will be up for debate over the next couple of years, in terms of decision making. There are certainly valid reasons to see why a front office might want to hedge AWAY from such a player and there are valid reasons to have that player stay, in terms of roster building etc.

To me, right now, I'm just rehashing things I said immediately after the trade. I can understand the trade; I can understand where it might not work out. Hopefully it won't be like the Melo trade and get re-litigated, as it were, after every good or bad KP game or DSJr trade or who the Knicks drafted or whatever*

*Insert RealGM Knicks bus photo here
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1413 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:58 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Worked out super-good.

We don't know.

And I know that you know all the possible explanations.
And you know that I know all the possible explanations.
And see above to the reasons why it might be valid for KP to feel that way, as well as many reasons why KP shouldn't feel that way.

But we don't know, and everything is a guess, and the guesses people make are to support an existing bias they have about the situation. Generally.

Until some real evidence comes out, which it probably won't, because all we'll have is KP and MSG playing "They said/He said" over and over. Or not.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,063

Post#1414 » by stuporman » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:24 pm

If it's true about that KP ultimatum then Perry did a good job of getting the deal done quick and hitting all the sweet spots a franchise needs to have in trading their 'star'...... picks, a ton of cap relief and a young talented player. It wasn't just about the cap dump of bad contracts for top FAs or just the picks or just a young player.... it's all of it

Could the Knicks have found a better deal by waiting out the trade deadline with an absent and disgruntled, injured and looming off the court issues player? Maybe in the imagination of forum fantasy GMs who think everything they think can happen, does happen with a few clicks.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
malik959
Lead Assistant

Post#1415 » by malik959 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:36 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Worked out super-good.

BBecause the Knicks weren't going to pay another injury prone player 170mil to only play 50 games a season, + Yanas wanted a larger role in the Knicks management in which they weren't having it, + KP has a night life issues that is on a down hill spiral and sooner or later he's going to find out the hard way about it.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,063

Post#1416 » by GONYK » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:51 pm

stuporman wrote:If it's true about that KP ultimatum then Perry did a good job of getting the deal done quick and hitting all the sweet spots a franchise needs to have in trading their 'star'...... picks, a ton of cap relief and a young talented player. It wasn't just about the cap dump of bad contracts for top FAs or just the picks or just a young player.... it's all of it

Could the Knicks have found a better deal by waiting out the trade deadline with an absent and disgruntled, injured and looming off the court issues player? Maybe in the imagination of forum fantasy GMs who think everything they think can happen, does happen with a few clicks.

I think we reportedly gave KP the ultimatum. Pills and Cuban agreed to a deal 2 days before when Dallas was in NY.

We called KP in to ask him if he's in or if he's out. He was non-committal about signing an extension and said he was going back to Spain. They told him that that doesn't work and they are going to have to explore trades. He then gave them a list of teams he wanted to be traded to.

Pills then promptly threw KP's list in the trash and traded him to Dallas before he and his brother could make it to the parking lot.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,650

Post#1417 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:56 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Way too early for this, but the Kings Bogdanovic is limited in the extension he is eligible for. He can make up to 54 mil at most (I think that's the number). He's going to get way more than that and can possibly be stolen away. Expecting to see 4/70 offers out there.

He's pretty good - in 28 MPG

14.1 PPG 3.5 RPG 3.8 APG 1.0 SPG
42% FG 36% 3PT 83% FT 50% EFG 53% TS

Primarily a 2 but can swing up to the 3 in small ball lineups for a few mins.

Our interest will probably be minimal especially if RJ stays at the 2

I always liked him.

RJ's a 3, not a 2. Who's saying he's a 2?

I believe it’s a been a matter of a debate. I think he’s just a wing who can play both with no issues.

I like having a sharp passer at the 3 but I hear ya
Free Palestine
malik959
Lead Assistant

Post#1418 » by malik959 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:12 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
malik959 wrote:

MSG spin devotees.

There's an aspect we'll never know the real story.

IF the guy didn't want to stay, at all, he could become Lebron James X Dirk, and there wasn't sh*t the Knicks could do but trade him and get value. IF that was true, they made the right move.
*How the relationship got there is another story and involves yet MORE guessing, as to who is at fault etc. Another thing we'll never really know.

IF the reason is that KP wasn't a solid citizen, off the court, then that's not really the most solid basketball reason. I'll just discount that as MSG propaganda to make the decision, whatever it was for, more palatable, I guess. Just silly.

IF the reason is, the Knicks weren't sold on KP as a #1 option, but felt he'd be overpaid as a 2nd banana, AND/OR that maybe his injury history made them feel that in either capacity they wouldn't get BOTH max value out of his deal AND that it would handcuff the team moving forward, than that's something that will be up for debate over the next couple of years, in terms of decision making. There are certainly valid reasons to see why a front office might want to hedge AWAY from such a player and there are valid reasons to have that player stay, in terms of roster building etc.

To me, right now, I'm just rehashing things I said immediately after the trade. I can understand the trade; I can understand where it might not work out. Hopefully it won't be like the Melo trade and get re-litigated, as it were, after every good or bad KP game or DSJr trade or who the Knicks drafted or whatever*

*Insert RealGM Knicks bus photo here

At this point I just don't see KP as anymore than a Jabari Parker type of player. He has never been healthy and now after having a major knee surgery and being out for more than a year people are expecting this 7'3 injury prone player, who relies on athleticism, to be able to get right back into jumping out the gym. Please! Now I don't wish death or I jury to anyone, that's not my style, but KP didn't want to be here when he was treated right, so he can eat a dickup till he hiccups, move along.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,529

Post#1419 » by Fat Kat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1420 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:12 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

All this RIGHT AFTER the Lakers tampered.

How convenient.

What bullsh*t.

Return to New York Knicks