ImageImageImage

Vlatko Cancar

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: Vlatko Cancar 

Post#21 » by skywalker33 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:32 pm

XTraderXL wrote:You have seen him in the summer league for a few games and are now experts on Cancar. 6-11 and playing center? You couldnt be more wrong on both. I recommend watching actual games (not just summer league) and not depend on google info on him. Both of you look like clowns in this case;-)

Summer League games, against NBA schemes, players, coaching ISN’T real games ?? You have already proven how low ( or completely lacking ) your BBIQ is by suggesting a player at 6-9 should play PF in a small-ball lineup rather C, so calling others clowns is just stupid. Your credibility here is a joke. And I did see in SL and thought the same as Rebel, his skill set is similar enough to Jokic’s that we can utilize him with the 2nd unit w/o losing a lot.

Just a bit of advice, if you’d like to add something here, lose the attitude
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#22 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:37 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:You have seen him in the summer league for a few games and are now experts on Cancar. 6-11 and playing center? You couldnt be more wrong on both. I recommend watching actual games (not just summer league) and not depend on google info on him. Both of you look like clowns in this case;-)

Summer League games, against NBA schemes, players, coaching ISN’T real games ?? You have already proven how lowliest ( or completely lacking ) by suggest a player 6-9 should play PF in a small-ball lineup rather than C, so calling others clowns is just stupid. Your credibility here is a joke. And I did see in SL and thought the same as Rebel, his skill set is similar enough to Jokic’s that we can utilize him with the 2nd unit w/o losing a lot. Just a bit of advice, if you’d like to add something here, lose the attitude

Strong recommendation: on this board we can disagree with each other - we've got some that disagree strongly; but we do not care for people coming in blasting with all sorts of negative and disparaging remarks. It is strongly recommended that you bring more positive contributions than attacks - especially until you are a regular on this board.

We would indeed welcome your contributions. But consider that we have more than a few people on this board that have seen the Nuggets players in person not just in Denver but in Summer League as well.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#23 » by The Rebel » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:47 pm

Someone coming with an attitude like you ensures we all know that you are a clown. As for summer league, last I checked those are real games, and according to your location you are in Australia, which tells me you probably have no idea who Cancar even is, and are just on this board trolling.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#24 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Oct 1, 2019 11:01 pm

What do we know about Cancar?

He was drafted in 2017, so he's getting old - wrong! He's 22 years old.

His height has been debated in this thread but for those who have seen him in person, it appears he's "PF height" meaning taller than a 6'6" SF and smaller than a 7' center. Apparently he has grown a little bit since he was drafted.

He's improved in his play over the last couple of years in Europe. He looked decent in this year's summer league. He's not a super athletic guy but he plays intelligently and seems to be in the right place most of the time, even against quicker players.

He's not likely to get many minutes this year. He looks to be pretty much a PF and he'll be behind Millsap, Grant, probably Vanderbilt & Plumlee unless he really impresses Malone this week and in the pre-season.
skywalker33

Post#25 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:56 am

While JGrant's status has become uncertain, maybe we have someone who can put some Power in the Power Forward position, DAMN Vlatko !!!

Read on Twitter

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#26 » by THE J0KER » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:05 am

Great to see his body improvement, but as a ticket to Nuggets minutes he still needs what I talking when he still played in Europe. He needs to up his 3pt% percentages at least to 35%, otherwise around MPJ, Grant, Bol, Barton, (+Craig)... he looks hopeless even after Millsap exit.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by The Rebel » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:00 pm

I am most concerned about his foot injury that kept him out of all the bubble games. Anybody hear any other information about it? I just know it was listed as a foot injury.
skywalker33

Post#28 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:08 pm

No word on his foot injury and but I doubt that he'd have seen any PT in the playoffs. However, we are now in the offseason so hopefully, we'll get to see him in an entire training camp setting.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by The Rebel » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:14 pm

skywalker33 wrote:No word on his foot injury and but I doubt that he'd have seen any PT in the playoffs. However, we are now in the offseason so hopefully, we'll get to see him in an entire training camp setting.

Platoffs no,but the bubble games where we were tanking would have been a good place to see him without the injury. Foot injuries scare me because they seem to reoccur for years.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#30 » by THE J0KER » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:30 pm

Vlatko Cancar was a man of the match yesterday in Slovenia's 94-88 win vs Croatia with 21-9-3 (3p 4-6) in just 23 minutes!

Jokic was also active yesterday but played only 15 minutes vs Germany (FG 10-11, 22pts) enough for an 83-56 blowup win for Serbia.
skywalker33

Post#31 » by skywalker33 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:03 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Vlatko Cancar was a man of the match yesterday in Slovenia's 94-88 win vs Croatia with 21-9-3 (3p 4-6) in just 23 minutes!

Jokic was also active yesterday but played only 15 minutes vs Germany (FG 10-11, 22pts) enough for an 83-56 blowup win for Serbia.

Nice to hear but like so many Euro's, he reminds me of Juancho....a star in FIBA play but n3ver can show it in the NBA. Still great to hear he has the potential and is relatively young at 25yo.

Thanks for the update Joker, how's Nikola's Serbian team doing in the tournament ??

juanc
Pro Prospect
And1: 835

Post#32 » by juanc » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:59 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Vlatko Cancar was a man of the match yesterday in Slovenia's 94-88 win vs Croatia with 21-9-3 (3p 4-6) in just 23 minutes!

Nice to hear but like so many Euro's, he reminds me of Juancho....a star in FIBA play but n3ver can show it in the NBA. Still great to hear he has the potential and is relatively young at 25yo.

Thanks for the update Joker, how's Nikola's Serbian team doing in the tournament ??

Eurobasket doesn+t start till 1.9.2022, but Serbia is the main favourite for gold(at least in my humble opinion). Just a deep and very talented team allaround. Slovenia with Vlatko is also one of the main favourites for a medal(they also have Luka and Dragić), together with Greece, France and then Lithuania.

Those were just friendly games, but the Joker looks great, you could see he wasn't playing 100%, but still he dominated the games.

Next up are world championship qualifiers, Serbia plays Greece(Giannis) on 25.8, that should be a great game.
skywalker33

Post#33 » by skywalker33 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:04 pm

juanc wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Eurobasket doesn+t start till 1.9.2022, but Serbia is the main favourite for gold(at least in my humble opinion). Just a deep and very talented team allaround. Slovenia with Vlatko is also one of the main favourites for a medal(they also have Luka and Dragić), together with Greece, France and then Lithuania.

Those were just friendly games, but the Joker looks great, you could see he wasn't playing 100%, but still he dominated the games.

Next up are world championship qualifiers, Serbia plays Greece(Giannis) on 25.8, that should be a great game.

Thanks for the update

Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#34 » by Richard Miller » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:34 am

juanc wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

More like dark horse than the main favorite, Serbian players are pretty much playing for the first time with each other (Jokic didn't play for a few years) and they have a new coach too. Other teams are much better in that (especially Slovenia).
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by The Rebel » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:56 pm

I am hoping Cancar plays and gains some confidence, while he will likely be out of the rotation to start the season I think he is a very important depth player this season.
skywalker33

Post#36 » by skywalker33 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:47 pm

The Rebel wrote:I am hoping Cancar plays and gains some confidence, while he will likely be out of the rotation to start the season I think he is a very important depth player this season.

Well, Rebel, you've always been hopeful with Vltko, perhaps this is his year. The World Games may be his catalyst

Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#37 » by Richard Miller » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:13 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:I am hoping Cancar plays and gains some confidence, while he will likely be out of the rotation to start the season I think he is a very important depth player this season.

Well, Rebel, you've always been hopeful with Vltko, perhaps this is his year. The World Games may be his catalyst

Ironically, if he doesn't play much means everybody else is healthy and doing ok, so not a bad thing. But agree he will help with the depth.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#38 » by THE J0KER » Thu Sep 1, 2022 6:02 pm

Vlatko Cancar opens in a very good way EuroBasket today in a game where Doncic-Dragic-Cancar Slovenia beat 92-85 Sabonis-Valanciunas Lithuania. Vlatko was 11-3-3 but more important he has no mistake today (FG-4/5 3p-2/2 good defense). One sequence where Cancar blocked the opponent from behind and then finished with and+1 was the highlight of the game (together with one Doncic dunk).

DanEu
Freshman
And1: 111

Post#39 » by DanEu » Thu Sep 1, 2022 7:41 pm

Well if he can keep shooting the 3 like he has been in the last few weeks I definitely see a place for him in the Nuggets rotation.
skywalker33

Post#40 » by skywalker33 » Thu Sep 1, 2022 9:55 pm

More wide open game in FIBA, more teamwork IMO. Definitely not NBA play though, it’d be nice if it translates for Cancar

Return to Denver Nuggets