bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,477

Re: Dynasty League 

Post#641 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:56 pm

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:Let me know if there is a team available that I can take over in the dynasty league.

I put my name out there for a team back in March

We have an opening. batsmasher's team. So it's yours.....I can't remember who's on it...let me check.

Edit: Looks like you have Paul George, Trae Young, De'Aaron Fox, Josh Richardson, Oubre, MItchell Robinson, Steven Adams, Montrezl Harrell, etc...let me know if you can see this. https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/19068/1

Thats a nice team.

I am unable to view that link however. Says 'You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)'

So I'll need an invite. Once the commish situation is sorted out I'll pm my email to the commissioner right?

Yes. Looks like that team finished 5th last year out of the 16 teams.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#642 » by MathiasPW » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:58 pm

I can commish the dynasty league if TASTIC doesn't want to do it.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#643 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:01 pm

MathiasPW wrote:I can commish the dynasty league if TASTIC doesn't want to do it.

OK, sounds good. We need to solidify the draft order with I guess 4 lotteries of 4 teams. I think TASTIC has a good random lotto site he uses...can't remember.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#644 » by TASTIC » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:57 pm

MathiasPW wrote:I can commish the dynasty league if TASTIC doesn't want to do it.

Just got email from bwgood this morning - won’t be available to commish sorry, already run 3 other leagues and with baby admin that’s already a stretch!

Happy to help with the lottery/draft.

This is the best for randomising draft orders - that way everyone gets the same email at the same time with the random order:

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/draft-order-generator.php

I’m in the bottom 4 for dynasty so praying for Zion!
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#645 » by TASTIC » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:59 pm

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:Let me know if there is a team available that I can take over in the dynasty league.

I put my name out there for a team back in March

We have an opening. batsmasher's team. So it's yours.....I can't remember who's on it...let me check.

Edit: Looks like you have Paul George, Trae Young, De'Aaron Fox, Josh Richardson, Oubre, MItchell Robinson, Steven Adams, Montrezl Harrell, etc...let me know if you can see this. https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/19068/1

Thats a nice team.

I am unable to view that link however. Says 'You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)'

So I'll need an invite. Once the commish situation is sorted out I'll pm my email to the commissioner right?

I have no doubt with your experience that team will be top 2 if you draft right. Great roto team
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#646 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:29 pm

Poor bigfoot...some of the inherited teams have been really good. His, not so much. I took one of those over in a 20 team 4 man keeper league, where the only good player the guy had was Peyton Manning, and he had just retired. His best players were AJ Green and Greg Olsen....neither of which do anything. But I've done pretty well adding guys to compete, it just takes a bit of luck and in fantasy basketball where any rookie can end up being great, it can turn around quickly if you are able to add the right guys.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#647 » by TASTIC » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:06 pm

Crazy idea. If anyone else wants in on the Dynasty league (max 1 team per offseason) we could do an expansion draft.

So everyone protect their top 7, but anyone outside of that is free to be drafted by the new team. Once they’ve picked their squad (8 keepers), the rest of us submit our 8 keepers also. So you’d essentially only lose your 8th best keeper at worst cos you protect your top 7.

We did this in one of my smaller cash leagues and it was hilarious seeing people decide between a win now ‘average’ player and a 2-3yr down the line potential stud. Also made a rule a max of 1 player off any one team so nobody got slammed.

Much like expansion teams they’d come in with a higher draft pick but not necessarily top 3.

Just a thought, could bring some more tactics into it and more trades.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,172

Post#648 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:09 am

I feel like more teams causes more hassle than fun.

Sent from my SM-A205U using RealGM mobile app
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,697

Post#649 » by Qwigglez » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:56 am

Yeah, it would be too difficult to add another team IMO because we'd be scrapping the bottom of the barrel type players.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#650 » by MathiasPW » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:39 pm

We are at 16 teams and kinda running late to start drafting, with a commish change also happening (btw please notify me when/if it happens).

I'll avoid a major change like changing keepers and adding a 17th team at this stage.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#651 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:18 pm

MathiasPW wrote:We are at 16 teams and kinda running late to start drafting, with a commish change also happening (btw please notify me when/if it happens).

I'll avoid a major change like changing keepers and adding a 17th team at this stage.

I'll tell batsmasher to transfer commish to you.
KopLegend
Sixth Man
And1: 197

Post#652 » by KopLegend » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:19 pm

Hi all,

Anyone else looking to take over a dynasty team? Afraid I might have to back out after 3 years. Realized over the last few weeks (as many of you sent trade offers to me - I appreciate them and sorry for not getting back to you) that I just don't have the time to fully commit to this and feel it wouldn't be fair to those who are super invested in the league. I've got a decent young squad:
-Kyrie Irving
-Jayson Tatum
-Jaylen Brown
-Shai Gilgeous Alexander
-Jusuf Nurkic
-Aaron Gordon
-TJ Warren
-Cedi Osman
-Hassaan Whiteside
-Marcus Smart
-Fred Van Vleet

maybe a couple others...can't recall off the top of my head. i accidentally horded a lot of Celtics players last season lol.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,172

Post#653 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:15 pm

KopLegend wrote:Hi all,

Anyone else looking to take over a dynasty team? Afraid I might have to back out after 3 years. Realized over the last few weeks (as many of you sent trade offers to me - I appreciate them and sorry for not getting back to you) that I just don't have the time to fully commit to this and feel it wouldn't be fair to those who are super invested in the league. I've got a decent young squad:
-Kyrie Irving
-Jayson Tatum
-Jaylen Brown
-Shai Gilgeous Alexander
-Jusuf Nurkic
-Aaron Gordon
-TJ Warren
-Cedi Osman
-Hassaan Whiteside
-Marcus Smart
-Fred Van Vleet

maybe a couple others...can't recall off the top of my head. i accidentally horded a lot of Celtics players last season lol.

Quick, agree to a trade with me before you give it up! Lol.

Sent from my SM-A205U using RealGM mobile app
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#654 » by bigfoot » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:26 pm

-Kyrie Irving
-Jayson Tatum
-Jaylen Brown
-Shai Gilgeous Alexander
-Jusuf Nurkic
-Aaron Gordon
-TJ Warren
-Cedi Osman
-Hassaan Whiteside
-Marcus Smart
-Fred Van Vleet

Yes I’ll trade my entire team for your team
bigfoot

Post#655 » by bigfoot » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:29 pm

-Kyrie Irving
-Jayson Tatum
-Jaylen Brown
-Shai Gilgeous Alexander
-Jusuf Nurkic
-Aaron Gordon
-TJ Warren
-Cedi Osman
-Hassaan Whiteside
-Marcus Smart
-Fred Van Vleet

Yes I’ll trade my entire team for your team
bigfoot

Post#656 » by bigfoot » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:34 pm

I suggest that when managers drop out we have a mini draft between all the new managers coming in.
Players from those teams are put into a pool and then each manager takes turns selecting their eight keepers. It’s kinda of a bummer watching people get decent teams when I mostly have trash.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,671

Post#657 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:02 am

bigfoot wrote:I suggest that when managers drop out we have a mini draft between all the new managers coming in.
Players from those teams are put into a pool and then each manager takes turns selecting their eight keepers. It’s kinda of a bummer watching people get decent teams when I mostly have trash.
If the other new managers are fine with then go for it but needs to be done soon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#658 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:51 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bigfoot wrote:I suggest that when managers drop out we have a mini draft between all the new managers coming in.
If the other new managers are fine with then go for it but needs to be done soon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

I was going to mention when looking at Kop's team that bigfoot could take that if he wants (though he'd need to take that draft slot too...not sure where it is). This idea above makes sense except it would have made more sense last year when we had two really good teams open and one pretty weak one. This year we have two pretty good ones.

I think if we don't have a replacement, bigfoot can take that team if he wants and we could throw the players from the remaning team into the draft pool and contract to 15.

But 16 is a pretty nice size for a dynasty league since we are more likely to take rookies and stash than in a normal league.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,380

Post#659 » by sunskerr » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:58 pm

As an incoming owner who would be taking over batsmashers team, which is pretty damn talented, I will support a separate draft for incoming owners that consists of the players from teams that do not have returning owners. This sounds like the fairest option.

However I don’t think Bigfoot should simply be able to swap rosters like that. This is no different than me taking over batsmashers team. It seems arbitrary that I would be taking over batsmashers roster and it’s also arbitrary that he’d be taking over Kops. But if he’s upgrading to kops team then heck yeah I want batsmashers squad.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#660 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:38 pm

sunskerr wrote:As an incoming owner who would be taking over batsmashers team, which is pretty damn talented, I will support a separate draft for incoming owners that consists of the players from teams that do not have returning owners. This sounds like the fairest option.

However I don’t think Bigfoot should simply be able to swap rosters like that. This is no different than me taking over batsmashers team. It seems arbitrary that I would be taking over batsmashers roster and it’s also arbitrary that he’d be taking over Kops. But if he’s upgrading to kops team then heck yeah I want batsmashers squad.

I agree the fairest way for the two new owners this year is to draft all available players from both teams. It's just last year the first person to bow out had a fairly weak team outside of Curry and maybe Covington, so bigfoot took it. Then two managers with pretty stacked teams dropped out so basically he got penalized for being the first person to volunteer to take a team.

Curry should go off this year though.

Return to Phoenix Suns