ImageImageImage

Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1501 » by Darth Celtic » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:10 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:Some writer-blogger apparently suggested Hayward to Cleveland for Clarkson/TT.. no way I’d do it, *but* it’s the kind of return you might be able to flip in a multi-team trade if the market breaks right..

Both Thompson and Clarskon are worthless. One is a very limited 6'8 big man whos good at rebounding, the other is a chucker who cant defend for ****. I wouldnt do that, ever. Theres no value in it, wed literally be helping the Cavs for nothing.

Id take the PG picm wr gave them tho and a first for Hayward. I like the kid they selected. Everything else is outrageous.

Right, but the hope would be that some third or fourth team values them, as expirings, as help for a playoff run, or even just as players. Just saying it’s something to monitor.

nobody values them. None. Worst trade i've seen unless they included an unprotected pick and that with Haywards value at an all time low still.

Now, i wouldn't be for it, but if you said love and something, I would understand.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,391

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1502 » by Triple7 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:06 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
Both Thompson and Clarskon are worthless. One is a very limited 6'8 big man whos good at rebounding, the other is a chucker who cant defend for ****. I wouldnt do that, ever. Theres no value in it, wed literally be helping the Cavs for nothing.

Id take the PG picm wr gave them tho and a first for Hayward. I like the kid they selected. Everything else is outrageous.

Right, but the hope would be that some third or fourth team values them, as expirings, as help for a playoff run, or even just as players. Just saying it’s something to monitor.

nobody values them. None. Worst trade i've seen unless they included an unprotected pick and that with Haywards value at an all time low still.

Now, i wouldn't be for it, but if you said love and something, I would understand.

I’d get really pissed off if we get tristan thompson. That guy is useless. Can’t defend the block, being an undersized center, and no offensive moves at all. Heck, he can’t even block guards attacking him inside. I’m fine with ckarkson if he comes in cheap, and comes off the bench.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,900

Post#1503 » by FlatearthZorro » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:44 am

Triple7 wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:

I’d get really pissed off if we get tristan thompson. That guy is useless. Can’t defend the block, being an undersized center, and no offensive moves at all. Heck, he can’t even block guards attacking him inside. I’m fine with ckarkson if he comes in cheap, and comes off the bench.

Clarkson is completely useless as well. We got Edwards who might better than Clarkson in his frist year in the league.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
GotDaSauce
RealGM
And1: 9,627

Post#1504 » by GotDaSauce » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:32 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

Id take the PG picm wr gave them tho and a first for Hayward. I like the kid they selected. Everything else is outrageous.[/

That trade suggestion should get you banned from this board!! :o :banghead: Really though these trash ass Hayward trades have me rethinking if some of you are really Celtics fans.
100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Post#1505 » by 100proof » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:36 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Some writer-blogger apparently suggested Hayward to Cleveland for Clarkson/TT.. no way I’d do it, *but* it’s the kind of return you might be able to flip in a multi-team trade if the market breaks right..

Cleveland really wants Hayward but honestly have nothing of worth to offer.

Celtics need a proper PF, we currently have Kanter, RWilliams, Poirier, Theis all as Centers and Grant williams as the only PF/

Bringing in another guard (Kemba, Brown, Smart, Edwards, Waters, Wannamaker, Langford) and another center at this point seems foolish.

the need remains a power Forward.

I would love to see team target Griffin or Gordon at this point for Hayward would be great.

Hayward to Orlando fro Gordon and Augustine. (Augustine then flipped)

Hayward and Langford for Griffin and Wood
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#1506 » by KGboss » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:39 pm

When is media day this week?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,781

Post#1507 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:59 pm

Daniel Theis looks like a real power forward to me.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,657

Post#1508 » by NuckyPowell » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:29 pm

100proof wrote:

Celtics need a proper PF, we currently have Kanter, RWilliams, Poirier, Theis all as Centers and Grant williams as the only PF/

Bringing in another guard (Kemba, Brown, Smart, Edwards, Waters, Wannamaker, Langford) and another center at this point seems foolish.

I would love to see team target Griffin or Gordon at this point for Hayward would be great.

If Detroit wants to move off of Griffin's contract, Hayward's ends a year earlier. For us, since we have Tatum and Brown, Griffin would make a lot more sense than Hayward in terms of a balanced roster. I'd go for a Hayward for Griffin trade. I'd like our chances against Philly a lot better after that.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Post#1509 » by GoCeltics123 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:37 pm

KGboss wrote:When is media day this week?

It's one week from now according to Marc D'Amico
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#1510 » by KGboss » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:45 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:

Why'd I read online training camp starts Thursday then?

smith2373
General Manager
And1: 1,723

Post#1511 » by smith2373 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:56 pm

KGboss wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:

Why'd I read online training camp starts Thursday then?

That's for teams that are playing in overseas preseason games
100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Post#1512 » by 100proof » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:06 pm

NuckyPowell wrote:
100proof wrote:

If Detroit wants to move off of Griffin's contract, Hayward's ends a year earlier. For us, since we have Tatum and Brown, Griffin would make a lot more sense than Hayward in terms of a balanced roster. I'd go for a Hayward for Griffin trade. I'd like our chances against Philly a lot better after that.

IMO a real dangerous team. if just Hayward for Griffin (perhaps a pick from Boston to sweeten a bit)

and have 2 timelines basically as well.

Kanter is the front court muscle, and Brown/Tatum/Kemba all able to take a load off Griffin would preserve him injury wise IMO.

Kemba/Edwards/Wannamaker/Waters
Brown/Smart/Langford
Tatum/Semi
Griffin/GWilliams/Theis
Kanter/Poirier/RWilliams

Green and Tacko as 2 way contract, door open for a consolidation trade in the season.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1513 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:08 pm

100proof wrote:
NuckyPowell wrote:
100proof wrote:

IMO a real dangerous team. if just Hayward for Griffin (perhaps a pick from Boston to sweeten a bit)

and have 2 timelines basically as well.

Kanter is the front court muscle, and Brown/Tatum/Kemba all able to take a load off Griffin would preserve him injury wise IMO.

Kemba/Edwards/Wannamaker/Waters
Brown/Smart/Langford
Tatum/Semi
Griffin/GWilliams/Theis
Kanter/Poirier/RWilliams

Green and Tacko as 2 way contract, door open for a consolidation trade in the season.

If the NBA Finals started in January, then sure, I'd be down for a Blake Griffin trade. Unfortunately, they don't start up until June, and by then, Blake's legs would be complete dust at that point. The guy was hobbling around in a ridiculously large knee brace during the last playoffs. Add another year of mileage that the regular season brings....that won't bode well for any team that has Blake on their roster. I say this as a guy who really likes Blake's game now too. He's developed into something special. Unfortunately, his body won't hold up.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Post#1514 » by GoCeltics123 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,502

Post#1515 » by canman1971 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:54 pm

Now, I understand there are multiple views on Marcus Smart as a player, and I have had my issues at time with his play. But, given this ranking, and who is above him and I confirm what I already know is these lists and those who create them are absolutely crap. Lonzo Ball 20+spots ahead of Smart? WTF?

87. Marcus Smart

John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Sports
Boston Celtics | SG

Previous rank: 54

Projected RPM wins: 6.55
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27640475/ranking-best-players-nba-season-100-51
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1516 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:45 pm

canman1971 wrote:Now, I understand there are multiple views on Marcus Smart as a player, and I have had my issues at time with his play. But, given this ranking, and who is above him and I confirm what I already know is these lists and those who create them are absolutely crap. Lonzo Ball 20+spots ahead of Smart? WTF?

87. Marcus Smart

John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Sports
Boston Celtics | SG

Previous rank: 54

Projected RPM wins: 6.55
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27640475/ranking-best-players-nba-season-100-51

Kyrie will continue to be rated in the top 20 without making a top 20 impact on the game while Smart will be 87 and give a top 50 impact. These lists never change.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1517 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:48 pm

I mean, Carris Lavert is 60th.....
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#1518 » by Disinformation » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:27 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:I mean, Carris Lavert is 60th.....

:lol: :crazy:
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,351

Post#1519 » by reload141 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:38 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:I mean, Carris Lavert is 60th.....

Some Nets fans believe he'll be the 3rd banana when Durant is back.

:lol:
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#1520 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:46 pm

GotDaSauce wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:nobody values them. None. Worst trade i've seen unless they included an unprotected pick and that with Haywards value at an all time low still.

That trade suggestion should get you banned from this board!! :o :banghead: Really though these trash ass Hayward trades have me rethinking if some of you are really Celtics fans.

Can we ban you for bad reading comprehension?

It’s not a good package for Hayward, no. The point is that it might be the fulcrum of a good package if other teams got involved. All it takes is one- it would be the trade equivalent of working an 0-2 to a full count - Thompson and Clarkson have limited value, but maybe someone else wants to dump salary, or needs a bench scorer or big for the playoffs, you keep your eyes open for that knowing what Cleveland has on the table.

Return to Boston Celtics