ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#61 » by D21 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:39 pm

I'm not sure, he just had three consecutive seasons with a decrease in impact on both offense and defense, and the overall Net on/off court goes from +8.7pts on 100poss in 2016-17 to +3.7pts in 2017-18 to -1.2pts last season... it's not a red flag but... let's wait and see how 2019-20 starts for him
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,462

Post#62 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:24 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#63 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:04 pm

In retrospect, I would have coupled D Bembry and a bunch of those extra 2019 2nd round draft picks to acquire French Frank in hopes of making him a backup PG option. He and Cam Reddish could be dominant defensively off the bench moving forward.

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#64 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:57 am

This doesn't appear to be sourced, just speculation. But if he were to appear on the trade market, I'd definitely be interested in adding him to our front court.

I'd offer Bembry and both of our 2020 1st round draft picks. It'd be hard to offer more than that for a potentially elite role player expecting a huge pay raise.

Pascal Siakam can be a star or trade chip for the Raptors. Which will it be?

Siakam is full of possibility, in Toronto or elsewhere

Where the Toronto Raptors go from here is one of the most thought-provoking questions filtering through the NBA right now. It neatly dovetails with another: What, exactly, is Pascal Siakam? Siakam is eligible for a contract extension — worth up to $170 million — but no agreement has been made, presumably because his $7 million cap hold lets Toronto keep him and still have enough space to afford two max players (either via a trade or free agency) next summer.

I...wanted to write a column about Siakam as low-key the NBA’s juiciest trade chip. Siakam makes sense everywhere, and even on a max contract he’s young enough not to push any timelines ahead of schedule. What if the Thunder exceed expectations and start day-dreaming about Siakam and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander as a tangible duo that’s more attractive to their fanbase than all the draft picks they currently own?

The Atlanta Hawks could be a very aggressive suitor, too.
SB Nation
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,908

Post#65 » by jayu70 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Batum has $27 mil left on his deal in 2020/2021. 

Making this trade would drop our potential capspace for the 2020 offseason from $70 mil to $43 mil.

Batum is still a serviceable player, more so than Parsons. He can be a playmaking PF, 35% from 3 last year. 

For a very lightly protected future 1st from Charlotte, I'd seriously think about this deal.

Don't know that Charlotte should be giving up picks though.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#66 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:04 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd take Batum off their hands for either of Malik Monk or Miles Bridges.

Especially since i believe Batum could be moved easily next summer as an expiring contract...
jayu70
RealGM

Post#67 » by jayu70 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:16 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd take Batum off their hands for either of Malik Monk or Miles Bridges.

Especially since i believe Batum could be moved easily next summer as an expiring contract...

Miles Bridges...yes, he can backup JC at PF.
Malik Monk...no...seems to be always injured, small for a SG and struggles playing point.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#68 » by Spud2nique » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:40 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:This doesn't appear to be sourced, just speculation. But if he were to appear on the trade market, I'd definitely be interested in adding him to our front court.

I'd offer Bembry and both of our 2020 1st round draft picks. It'd be hard to offer more than that for a potentially elite role player expecting a huge pay raise.

Where the Toronto Raptors go from here is one of the most thought-provoking questions filtering through the NBA right now. It neatly dovetails with another: What, exactly, is Pascal Siakam? Siakam is eligible for a contract extension — worth up to $170 million — but no agreement has been made, presumably because his $7 million cap hold lets Toronto keep him and still have enough space to afford two max players (either via a trade or free agency) next summer.

I...wanted to write a column about Siakam as low-key the NBA’s juiciest trade chip. Siakam makes sense everywhere, and even on a max contract he’s young enough not to push any timelines ahead of schedule. What if the Thunder exceed expectations and start day-dreaming about Siakam and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander as a tangible duo that’s more attractive to their fanbase than all the draft picks they currently own?

SB Nation

I look at Pascal like you looked at Prince. He’s replaceable and more like him are coming. Dime a dozen Pass..cal siakam.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Post#69 » by kg01 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:42 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Doesn't this compound our (i.e., your) wang problem though?
king01 :king:
kg01
General Manager

Post#70 » by kg01 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:43 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:This doesn't appear to be sourced, just speculation. But if he were to appear on the trade market, I'd definitely be interested in adding him to our front court.

SB Nation

I look at Pascal like you looked at Prince. He’s replaceable and more like him are coming. Dime a dozen Pass..cal siakam.

How he does this season will tell the tale on Pass...cal.

I agree with you on him. In fact, I expect a dip in his play this season.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#71 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:49 pm

kg01 wrote:Doesn't this compound our (i.e., your) wang problem though?

Perhaps. Especially with Monk coming due on his rookie contract extension talks next summer.

But i also see him capable of playing both backup PG and SG -- taking over the role from Evan Turner/D Bembry after the season.

Miles Bridges...would just be fun to have this squad. Whether he's playing backup PF, SF or Center.

jayu70
RealGM

Post#72 » by jayu70 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:21 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Doesn't this compound our (i.e., your) wang problem though?

Like I said above, I'd take Bridges to backup JC.
Pass on Monk.
kg01
General Manager

Post#73 » by kg01 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:38 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
kg01 wrote:Doesn't this compound our (i.e., your) wang problem though?

Perhaps. Especially with Monk coming due on his rookie contract extension talks next summer.

But i also see him capable of playing both backup PG and SG -- taking over the role from Evan Turner/D Bembry after the season.

Miles Bridges...would just be fun to have this squad. Whether he's playing backup PF, SF or Center.

Monk is bad, man. Let's just wait for CHA to choose not to sign him and pick him up off the scrap heap like the Hezonja's of the world.

Bridges is .... eh, a dunker at-best right now. You tryna brang bak the JSmoooove era?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#74 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:23 pm

kg01 wrote:Monk is bad, man. Let's just wait for CHA to choose not to sign him and pick him up off the scrap heap like the Hezonja's of the world.

Bridges is .... eh, a dunker at-best right now. You tryna brang bak the JSmoooove era?

I think Charlotte's scouting and player development is among the worst in the league. A real staff with stability could get these guys to at least be productive role players.

(PS I loved Miles coming out of college. I'm not ready to give up on him after a single underwhelming season...with the Hornets.)
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#75 » by D21 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 12:13 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The problem is that if you want to use cap space, by the time you move him, all the F.A. will be gone, so he has to be traded before free agency. It's a huge risk
jayu70
RealGM

Post#76 » by jayu70 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 12:25 pm

D21 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The problem is that if you want to use cap space, by the time you move him, all the F.A. will be gone, so he has to be traded before free agency. It's a huge risk

Hawks can have $74 million in capspace next offseason. Batum's contract is $27 mil. That still leaves approx. $47 million in capspace even with Batum.
35% Max salary is $40.6 mil, 30% max $34.8 mil, 25% max is $29 mil - most FAs in this 2020 class not worth max deals.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#77 » by jayu70 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 4:00 pm

Thought I'd resurrect this Stephen Adams trade idea but with new players:
jayu70General ManagerPost#3210 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:00 pm
Trade: OKC and Atlanta
Stephen Adams (2 yrs/$25 and $27 mil) for

Kent, Len and Cavs 2020 1st.

OKC gets help at C and Wing and reduce their tax bill.

I don't like playing a limited offensive player in Adams that much money but I think he's what we need on defense.

New trade per rumored reports:
OKC is looking to trade Adams and it's said the asking price is considered high. Salary relief, a young prospect and a 1st round pick.

My offer:
Salary relief: Allen Crabbe (expiring: saves $7 mil this season plus $27 mil next season)
Young prospect: I don't see the Hawks moving any of their recently drafted players (Collins, Trae, Huerter, Hunter, Reddish and maybe Bruno). So that leaves Len, Bembry, Parker and Jones - slim pickings.
1st round pick: OKC gets their 2022 1st round pick back, I'll even throw in a couple 2nds.

We also have the Brooklyn 2020 pick protected 1-14 for 3 years to consider offering. (I think we can add additional protection to it if we are trading it).

Adams starts, Len off the bench, Bruno developing!
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,580

Post#78 » by NYG » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:39 pm

I’m working on a three team deal where Beal goes to Boston

What picks would Atlanta add to a Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown and Romeo Langford for Evan Turner and Chandler Parsons swap?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#79 » by jayu70 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:00 pm

NYG wrote:I’m working on a three team deal where Beal goes to Boston

What picks would Atlanta add to a Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown and Romeo Langford for Evan Turner and Chandler Parsons swap?

Why would Atlanta want this deal, tying up their future capspace?
They have a plethora of wing players in Huerter, Hunter, Reddish, Bembry to develop - why get Brown especially who's a RFA and due an extension?
Atlanta needs a Center not more wings.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#80 » by King Ken » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:48 pm

NYG wrote:I’m working on a three team deal where Beal goes to Boston

This deal isn't attractive to us. Cap flexibility is critical for us and this gives us none. I wouldn't have issues with a Parsons/Bembry for Tyler Johnson/Baynes trade. I don't like the trade for Boston either. No way I would move from Romeo and Jaylen. For all of the talk of Jaylen getting paid, I doubt anyone will give him more than 100 mil.

Return to Atlanta Hawks