Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,201

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#121 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:53 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Admittedly this is too light for minny but the money works and could probably be adjusted to make it happen.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y2tuwhnw

I don't like it for Minny or us.

Wolves probably need an additional first round pick. Do you just not like Simons or think Gallinari has higher value? Most of what I’ve read is that Gallinari has the value of a frp. I like Simons so I would rather have the player now than the pick later. However if the wolves got Simons and Little and we go the frp, I don’t think the value changes much.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#122 » by spearsy23 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:47 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Admittedly this is too light for minny but the money works and could probably be adjusted to make it happen.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y2tuwhnw

I don't like it for Minny or us.

Wolves probably need an additional first round pick. Do you just not like Simons or think Gallinari has higher value? Most of what I’ve read is that Gallinari has the value of a frp. I like Simons so I would rather have the player now than the pick later. However if the wolves got Simons and Little and we go the frp, I don’t think the value changes much.

I think Simons/Gallo is fair, wouldn't add Whiteside/Dre. Both because of the added dollars and because I don't want Whiteside anywhere near a team I like.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#123 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:39 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:I don't like it for Minny or us.

I think Simons/Gallo is fair, wouldn't add Whiteside/Dre. Both because of the added dollars and because I don't want Whiteside anywhere near a team I like.

I don’t like whiteside either but he’s an expiring. We already have malcontents in Schroder and CP3. Is one season of Whiteside that big of a deal? I would rather do Bazemore for Gallo and Simons. That trade didn’t fly on the T&T board. I was looking at it from the standpoint of would Portland part with Simons if they got Covington too? Most Portland fans would move their frp for Gallo but not Simons.

Also, Minnesota fans have an absurdly high value for Covington. There really isnt a good way for Portland to match salary with Minnesota by themselves. This ensures the Wolves don’t take back any salary and get little plus a frp. Even though that won’t fly with most wolves fans, I refuse to believe that a role player gets a the return of a superstar.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#124 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:41 pm

Read on Twitter
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,594

Post#125 » by NYG » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:04 pm

I know it’s not the best fit, but purely on compiling talent... what picks would OKC add to Schroder and Roberson for DeMar DeRozan?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#126 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:19 pm

NYG wrote:I know it’s not the best fit, but purely on compiling talent... what picks would OKC add to Schroder and Roberson for DeMar DeRozan?

None. If OKC were looking to go out in the first round of the playoffs again they would still have Russ and PG. OKC will be moving Gallinari and CP3 for more assets as they continue to move deeper into their rebuild.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Post#127 » by jambalaya » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:56 pm

Gallinari to Blazers is perhaps the most likely trade option for him. Rockets, Spurs, Mavs, Hawks, Heat and Hornets are perhaps possible with effort but Blazers have need, Whiteside expiring, young prospects, draft picks. For a 2 way or mutli-team trade.

CP to Miami In Dec. / Jan. is still most likely for him, though I dunno how likely. A fair amount depends on how Dragic and Winslow play.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#128 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:13 am

Read on Twitter
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Post#129 » by jambalaya » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:53 pm

Several teams will probably inquire about Noel at some point.
BlockCity
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#130 » by BlockCity » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:12 am

jambalaya wrote:Several teams will probably inquire about Noel at some point.
Gallo/Noel to Blazers for Whiteside and ?

What assets could we get in a deal like that?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#131 » by Dn4sty » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:55 am

BlockCity wrote:
jambalaya wrote:Several teams will probably inquire about Noel at some point.
Gallo/Noel to Blazers for Whiteside and ?

What assets could we get in a deal like that?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Noel has a NTC which complicates things a bit. He’s also never really been paid outside of his rookie deal. KC will have his early bird rights next summer which would allow him to get a decent contract.

Further, OKC will likely want out of the tax (or be compensated heavily enough to justify staying in the tax). Whiteside makes more than Gallo and Noel combined.

So you probably aren’t going to like where this is headed, but the conversation has to begin with Simons.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#132 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:12 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

What do you all think of a Jaylen/SGA swap?

I’ve tried to wrap my head around it a few times as a Celtics fan.. We’ve heard Presti loves or “covets” Jaylen Brown, we’re not ready to add another max salary, and we have a backcourt glut again.. SGA is less athletic but has size and similar upside..
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#133 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:26 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’ve tried to wrap my head around it a few times as a Celtics fan.. We’ve heard Presti loves or “covets” Jaylen Brown, we’re not ready to add another max salary, and we have a backcourt glut again.. SGA is less athletic but has size and similar upside..

No way. I like Jaylen more than most but Jaylen without shai is pointless.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#134 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:35 pm

I figured, you’d want to have both. Can’t imagine a way to make it happen without a multi-team scenario..
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#135 » by spearsy23 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:47 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

What's the incentive being offered? If they have similar upside how does Boston make up the added years of team control and contract difference?

Personally, I don't want anything to do with the contact brown is asking for.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#136 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:53 pm

The incentive would be trading one prospect you like at a position where you have two other starters for a prospect you like more at a different position.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#137 » by spearsy23 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:08 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:The incentive would be trading one prospect you like at a position where you have two other starters for a prospect you like more at a different position.

That's not incentive, that's rationalization. It's an attempt to obfuscate the value difference with tangential factors. If we agree that brown/Shai are similar in their upside (and I do agree, although I think there's a better chance Shai reaches his, since upside is almost always about ability to create offense), then it's obvious Shai has more value based on contract situations. How does Boston make up for that value?

As for the roster situation, Chris Paul and Dennis Schroder are not going to have an impact on what prospects we rebuild with. And even if they were, Shai is 6'6" and started at sg for a playoff team last year.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#138 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:57 am

spearsy23 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:The incentive would be trading one prospect you like at a position where you have two other starters for a prospect you like more at a different position.

That's not incentive, that's rationalization. It's an attempt to obfuscate the value difference with tangential factors. If we agree that brown/Shai are similar in their upside (and I do agree, although I think there's a better chance Shai reaches his, since upside is almost always about ability to create offense), then it's obvious Shai has more value based on contract situations. How does Boston make up for that value?

As for the roster situation, Chris Paul and Dennis Schroder are not going to have an impact on what prospects we rebuild with. And even if they were, Shai is 6'6" and started at sg for a playoff team last year.

They’re not “tangential factors”, there are differences in relative value. And SGA is earlier on the contract clock, but he also hasn’t established a floor like Jaylen Brown’s and doesn’t have the same elite athleticism. It seems to me an even swap, Boston is taking on more risk with a younger and less proven player but turning back the salary clock. The question for me is only whether it’s a trade either team would do, but I assess it as an equal exchange of value.
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Post#139 » by jambalaya » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:05 am

Whiteside, Tolliver,Hezonja, Little for Gallinari, Roberson, Noel would work salary-wise. Tweak the deal if need be. Just mentioned as an option.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#140 » by Dn4sty » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:19 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:

They’re not “tangential factors”, there are differences in relative value. And SGA is earlier on the contract clock, but he also hasn’t established a floor like Jaylen Brown’s and doesn’t have the same elite athleticism. It seems to me an even swap, Boston is taking on more risk with a younger and less proven player but turning back the salary clock. The question for me is only whether it’s a trade either team would do, but I assess it as an equal exchange of value.

I would love Brown on this team. I wouldn’t give up Shai to get him.

I view Brown as elite 3&D player who is borderline all star or maybe an all star a few times. Plus Brown is going to end up getting likely a max deal.

However, I see SGA as multi year all star. He’s also got way more years of control

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder