ImageImageImageImageImage

Joakim Noah to the Clippers (rumblings are now reality)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Hardaway2step
Sophomore
And1: 369

Re: Joakim Noah to the Clippers? (rumblings) 

Post#21 » by Hardaway2step » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:41 am

Please, Please happen! This would fill some of that depth I feel we are sorely missing. I love me some Noah
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#22 » by playaloc916 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:26 pm

Hmm.... I wonder what it could be.... The consensus seems to be that he would be a great piece to add to the team...
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Post#23 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:21 pm

The photoshop uniform swaps are getting really tired- people really don't need to do them every time there's a rumor that a guy might possibly meet with a team, or might be interested or whatever.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,803

Post#24 » by esqtvd » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:21 pm

playaloc916 wrote:Hmm.... I wonder what it could be.... The consensus seems to be that he would be a great piece to add to the team...

Not a good business move for Noah to go anywhere without some sort of guaranteed money. And with us teetering at the lux tax limit, not really a good move for the Clips to give anyone guaranteed money without knowing if they're gonna stick.

And of course there's the injury thing--Noah's only averaged about 30 games a year since he turned 30.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Post#25 » by 50CalClips » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:46 pm

nickhx2 wrote:they must really be concerned about something with him.

Games played the last four season:
41 (age 33)
29 (age 30)
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#26 » by TheNewEra » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:16 am

esqtvd wrote:
playaloc916 wrote:Hmm.... I wonder what it could be.... The consensus seems to be that he would be a great piece to add to the team...

Not a good business move for Noah to go anywhere without some sort of guaranteed money. And with us teetering at the lux tax limit, not really a good move for the Clips to give anyone guaranteed money without knowing if they're gonna stick.

And of course there's the injury thing--Noah's only averaged about 30 games a year since he turned 30.

Thought the team was well over the tax. Have a lot of small contracts it seems
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,803

Post#27 » by esqtvd » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:19 am

TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Thought the team was well over the tax. Have a lot of small contracts it seems

We're over the cap, slightly under the lux. Well planned so far.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 956

Post#28 » by clipperlover » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:36 pm

We don't need to bring in aging vets like Noah. There is only one player out there that I would like to have because of his lower salary + the perfect fit and that is Marcus Smart. At $12M, we could make a move for him. A pairing of him and PB would be epic. I wouldn't blink at offering the BC alum Robinson as part of a deal for Smart. The Celtics window closed.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#29 » by TheNewEra » Thu Oct 3, 2019 4:34 am

Team looking good so far in camp
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,418

Post#30 » by TrueLAfan » Thu Oct 3, 2019 3:32 pm

TheNewEra wrote:Team looking good so far in camp

Yeah ... I don't know if we're going to be making any roster changes in the preseason. I'm still kind of amazed that we're thinking of getting Noah *after* signing Patterson. I mean, the way I see it, we've got kinda of a lot of people at C and (especially) PF. At C, you've got Zu and Trezz ... and we know they can play there since they were successful at the position last year. And we got JaMychal to play some small ball C in the playoffs, so there's that ... and we drafted Kabengele. Leaving out Motley--who plays C--we seem pretty strong there. And PF--come on. JaMychal, Harkless, sometimes George, a few minutes of Trezz and Patterson. We're fine there. I like Noah and he brings a different dimension to the frontcourt--he's a terrific distributor and could body up against big men better than anyone except Zu (and probably better than Zu, really). I think he makes Patterson completely pointless if Trezz can play at PF.

OTOH ... we're using Mann at PG because our other PGs are Bev and Lou ... and Lou is not exactly a true distributor at the 1. Kinda surprised we feel semi-comfortable at that position. That says something about Mann, IMO.
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#31 » by 50CalClips » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:06 am

TrueLAfan wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Team looking good so far in camp

Yeah ... I don't know if we're going to be making any roster changes in the preseason. I'm still kind of amazed that we're thinking of getting Noah *after* signing Patterson. I mean, the way I see it, we've got kinda of a lot of people at C and (especially) PF. At C, you've got Zu and Trezz ... and we know they can play there since they were successful at the position last year. And we got JaMychal to play some small ball C in the playoffs, so there's that ... and we drafted Kabengele. Leaving out Motley--who plays C--we seem pretty strong there. And PF--come on. JaMychal, Harkless, sometimes George, a few minutes of Trezz and Patterson. We're fine there. I like Noah and he brings a different dimension to the frontcourt--he's a terrific distributor and could body up against big men better than anyone except Zu (and probably better than Zu, really). I think he makes Patterson completely pointless if Trezz can play at PF.

OTOH ... we're using Mann at PG because our other PGs are Bev and Lou ... and Lou is not exactly a true distributor at the 1. Kinda surprised we feel semi-comfortable at that position. That says something about Mann, IMO.

Size for particular matchups, is the reason why.

Joakim is/was a big question mark (durability/age) but what he could've brought to the team is size and length (or Dwight, for that matter). JaMychal averaged 0.3 Blks per game (0.6 per 36). Montrezl is clearly undersized. I'm on the Kabengele warwagon, but it's YTBD for the Rookie. Patterson is a just a body, lets be real. Zubac, the one guy with size/length, is still only a 22-year-old and it shows.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#32 » by TheNewEra » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:58 am

Yeah I’m all in on one more vet big
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#33 » by 50CalClips » Sun Feb 9, 2020 12:13 am

Final piece...?

NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#35 » by NippySudz » Sun Feb 9, 2020 12:48 am

Clippers would be stupid to sign him as a first option. Achilles take months to heal. Almost a year. Running track is different than running on it 3--4times a week, seldom practices and jumping on it. Stopping, and going, etc.

Game load is different than a brisk run.

Here's Kevin Durant running after practice. He's not returning this year

We don't need a DeMarcus cousins situation where we have a guranteed player that's injured on the roster wishing we picked up someone else

Being able to run Again=\= 100% healthy. Cousins got three injuries all on the same leg all because he rushed back from Achilles injury to try to play.

Want that from Noah too?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
playaloc916
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by playaloc916 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 5:52 am

So when did this Achilles injury happen? Was it after when he was supposedly scheduled to work out for us? Or maybe it was because of the injury that the workouts were called off? Either way, Achilles injuries are just too risky. There are a few exceptions, but most players don't return to their former selves after an Achilles injury.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#37 » by NippySudz » Sun Feb 9, 2020 6:37 am

playaloc916 wrote:So when did this Achilles injury happen? Was it after when he was supposedly scheduled to work out for us? Or maybe it was because of the injury that the workouts were called off? Either way, Achilles injuries are just too risky. There are a few exceptions, but most players don't return to their former selves after an Achilles injury.

Yes, windhorst let it out that he had a career threatening injury and his team was upset about that and kinda "forced" windhorst to say it wasn't accurate.

But that's the injury he had four months ago and I assume it happened during training.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by playaloc916 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:16 pm

NippySudz wrote:
playaloc916 wrote:So when did this Achilles injury happen? Was it after when he was supposedly scheduled to work out for us? Or maybe it was because of the injury that the workouts were called off? Either way, Achilles injuries are just too risky. There are a few exceptions, but most players don't return to their former selves after an Achilles injury.

Yes, windhorst let it out that he had a career threatening injury and his team was upset about that and kinda "forced" windhorst to say it wasn't accurate.

But that's the injury he had four months ago and I assume it happened during training.

Makes sense. I just read an article mentioning Windhorst backtracked on the "career threatening injury" comment... To go from "career threatening" to 100% healthy... makes you wonder... Dude should just hang em up, he's had too many injuries in his career.
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#39 » by 50CalClips » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:27 pm

50CalClips
Rookie

Re: Joakim Noah to the Clippers (rumblings are now reality) 

Post#40 » by 50CalClips » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:41 pm

I tweeked my knee two weeks ago, pain on the outer side, I was limping, etc (partial tear of something? idk).

Friday, I was back snowboarding all day. It still felt tweeked that morning, it feels tweeked now... but I was out there on the mountain for about 8 hours (couldn't stop myself, too much fun).

Point is, I believe Joakim Noah will contribute, he'll play through the pain.

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers