ImageImageImage

2019 Another lost season for the Falcons

Moderator: HMFFL

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,600

2019 Another lost season for the Falcons 

Post#1 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:43 pm

Another zero sack game for the Falcons, and Julio is also stinking up the place!

It looks like the Falcons will be playing for a top ten pick in 2020
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,898

Re: 2019 Another lost season for the Falcons 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:27 am

Top 5 looks more likely.
What a disappointment!

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:32 am

Next we play Houston and after that we go to Arizona. Both must be wins before the difficult stretch of the schedule begings. LA Rams, Seattle, New Orleans, and the rest of the division.

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by atlantabbq99 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:54 am

The season is lost and I'm not focused on the 1-3 record, I'm looking at the Falcons having the fewest sacks in the NFL right now and they are doing it without any major injuries.

Their is no excuses for the lack of sacks or QB pressures at this point, it is simply a lack of talent the Falcons have on the front seven.

I don't see Tak or Beas all of a sudden having a 10 sack season.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,348

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#6 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:14 pm

Read on Twitter

Clipped wings in Atlanta

I wrote in this space not long ago that it was getting late in Atlanta and that was a team on the brink. Well, Sunday they sunk. They once again got pounded physically on both sides of the ball and failed to show up in the first half. The season, my friends, is doomed. They have shown no real ability to get off the mat to this point, so I'm pretty convinced that this is who they are.

The Falcons have a first-half scoring differential of minus-51 through just four games; only the hellbent-on-0-16 Dolphins are worse (minus-56). Matt Ryan once again started a game slow and staggered, and the Falcons defense was pushed and shoved all over the field as the Titans pulled ahead 24-7 in the second quarter. Marcus Mariota, fighting to keep his starting job, carved Atlanta up in their dome, and the suspect outings in that beautiful new dome must be making owner Arthur Blank sick by now. The Falcons haven't entered the meat of their NFC South schedule yet; at this point it might be too late when they do at the end of October.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#7 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Oct 1, 2019 3:39 pm

The 2019 season quickly becoming a lost one for Atlanta Falcons

The Atlanta Falcons came into the 2019 season with so much promise. A Top 5 finish for Atlanta's offense seemed all but guaranteed, and a return to health gave the Falcons optimism that the defense would return to its ways from the 2016 and 2017 season.

Interestingly, the Falcons are ranked in the Top 10 in both yards and yards allowed, and yet, the sit at 1-3 and seem to be staring a lost season straight in the face.

The Falcons are accumulating yards and not giving up a ton, but they have been poor in key situations. Atlanta is 17th in red-zone touchdown percentage, tied for second to last in turnover margin and lead the league in penalties.

Right now, the offense is one-dimensional because the Falcons are 22nd with a 4.0 yards per carry average, and that's actually misleading. Lead back Devonta Freeman is averaging only 3.3 yards per rush, and it's hard to expect that to get better with how banged up the Falcons offensive line currently is.

But maybe the biggest problem to the ground attack is Atlanta falling behind early in games. The Falcons can't commit to running the ball as much as they would like to because they are facing three-score deficits by halftime.

Defensively, the Falcons aren't getting the pass rush they need to slow down opposing offenses. Atlanta is tied for second-to-last with five sacks, and without safety Keanu Neal, the Falcons don't seem to have that elite playmaker that "fixes" things on defense.
SI.com
pssshhhrrr87
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#8 » by pssshhhrrr87 » Thu Oct 3, 2019 3:48 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Which is why Blank needs to finally fire Dimitroff.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#9 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Oct 3, 2019 4:39 pm

pssshhhrrr87 wrote:Which is why Blank needs to finally fire Dimitroff.

While I agree that's something Arthur needs to logically consider...I'd be hesitant to do so.

It was Blank who hired Quinn and Blank who gave Quinn final personnel say.

T Dimitroff is still highly regarded in league circles. I'd only let TD go if we are really cleaning house and looking to do a franchise reboot...meaning trading Julio and Matty Ice.

My bigger concern is that we have refused to hire a true offensive coach since Petrino. And so we keep changing offensive coordinators every 2-3 years as a result.

Bring me Jim Harbaugh!!!

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Oct 3, 2019 6:01 pm

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#11 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Oct 4, 2019 5:34 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:.......

You got a short memory, man...

atlantabbq99 wrote:Shanahan is such a bone head. His stupidity is amazing :nonono:
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#12 » by graymule » Mon Oct 7, 2019 11:59 am

:banghead:

Oh boy! Just think. If the Falcons didn't have this great defensive minded head coach, who is in charge of the defense this season,
how bad this team would be.

Poor offense can't overcome terrible defense. Ice cold QB can't get started. Line can't open lanes for the backs to run through.
Best receiver in football can't get open often enough to lead the team. Pitiful. And, the offense is much better than the defense.

Where did the Falcons go wrong? Better question: What are they doing right?? Carolina beats Houston. Yet, Atlanta gets to play
them next and are blown away. What can the Falcons do now??

:banghead:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#13 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:20 pm

Mike Cunningham wrote:Does Blank know what needs to be fixed for Falcons?

Blank said he’s not contemplating firing coach Dan Quinn or anyone else. Maybe Blank is just saying that for public consumption, but I’m not sure about that.

I’m back to wondering how well Blank, a business person, can evaluate his football people with such an awkward power structure. “Co-team builders” Quinn and general Thomas Dimitroff report to Blank and there is no other senior football executive who can provide Blank an honest accounting of the operation. Blank can look at the results, but how does he judge the decision-making process?

Quinn’s defense ranks next-to-last in points allowed behind the Dolphins, who are tanking. Dirk Koetter’s offense is ranked No. 21 in points, two spots better than Steven Sarkisian’s group in 2018. The Falcons would be 0-5 if not for Nelson Agholor dropping what should have been a game-winning TD pass.

Blank has more information than anyone about the Falcons football operations. I’m just not sure he knows how to parse it all. After all, Blank co-signed Quinn’s staff restructuring plan based on his head coach’s past performance and we see how that’s turning out.
AJC
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 2:19 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:.......

You got a short memory, man...

atlantabbq99 wrote:Shanahan is such a bone head. His stupidity is amazing :nonono:

49ers are #1 in rushing attempts among all NFL teams in 2019, 39 rushing attempts per game...

Has Shanahan finally learned to RUN THE BALL!!! and settle for the field goal!!! Has he learn from his horrible horrible mistake?! :nod:

You just haven't been paying attention.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#15 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:35 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Has Shanahan finally learned to RUN THE BALL!!! and settle for the field goal!!! Has he learn from his horrible horrible mistake?! :nod:

You just haven't been paying attention.

You just tend to swing from one extreme to the next, so it's really hard to know where you stand on a given day:

atlantabbq99 wrote:I'm so pissed with Shanahan and his stupidity.

atlantabbq99 wrote:I really don't want to see this guy back. He did a horrible job in Cleveland and now he is doing a horrible job in Atlanta.

atlantabbq99 wrote:Shanahan shouldn't be given credit for the Falcons' yards per game...Shanahan is just lucky that he has the best receiver in the game to bail him out and rack up the yards.

You spent over a year harping for the guy to be fired on this same forum. Now you want him back because his team has been good for a month and a half?

Spoiler:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#16 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:25 pm

Matt Ryan's Stats in the latest Loss

30/36, 356 yds, 4 TDs, 0 INT...and they still lost

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#17 » by HMFFL » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:03 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Matt Ryan's Stats in the latest Loss

30/36, 356 yds, 4 TDs, 0 INT...and they still lost

Read on Twitter
That's amazing that he puts up those #'s and we loss. I respect that we made an attempt to come from behind but that just another dagger in the heart.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by HMFFL » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:05 am

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks