ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Mitchell Robinson Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,133

Re: Official Mitchell Robinson Thread 

Post#701 » by Fat Kat » Wed Oct 2, 2019 1:45 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#702 » by KnicksGod » Wed Oct 2, 2019 2:36 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Suuuuure he did ;)
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#703 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Oct 2, 2019 1:55 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Keep working at it!
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#704 » by F N 11 » Wed Oct 2, 2019 10:58 pm

Mitch said he would get them up and Fiz said if he is open he encourages him to take it.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,389

Post#705 » by NYKat » Thu Oct 3, 2019 1:27 am

Imma just go ahead and get this unpopular opinion out the way, just so I’m on record...

There’s something about this kid that rubs me the wrong way...

Yes, he has a **** of potential, but it’s just that potential,

he really hasn’t done **** yet and he’s too much of a goofball for my liking and he is a classic case of NY overrating their own players like we’ve done with everyone we’ve drafted from Majiec Lampe to Channing Frye to Iman Shumpert.

I saw the red flags with KP and his diva **** and chose to ignore it. I’m not ignoring Robinson’s red flags... he reminds me of a young Dwight Howard in terms of personality and we all know how his career progressed.

I hope I’m dead wrong, but something about this kid strikes me as he’s not all he’s cracked up to be.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#706 » by Jose7 » Thu Oct 3, 2019 1:32 am

Mitch has come for from very humble beginnings..from day one he never backed down from Anyone. Was talked about being a g league candidate and lead the league in blocks per 48...talk yo talk Mitch
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,133

Post#707 » by Fat Kat » Thu Oct 3, 2019 1:42 am

NYKat wrote:Imma just go ahead and get this unpopular opinion out the way, just so I’m on record...

he really hasn’t done **** yet and he’s too much of a goofball for my liking and he is a classic case of NY overrating their own players like we’ve done with everyone we’ve drafted from Majiec Lampe to Channing Frye to Iman Shumpert.

I saw the red flags with KP and his diva **** and chose to ignore it. I’m not ignoring Robinson’s red flags... he reminds me of a young Dwight Howard in terms of personality and we all know how his career progressed.

I hope I’m dead wrong, but something about this kid strikes me as he’s not all he’s cracked up to be.

Perhaps instead of thinking that we are each somebody, we should realize that everybody is nobody.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,864

Post#708 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Oct 3, 2019 2:02 am

NYKat wrote:Imma just go ahead and get this unpopular opinion out the way, just so I’m on record...

I think you're wrong, but I'll let you live
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#709 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 3, 2019 2:57 am

LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,373

Post#710 » by god shammgod » Thu Oct 3, 2019 3:11 am

NYKat
RealGM

Post#711 » by NYKat » Thu Oct 3, 2019 3:14 am

god shammgod wrote:

You’re a cornball bro, FOH
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,373

Post#712 » by god shammgod » Thu Oct 3, 2019 3:14 am

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,635

Post#713 » by DaGawd » Thu Oct 3, 2019 3:33 am

If having a personality is being a goofball then ****....
BaF
Washington Wizards
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,274

Post#714 » by Clyde Frazier » Thu Oct 3, 2019 5:22 am

His goofy personality seems to rub you the wrong way and you're using that to downplay just how special he is as a prospect from what he's shown *on the court*. His ability as a team defender is off the charts. Legitimately no one in the league can cover the entire court and revert back to his man they way he can. The rate at which he blocks jumpers is off the charts. He's also already an elite threat at the rim and improved his fouling and FT shooting in the second half of the season. Non-knicks media who have watched him play enough are super high on him as well.

None of the players you mentioned remotely showed the potential mitch has. Shump did show some nice potential as a perimeter defender, but lost that after he tore his ACL. Also, your dwight mention is legitimately laughable. The magic were able to build a team around him that made a finals run, and he peaked as an MVP level player in 2011. His later career attitude seems to be more of a problem, but also it's his back issues that really derailed his career. People forget that because he hasn't lost his physique, but he hasn't been close to magic level for years now.

Your mitch evaluation is completely off base.
NYKat
RealGM

Post#715 » by NYKat » Thu Oct 3, 2019 10:14 am

Clyde Frazier wrote:

His goofy personality seems to rub you the wrong way and you're using that to downplay just how special he is as a prospect from what he's shown *on the court*. His ability as a team defender is off the charts. Legitimately no one in the league can cover the entire court and revert back to his man they way he can. The rate at which he blocks jumpers is off the charts. He's also already an elite threat at the rim and improved his fouling and FT shooting in the second half of the season. Non-knicks media who have watched him play enough are super high on him as well.

None of the players you mentioned remotely showed the potential mitch has. Shump did show some nice potential as a perimeter defender, but lost that after he tore his ACL. Also, your dwight mention is legitimately laughable. The magic were able to build a team around him that made a finals run, and he peaked as an MVP level player in 2011. His later career attitude seems to be more of a problem, but also it's his back issues that really derailed his career. People forget that because he hasn't lost his physique, but he hasn't been close to magic level for years now.

So let me clarify that it’s two separate issues really...

I get he’s young and funny, which is cool. Personality doesn’t necessarily affect his work ethic.However, the goofy **** he does reminds me of a lot of the criticism young Dwight received about taking the game seriously. At some point, In his career, that silly sh*t gotta end and he has to be serious and professional. Maybe I’m thinking waaayyyyy too far in advance. But it’s something that bears watching as his career progresses.

The separate issue is how we as NY fans and media, take a prospect that has potential and immediately act as if it’s already achieved. So many players have one or two good seasons, but it doesn’t make them consistent great players. The kid is an elite shot blocker for his age. But that’s it. Let’s stop putting him in the hall of game already.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#716 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Oct 3, 2019 10:32 am

I hate how goofy Dennis Rodman is on these Pistons. I don't think he'll amount to much.
NYKat, circa 1988
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#717 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Oct 3, 2019 10:44 am

thebuzzardman wrote:I hate how goofy Dennis Rodman is on these Pistons. I don't think he'll amount to much.
NYKat, circa 1988

All in fun man.

I can see someone having the opinion Mitch is too loosey goosey for just having one year under his belt, had a really good season, but in a limited way - elite role player if you will.

But having a guy on a team who keeps it light, but still works hard etc, that can be a good thing
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,864

Post#718 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Oct 3, 2019 12:40 pm

NYKat wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:

So let me clarify that it’s two separate issues really...

I get he’s young and funny, which is cool. Personality doesn’t necessarily affect his work ethic.However, the goofy **** he does reminds me of a lot of the criticism young Dwight received about taking the game seriously. At some point, In his career, that silly sh*t gotta end and he has to be serious and professional. Maybe I’m thinking waaayyyyy too far in advance. But it’s something that bears watching as his career progresses.

The separate issue is how we as NY fans and media, take a prospect that has potential and immediately act as if it’s already achieved. So many players have one or two good seasons, but it doesn’t make them consistent great players. The kid is an elite shot blocker for his age. But that’s it. Let’s stop putting him in the hall of game already.

Mitch is already more than an elite shot blocker. His presence in the paint combined with strong perimeter defense from our backcourt will freeze offenses. I remember games where no one wanted to penetrate in the second half because of Mitch and that was without strong perimeter defense.

Mitch's offense so far is limited to the rim, but around the rim he is dynamic AF. This guy routinely pulls in passes from the rafters and finds a way to convert. He is one of the best talents around the rim I've ever seen, so there's already that.

And his defense is NOT limited to the rim area. He blocked more three point shooters than anyone else last year. The NBA was buzzing over his ability to range the whole court defensively. That's something special and quite rare for a guy his height.

Even though he hasn't shown it in games yet, it is obvious he has shooting form and will expand his range over time.

As far as his personality goes, I'd rather have guys be who they are as long as it is not divisive and petty. I don't always find his goofy stuff that interesting, but I cannot say it bothers me to the extent I'd say it is a problem. It is obviously clouding your judgment, because Mitch is probably a Top 3 center by the end of this season.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#719 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Oct 3, 2019 12:43 pm

Fat Kat wrote:

Perhaps instead of thinking that we are each somebody, we should realize that everybody is nobody.

Nobody is everybody
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#720 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Oct 3, 2019 1:08 pm

Well so far he’s nothing like Dwight Howard. He’s a funny kid doesn’t mean he’s Dwight Howard now. There are things you want to monitor like any other young player.

KP had fans thinking he was this great classy guy and come to find out he was a jerk all along. So don’t think you know these guys. We don’t. Just hope for the best. But I don’t see any major red flags with Robinson yet. He works hard, stays out of trouble, doesn’t create drama, and he has improved steadily. That’s all you can ask for.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,

Return to New York Knicks