What an 80% KD Means to Me

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Re: What an 80% KD Means to Me 

Post#61 » by MGrand15 » Thu Oct 3, 2019 3:04 pm

Damn - the tables have really turned.

Last year Prok was killing anyone that said 40+ wins was our ceiling. Constantly said we were a bottom 5 talent team. 1 year later and he's killing anyone that doesn't think 40+ wins is our floor. Calling LeGOAT our 2nd best player.

Almost brings a tear to my eye.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,001

Post#62 » by 3pt_chucker » Thu Oct 3, 2019 3:46 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Damn - the tables have really turned.

Last year Prok was killing anyone that said 40+ wins was our ceiling. Constantly said we were a bottom 5 talent team. 1 year later and he's killing anyone that doesn't think 40+ wins is our floor. Calling LeGOAT our 2nd best player.

Almost brings a tear to my eye.

I was thinking the sane thing. :lol:
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#63 » by gigantes » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:09 am

Yes, well... 'improvement' doesn't mean that certain things and certain areas can't provide a spot of trouble here and there. That's just reality, far as I know. Also, please understand, all I'm really looking for is a fair, knowledgeable take on our weaknesses, wherever they may lie.

Small explanation time-- at a certain point I was unable to keep playing this beautiful sport, personally. And invariably, when that happens in whatever sport it be, I typically have a much harder time following my favorite team in said sport. For the same reason, I don't follow the Phillies, Eagles or Flyers, anymore. I.e., I can't play those sports anymore. It's as simple as that.

Now maybe that's a lame way to roll, I guess, but that's how I roll.

Meanwhile, the Nets* are still my favorite sports team, and indeed the one and only sports team I follow, anymore. Tennis and table tennis and MMA are all sports without teams, more or less, so those are different. Aside from the Nets, I only follow individuals in sports, not teams. (MMA is a set of techniques that absolutely -everyone- should follow regardless of physical health, IMO)

At the end of the day? I consider you two of the top posters in Nets fandom, and I'm grateful for your contributions here, and it's been my pleasure following your posts and learning lots of different stuff. So, thank you, MDB and Prok. Thank you.

And, to the point? Me, I have zero reason or motivation to put the team down, or think negatively about the Nets. I hope you all don't think I'm trying to stir up sh-t or find needless flaws in the team. But, given my personal situation as explained, I don't follow the team as closely as y'all, and I love hearing more balanced takes than I can come up with, personally. Because my knowledge is simply not as good as yours, TBH. And I love hearing both sides of a coin, be it Nets-related, or something completely different.

Eh, hopefully I made more sense above than in my previous posts. :S

* Going back almost 20 years, I was beyond frustrated with Iverson. It was either stroke or heart attack time (pick your poison), with each passing year. Then, out of nowhere, during the 2001 offseason, Jason Kidd got traded to nearby team (not the Knicks), and 'said team' got off to a hellacious start. My memory may be wrong, but I can almost swear there was a huge buzz around the Nets even from the 2001 pre-season games. Gott verdammt... and it was deserved! :P

Regardless, that's when and why I fell head over heels for said team... featuring said player, but also that amazing surrounding cast. <3
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,865

Post#64 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:46 am

gigantes wrote:Yes, well... 'improvement' doesn't mean that certain things and certain areas can't provide a spot of trouble here and there. That's just reality, far as I know. Also, please understand, all I'm really looking for is a fair, knowledgeable take on our weaknesses, wherever they may lie.

Small explanation time-- at a certain point I was unable to keep playing this beautiful sport, personally. And invariably, when that happens in whatever sport it be, I typically have a much harder time following my favorite team in said sport. For the same reason, I don't follow the Phillies, Eagles or Flyers, anymore. I.e., I can't play those sports anymore. It's as simple as that.

Now maybe that's a lame way to roll, I guess, but that's how I roll.

Meanwhile, the Nets* are still my favorite sports team, and indeed the one and only sports team I follow, anymore. Tennis and table tennis and MMA are all sports without teams, more or less, so those are different. Aside from the Nets, I only follow individuals in sports, not teams. (MMA is a set of techniques that absolutely -everyone- should follow regardless of physical health, IMO)

At the end of the day? I consider you two of the top posters in Nets fandom, and I'm grateful for your contributions here, and it's been my pleasure following your posts and learning lots of different stuff. So, thank you, MDB and Prok. Thank you.

And, to the point? Me, I have zero reason or motivation to put the team down, or think negatively about the Nets. I hope you all don't think I'm trying to stir up sh-t or find needless flaws in the team. But, given my personal situation as explained, I don't follow the team as closely as y'all, and I love hearing more balanced takes than I can come up with, personally. Because my knowledge is simply not as good as yours, TBH. And I love hearing both sides of a coin, be it Nets-related, or something completely different.

Eh, hopefully I made more sense above than in my previous posts. :S

* Going back almost 20 years, I was beyond frustrated with Iverson. It was either stroke or heart attack time (pick your poison), with each passing year. Then, out of nowhere, during the 2001 offseason, Jason Kidd got traded to nearby team (not the Knicks), and 'said team' got off to a hellacious start. My memory may be wrong, but I can almost swear there was a huge buzz around the Nets even from the 2001 pre-season games. Gott verdammt... and it was deserved! :P

Regardless, that's when and why I fell head over heels for said team... featuring said player, but also that amazing surrounding cast. <3

There are way better people than me within this fanbase who post on forums/social media that actually provide actual service to Nets fans, including multiple people on this forum like the mods on here Rich and Nyce, TheNetsFan/Prok for their cap knowledge, Paradise always has his ears to the streets, Trader Joe, MGrand, several others contribute so much more I know I'm forgetting mad posters. I appreciate it, but I'm not worthy of being called anything.

I'm just the guy that talks **** and trolls opposing fanbases when needed. I'd rather be that tbh. especially in this new era where we're going to start winning games. i want to talk a ton of **** and have beef with opposing fanbases. save that kind of praise for the good folks on here.

let me work in the shadows while the rest of you do good things for the community. My purpose as a Nets fan online is to do the dirty work and hopefully not get banned for life.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#65 » by Paradise » Sun Oct 6, 2019 6:51 pm

He’s already moving really good for a guy 4 months off of surgery.

Read on Twitter

Return to Brooklyn Nets